What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Rocketman (I'd bolded it in the quote)

FWIW, I also enjoyed Tiger King, but I didn't get it confused for a documentary. It was entertainment.

I'm not with it of course quote bolded .

My wife absolutely loves the film just didn't work for me .

Yeah tiger king like watching a train wreck unfold 

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Fuck me, only finished it a couple of weeks ago due to mine and my flatmates schedule, what a show. Up there with True Detective season 1 as best seasons of TV, I was fuckin enamoured.

Now true detective season 1 is an absolute giant of a programme . But don't bother with season 2 . Season 3 not bad 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Fuck me, only finished it a couple of weeks ago due to mine and my flatmates schedule, what a show. Up there with True Detective season 1 as best seasons of TV, I was fuckin enamoured.

Watched it a second time immediately and found it even more rewarding, can’t stop recommending it. First couple of eps seem to put off a lot of people but by midway point you know you’re watching something special. 

3 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Watched it a second time immediately and found it even more rewarding, can’t stop recommending it. First couple of eps seem to put off a lot of people but by midway point you know you’re watching something special. 

Yeah I need to go through it again as I didn't really think much of the first couple of episodes, only coz I had no idea what the hell was going on. I'd seen the film many, many moons ago but could't remember any of it. Probably the best example of 'hang in there, everything is pretty much explained'.

I mean it got to the point I was even excited to see the episode titles, so much care went into that show. Jean Smart is so fucking cool as well (that might have something to do with my aforementioned Legion love though to be fair).

23 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I need to go through it again as I didn't really think much of the first couple of episodes, only coz I had no idea what the hell was going on. I'd seen the film many, many moons ago but could't remember any of it. Probably the best example of 'hang in there, everything is pretty much explained'.

I mean it got to the point I was even excited to see the episode titles, so much care went into that show. Jean Smart is so fucking cool as well (that might have something to do with my aforementioned Legion love though to be fair).

For me it was a case of my favourite tv writer meets my all time favourite graphic novel, thought it was going to be a mess but I’ll still love it. Shame it seems one and done, probably for the best though. Jean Smart killed it in Fargo too. 

22 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

So did everyone sleep on Watchmen last year? 

It's on our Sky planner, think we watched the first, maybe two episodes. Haven't deleted it, just haven't got to revisiting it. Might have to pick that up again.

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

It's on our Sky planner, think we watched the first, maybe two episodes. Haven't deleted it, just haven't got to revisiting it. Might have to pick that up again.

Those first two episodes are trying, know a few people who gave up after them. It picks up the pace in a big way and becomes something really special. You don’t even have to be a fan of the source material to appreciate it. That helps though. 

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Absolutely loved this when I watched it

Yes we have been trying to find it for a while as we don't have access to Now TV or Sky Atlantic but finally found it lying around the internet. It was really touching. I am also firmly in the camp of wanting to see Tim Minchin grace Worthy Farm one day. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Only the first two episodes so far, but loving what I've seen so far. 

Also, Nick Offerman's character, think that's what I'm going to look like by the time I go back to work

Haha! Me and the missus have watched it all this week it’s absolutely sensational. One of the most original and stylish things I’ve seen on tv in quite a while. The soundtrack is mesmerising 

31 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Haha! Me and the missus have watched it all this week it’s absolutely sensational. One of the most original and stylish things I’ve seen on tv in quite a while. The soundtrack is mesmerising 

I think I'm just in the perfect state to watch it now. Slow paced, dreamlike shows like this can sometimes feel really self indulgent but it's totally suiting my mood right now

Watching Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins. The guy from Rudimental said he played in front of 80k people at Glastonbury.

edit: I was at that set, the lightning strike one, & they had Anne Marie as their singer.

Edited by Bisque

On 4/19/2020 at 10:07 AM, HeyPorter said:

So did everyone sleep on Watchmen last year? 

Loved this.

although not essential , for non fans it’s def worth trying to catch the movie somewhere prior to watching the series 

was great to see somebody write some original material set in the same universe without just rehashing/rebooting  the original story 

We’ve been watching the Goldblum and Baby Yoda shows on Disney+. The Imagineering Story on there is also incredible.

Really enjoying Schitts Creek (I think the final season arrives soon?) on Netflix and was certainly intrigued by the first couple of episodes of Devs. We’re also rewatching the US Office and enjoying Feel Good and Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist.

The final episode of Better Call Saul was the chef’s kiss at the end of an extraordinary series. Gutted we will apparently be waiting at least 18 months for the next one.