What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Oh me too! One episode to go though. Worst/" best"  villain this year. Horrific is the right word.

Watching the bear season 2. FInished Never have I ever season 4, first more as a " let's finish this" but season 4 was really better than s2 and 3.

Next in the pipeline is the new season of The Afterparty.

I am wondering what the US TV offer will be in the next months... Time to dig further on offers from the rest of the world. Hopefully Pachinko season 2... And I hope they managed to finish For all mankind before the strike (if not it's fine, right to strike and all 🙂 )

From a purely selfish perspective, the strike will give me chance to catch up a bit. Far too much TV out there

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

From a purely selfish perspective, the strike will give me chance to catch up a bit. Far too much TV out there

Yes but far too much good TV?

I am half tempted with trying something crazy like Yellowstone. Something I would have ignored because of my amazing * cough * taste but is actually enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, moogster said:

I am half tempted with trying something crazy like Yellowstone. Something I would have ignored because of my amazing * cough * taste but is actually enjoyable.

A friend keeps trying to get me to watch that. She absolutely loves it. She also has slightly questionable taste at times. We agree on a lot of stuff but REALLY disagree on some stuff.

13 hours ago, moogster said:

I'm approaching the season 3 finale of Yellowstone. I will say it's been enjoyable. Characterisation is always consistent, even if plotpoints and castmembers aren't. Good show to watch.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, moogster said:

Oh me too! One episode to go though. Worst/" best"  villain this year. Horrific is the right word.

Watching the bear season 2. FInished Never have I ever season 4, first more as a " let's finish this" but season 4 was really better than s2 and 3.

Next in the pipeline is the new season of The Afterparty.

I am wondering what the US TV offer will be in the next months... Time to dig further on offers from the rest of the world. Hopefully Pachinko season 2... And I hope they managed to finish For all mankind before the strike (if not it's fine, right to strike and all 🙂 )

They finished '...Mankind' a while ago, so it's just VFX and that left. But they might hold it back a bit to spread what they have across the calendar.

7 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

They finished '...Mankind' a while ago, so it's just VFX and that left. But they might hold it back a bit to spread what they have across the calendar.

Which reminds me... Severance? ....Ok not:  "once the writer's strike ends".

Edited by moogster

3 hours ago, moogster said:

Which reminds me... Severance? ....Ok not:  "once the writer's strike ends".

Series 2 was already marred during production when the creators fell out. It continued into the writer's strike, and is now presumably on hold. Loved series 1, but I'm already mentally letting it go. 

27 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Just started Netflix’s ‘Dark’. 

It’s… slow. A bit too slow really. Still in the Scandi Noir shadow. But the reviews are almost universally positive. I’ll stick with it. 

Definitely stick with it. It’s a delight once it gets into the swing of things.

On 7/26/2023 at 4:45 PM, kalifire said:

Just started Netflix’s ‘Dark’. 

It’s… slow. A bit too slow really. Still in the Scandi Noir shadow. But the reviews are almost universally positive. I’ll stick with it. 

I binged it over a day or two just now. Well worth sticking with. I don't want to give any spoilers but I was quite emotional at the end.

7 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Painkiller is well worth a watch just to see Matthew Broderick. His character is pure evil especially as its a true story.

Is it worth a watch even after seeing (and enjoying) Dopesick with Keaton on Disney Plus. Michael Stuhlbarg played the same guy as Broderick in that one.

On 7/28/2023 at 7:07 AM, steviewevie said:

Anyone watching Hijack?!

I've not watched that, but only recently watched boshed through all of Luther, followed by the Netflix follow up.  I found it all interesting and entertaining and they had a great cast and some suitably evil villains/murderers.

Some of the early episodes it's easy to get annoyed about mistakes one or other of the coppers makes with terrible consequences, although of course these days we've had a number vof real life stories about terrible things done by met coppers. 

On 8/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, steviewevie said:

Fisk on Netflix. Sophisticated Australian comedy.

Australian and not at all sophisticated, but often very very funny and easy to speed through... 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/apr/11/colin-from-accounts-review-at-last-a-female-character-thats-not-a-stereotype

Dark Winds was one I had to seek out. Only 6 episodes in season one, but watched them in two nights. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dark_winds/s01

Also watched the first couple of episodes of that Shelter on Prime, which seems far more unpredictabie and mental than I expected thus far.