Harry styles

Leyrulion

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Nope. 

Probably a sub right now.

He’s not even a sub I’d say. Without wishing to come across as snobbish Glastonbury isn’t populated by teenage girls. To most punters he’s the guy from 1D who went out with Caroline Flack. I don’t see him as being anywhere near big enough yet to take up prime Pyramid real estate. They never booked 1D, why book a guy from them who hasn’t been anywhere near as successful?

Could see him before or after the legend on a Sunday.

Reckon about fourth, possibly third down the Pyramid for Harry if he were to play. You could argue that he’s too big for those slots, but his target audience isn’t exactly your average Glastonbury goer and I’m sure he understands that so would accept a reasonable slot if asked instead of being a diva about it. 

Third Pyramid rn I feel.

Also I think he'd be well received with the Glastonbury audience. His solo career has a broader appeal to One Direction's, for sure. Obviously not saying he's bigger now, but it's certainly not just teenage girls who would want to see him.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Do you think he'd be a headliner?

No but I think he’d want a bigger slot now than Glastonbury would probably be willing to give him. Sub or third down I reckon. His second album is actually doing quite well.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

He’s not even a sub I’d say. Without wishing to come across as snobbish Glastonbury isn’t populated by teenage girls. To most punters he’s the guy from 1D who went out with Caroline Flack. I don’t see him as being anywhere near big enough yet to take up prime Pyramid real estate. They never booked 1D, why book a guy from them who hasn’t been anywhere near as successful?

Could see him before or after the legend on a Sunday.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Reckon about fourth, possibly third down the Pyramid for Harry if he were to play. You could argue that he’s too big for those slots, but his target audience isn’t exactly your average Glastonbury goer and I’m sure he understands that so would accept a reasonable slot if asked instead of being a diva about it. 

He might not have many direct fans at Glastonbury but a lot of people would “check him out” now out of curiosity. I reckon he would get a slot similar to Miley imo. He’d get a crowd similar to Miley too.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He might not have many direct fans at Glastonbury but a lot of people would “check him out” now out of curiosity.

Honestly I think he'd have quite a lot of fans at Glastonbury. I'd certainly want to see him, clashes permitting.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Honestly I think he'd have quite a lot of fans at Glastonbury. I'd certainly want to see him, clashes permitting.

I think by fans I mean people buying his gig tickets and wearing his t-shirts.

People who would see him clashes permitting is probably a lot.

Harry's a cool guy. Mid afternoon Pyramid would be a great slot for him and I think most people would be pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it would be. The 1D stuff doesn't really matter as it isn't at all representative of who he is as a solo artist.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think by fans I mean people buying his gig tickets and wearing his t-shirts.

People who would see him clashes permitting is probably a lot.

Well I'd say I'm a fan and would see him, clashes permitting. I'd also say that about most acts that I'm a fan of. Does that not make me fan enough? 😛

Regardless, I still think there'd be a decent amount of people at Glastonbury who would buy his gig tickets. I don't think he's anywhere near as alien to the Glastonbury crowd as is being made out.

If there's anyone who is dismissing him as only for teenage girls and someone from a tv talent show who dated someone famous they're missing the boat. He's got a backing band together of properly talented individuals like Adam Prendergrast who plays with Lianne La Havas before and Sarah Jones who's drummed for just about everyone good 

Approach with an open mind and prepare to be pleasantly surprised