What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

8 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Succession ended perfectly. Now watching the final Barry and hoping for similar.

I think 'nailed it' is a pretty good summing up.

I wish I liked Barry. I should like it. People who I like, like it. People who like the same stuff as I do, like it. I've heard incredible stuff about this final series. It just never clicked with me.

On 5/30/2023 at 5:32 AM, philipsteak said:

I think 'nailed it' is a pretty good summing up.

I wish I liked Barry. I should like it. People who I like, like it. People who like the same stuff as I do, like it. I've heard incredible stuff about this final series. It just never clicked with me.

I watched series 1. The hitman plot I could not care less about, but the acting class thing was very great, and based on a few experiences I've had with extras I've met on music video shoots, very very real. Think I might get back into it now it's all over.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

I watched series 1. The hitman plot I could not care less about, but the acting class thing was very great, and based on a few experiences I've had with extras I've met on music video shoots, very very real. Think I might get back into it now it's all over.

Yeah it was the hitman stuff I was less bothered about.

Maybe I'll give it another go

On 5/29/2023 at 9:13 PM, Ryan1984 said:

Succession ended perfectly. Now watching the final Barry and hoping for similar.

What did you think of the Barry finale? I’m pretty torn on it… and think it/the entire back half of this season seemed really rushed, which kills me to say because I absolutely loved the rest of it.

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What did you think of the Barry finale? I’m pretty torn on it… and think it/the entire back half of this season seemed really rushed, which kills me to say because I absolutely loved the rest of it.

I liked it but would agree with you there. I did enjoy the ‘adaptation’.

Finally caught up with Succession. I am ... satisfied with that ending. Massive B-storyline HA! from me on Karolina getting Hugo his due (hopefully that's not too much of a spoiler).

Otherwise still have to catch up with Yellowjackets. That season 2 is just not really where it should be. And Mrs Davies, very fun, and Class of  07, another fun show. (one needs some fun after the utter darkness of Succession)

• 3 weeks later...

hate to show off..but currently we have netflix, disney+, prime, apple and Now. 

Apple we have free for a few months so we're watching Silo, have watched Invasion, and going through Severance. All really good. Plus, Snoopy Show!

Got Now recently to watch Succession and Last of us which everyone keeps banging on about. Early days for Succession but I see the appeal, although missus and kid less impressed. My kid loves Last of us though as she was really into the games. Also want to watch White Lotus, not sure how family friendly that one is.

Also just started watching The Days on Netflix about the Fukushima Tsunami disaster.

(oh, and I love a bit of Cunk). 

45 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Got Now recently to watch Succession and Last of us which everyone keeps banging on about. Early days for Succession but I see the appeal, although missus and kid less impressed. My kid loves Last of us though as she was really into the games. Also want to watch White Lotus, not sure how family friendly that one is.

I really enjoyed White Lotus but I have no idea why. It is more funny peculiar rather than ha ha and is dark. I would say it is not very family friendly at around a 15 cert.

Give Barry a shot. It is very bingeworthy at less then 30mins an episode. I like The Rookie with Nathan Fillion. Always delivers a smile.

20 hours ago, pryce said:

watching 'for all mankind' on Apple....not sure why this has flown under the radar, its fantastic! 

It's a really interesting idea, mostly really well executed. It's also absolute soapy nonsense at times (which I'm not gonna lie, I also quite enjoyed)

We've been boshing through The Change with Bridget Christie.   I often find it very funny, especially lines it's easy to miss and it has a great cast that you'll know or recognise from other shows - only just over twentyish minutes each. 

Finished all 6 episodes in two nights, great. 

Edited by clarkete

21 hours ago, clarkete said:

We've been boshing through The Change with Bridget Christie.   I often find it very funny, especially lines it's easy to miss and it has a great cast that you'll know or recognise from other shows - only just over twentyish minutes each. 

Finished all 6 episodes in two nights, great. 

Thanks for the reminder, forgot about this. Big fan of Bridget Christie

On 6/29/2023 at 12:51 PM, philipsteak said:

It's a really interesting idea, mostly really well executed. It's also absolute soapy nonsense at times (which I'm not gonna lie, I also quite enjoyed)

The soapy parts are my favourite parts!

Had no idea where it was going after I started episode 1, but I really admire the bravery.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, kalifire said:

Just finishing The Sixth Commandment. Timothy Spall is absolutely brilliant, but the (true) story itself is horrific.

Oh me too! One episode to go though. Worst/" best"  villain this year. Horrific is the right word.

Watching the bear season 2. FInished Never have I ever season 4, first more as a " let's finish this" but season 4 was really better than s2 and 3.

Next in the pipeline is the new season of The Afterparty.

I am wondering what the US TV offer will be in the next months... Time to dig further on offers from the rest of the world. Hopefully Pachinko season 2... And I hope they managed to finish For all mankind before the strike (if not it's fine, right to strike and all 🙂 )

On 7/23/2023 at 10:26 AM, kalifire said:

Just finishing The Sixth Commandment. Timothy Spall is absolutely brilliant, but the (true) story itself is horrific.

Listened to the writer the other day on Radio. Saying she left quite a bit out it was so sickening and didn't want to detract from the characters and story. Proper Grim

Very well done though