What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Just seen Silo is starting on Apple next week. Based on the superb book series by Hugh Howey. Not sure I was aware it had been adapted but very excited about this one. The usual excellent cast you'd expect from this sort of show and I'm sure a ton of money has been thrown at it.

Also, Inside No 9 was a lot of fun last night. After, if I'm being honest, a slight dip last series, this was a brilliant start.

53 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Just seen Silo is starting on Apple next week. Based on the superb book series by Hugh Howey. Not sure I was aware it had been adapted but very excited about this one. The usual excellent cast you'd expect from this sort of show and I'm sure a ton of money has been thrown at it.

Also, Inside No 9 was a lot of fun last night. After, if I'm being honest, a slight dip last series, this was a brilliant start.

loved that book series, started my book reading love again and havent looked back, good cast as well

also looking forward to 'The Three body problem' series coming out, best sci fi i have ever read, will be very hard to do well

On 4/28/2023 at 1:54 PM, steviewevie said:

Been watching Colin From Accounts and The Diplomat.

So there.

Just did episode 2 of Colin from Accounts. Got a lot of empathy for the girl and what she does at the start of the episode, as I have done the exact same thing in the past.

I started MRs Davies, mostly because of Betty Gilpin. It's entertaining enough. I thought the last episode of Succession was slightly less good than the previous ones but on the other hand Yellowjackets finally stepped up this season. There's not much else interesting me I have to say so the strike and good weather coming may not be a bad thing. 

My slow rewatch of Veep yesterday once again amazed me yesterday, I had to double check the year this was made as one of the candidates was just... Trump if he was an ex Baseball coach. That was 2014. 

On 4/28/2023 at 8:39 AM, philipsteak said:

Iam really liking Silo, I dont want the episodes to end 👍

From is back on aswell and its shit but I cant stop watching haha think of Lost and youll get the idea (same producers apparently)

11 hours ago, gazzared said:

Iam really liking Silo, I dont want the episodes to end 👍

From is back on aswell and its shit but I cant stop watching haha think of Lost and youll get the idea (same producers apparently)

Not had chance to watch it yet, had a busy weekend. Looking forward to catching up

On 5/23/2023 at 11:16 PM, philipsteak said:

90 minute finale.

It's gonna be Greg isn't it. He's gonna pull a Bran Stark right at the end.

I can see him firing Tom, but not elevated to any meaningful position. It would be a cop out to the fans but unsupported narratively.

This show is pretty incredible in that there is literally no likeable character, yet elements of every character that are likeable. 

However it goes down, I think it’s one of those shows I’m lucky to get to see in my lifetime. A legitimate all time classic. 

Edited by kalifire

Operation "Avoid social media until I've watched the finale" starts now. Annoyingly I'm busy with work and other stuff so it may not be until tomorrow evening. 

Don't think I've been more confident that a big show is going to stick the landing. Absolute faith in them.

5 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Don’t think I've been more confident that a big show is going to stick the landing. Absolute faith in them.

I always get jitters leading up to a huge season finale like this that they might botch it somehow, but nope, they nailed this one. Equal parts ‘I predicted this would happen’ but also ‘…but I didn’t think it would happen like that’. Damn am I gonna miss this show.