What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

10 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Thanks. I'll wack it on in the background while I'm working then, I'm assuming there's some half decent performances in there.

There is, but it's nearly all presented as 20-60 second clips and/or background for someone to talk over saying how amazing Coachella/the performer is. Don't think there's an actual full track in the thing.

1 minute ago, incident said:

There is, but it's nearly all presented as 20-60 second clips and/or background for someone to talk over saying how amazing Coachella/the performer is. Don't think there's an actual full track in the thing.

Ah. Might not bother then

Here’s some of the things I’ve absolutely loved on streaming:

Bojack Horseman (Netflix)

Best animated show around. Managed to be hilarious and heartbreaking. The View from Halfway Down and The Observatory are two of the most heart wrenching pieces of television ever made.

Parks and Recreation (Amazon Prime)

Basically if The US Office featured likeable characters. Season 1 is a bit iffy but as soon as Chris and Ben come in, it easily becomes one of the most enjoyable sitcoms ever.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Excellent horror series. If you like classic haunted house style horror films, give this a watch. Ables to be both an excellent tense horror story and a tight gripping family drama. Watch it in the dark. 

Also recommend the John Mulaney stand up specials on Netflix

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Not tv! But Radio X are playing the 100 best of british! Lots of classic tunes and be worth listening too on catch up!! Almost a garden festival soundtrack! 
oh and Disney+ well someone had to suggest it! 

Just been listening to it on my walk after recommendation of @vintagelaureate thanks :) 

11 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

That’s interesting.  Both me and @SecretFish are rather into Star Wars so would be interested in your reviews!

Ok will do, I’ve a son in law who is totally obsessed with the films. It was always fun seeing his frustration when I said I have never seen them. Sky is showing them so will start soon. ! 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

If you’ve not watched it I recommend Race Across the World on BBC. It’s currently on its second series, all episodes including the first series are on iPlayer. 

It’s a boring version of The Amazing Race but worth watching.

4 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Parks and Recreation (Amazon Prime)

Basically if The US Office featured likeable characters. Season 1 is a bit iffy but as soon as Chris and Ben come in, it easily becomes one of the most enjoyable sitcoms ever.

Just watched a video of Billy on the Street so going to rewatch from the start of series 6. I’d previously rewatched the rest last year & we made it up to halfway series 5.

Treat yo self!

edit: we also skipped season/series 1, it doesn’t add anything to the show or characters after that. A brief 2 minute convo from someone that has seen it would suffice.

Edited by Bisque

I ended up re-watching all of the Harry Potter movies. Clearly it had been a while that I'd forgotten there's moments that are extremely unkind it is to its central characters.

Goblet of Fire is the best one, with Azkaban also a solid one. The first two are almost self contained given how different the look and tone is, Order of the Phoenix was better than I remembered given I found it weak, Half Blood Prince is pretty good with more to do for some of its more interesting characters but still needs more lighting, and the 2 Deathly Hallows compliment each other well enough, even if both have some flaws inherent to each part.

Now need something else to do. Finished Tiger King, and just started the second season of Sex Education.

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

It’s a boring version of The Amazing Race but worth watching.

What is different about The Amazing Race?

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone given Money Heist a bash yet?

I've wondered how I should watch it. I watched the first episode without realising Netflix UK defaults to an English dub having assumed it would be in Spanish with English subtitles.

Most people I asked suggested I should try and watch it en Espanol.

Edited by charlierc

33 minutes ago, priest17 said:

It would take a man with much more patience than me to get through 8 seasons on that shaky platform. 

Have you used it recently? Miles miles better than about 12 months ago. The adverts are still annoying, but it's actually pretty stable with a decent picture now for the first time in its life.

It's not Netflix/Prime levels of picture quality, but comparable with the non-UHD iPlayer.

17 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah and the ridiculous length of commercials on it. 

I'm game for an advert or 2 in the name of people getting paid to create, but yeah it gets a bit silly, especially when it crashes so you've gotta watch them again. They only seem to have like 4 different adverts at any one time as well so it gets a bit strenuous being sold the same things over and over.

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you used it recently? Miles miles better than about 12 months ago. The adverts are still annoying, but it's actually pretty stable with a decent picture now for the first time in its life.

It's not Netflix/Prime levels of picture quality, but comparable with the non-UHD iPlayer.

No last time I used it was when I tried to binge community a while back, luckily the quality of the show dropped well below the quality of the player so felt okay walking away ahah.