How do you feel?

Matt42

I should have been picking up my hired motorhome right this very minute. Then driving down to pick up my mate, super-excited to be on the road to Glasto 2020. The weather forecast for the week only adding to our super-hyped-adrenaline levels. 
It was supposed to be a big celebration for all us celebrating our 50th year along with the festival. Big party organised on site, professional photographer to document it. Blaaaaaa!

Instead I'm glued to a pc dealing with spreadsheets for some miserable corporate tosser.

Need to get this week over with as I'm dwelling on Glastonbury dreams far too much and its feeling rather unhealthy.

Much love to all of you feeling the same way. Write this year off and lets have the biggest sesh at Gasto 2021! 🙌

6 minutes ago, Gilb said:

I should have been picking up my hired motorhome right this very minute. Then driving down to pick up my mate, super-excited to be on the road to Glasto 2020. The weather forecast for the week only adding to our super-hyped-adrenaline levels. 
It was supposed to be a big celebration for all us celebrating our 50th year along with the festival. Big party organised on site, professional photographer to document it. Blaaaaaa!

Instead I'm glued to a pc dealing with spreadsheets for some miserable corporate tosser.

Need to get this week over with as I'm dwelling on Glastonbury dreams far too much and its feeling rather unhealthy.

Much love to all of you feeling the same way. Write this year off and lets have the biggest sesh at Gasto 2021! 🙌

I'm with you on these bits (though I do like my clients!)- I'm dwelling on it all far too much considering a) I didn't have a ticket and no guarantees of resale success and b) it's not actually happening while I'm sat here at home.

I think the biggest thing is its making me think about all festivals and gigs and when they'll come back. Not knowing if it'll even be 2021 isn't helping. 

It’s been a real struggle the past week, me and the missus are doing a little glasto in the garden tomorrow but obviously not the same

but I know once it hits Monday the fact I won’t be near death will mean the countdown is back on and the excitement can begin to rebuild instantly 

hope everyone is doing okay, much love to all, 2021 is gonna be a bit of a belter 

Must admit I'm finding 6music a bit of a tough listen as so much hype about the BBC coverage. Was looking forward to getting stuck in and probably still a bit but as it gets closer it's putting me on a bit of a downer :(

I really doubt I'll manage to get tickets for next year now either so not really excited for that. I will try but suspect it will be April before I know.

4 hours ago, cheakypeak said:

Mood on the way down about next year due to talk of delaying 2021 A-level exams which will scupper our chances of going as youngest child will be affected.  Don't really feel we can leave him alone in the house revising whilst we go and enjoy ourselves!

Trying to stay neutral about it but....

Oh bloody hell.  Sorry to hear that!

I'm taking it that a postcard from the site for him, and a couple of drunken facetimes wouldn't cut it then?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Must admit I'm finding 6music a bit of a tough listen as so much hype about the BBC coverage. Was looking forward to getting stuck in and probably still a bit but as it gets closer it's putting me on a bit of a downer :(

I really doubt I'll manage to get tickets for next year now either so not really excited for that. I will try but suspect it will be April before I know.

I think April is about right - I'm in the same boat. That'll be 18 months since people committed to buying tickets - so many will have had big life changes (unfortunately some bad due to the virus like losing jobs etc, but just general ones like having kids, getting married etc), others will want to go abroad maybe if possible after missing out on that this year, plus the lineup they wanted might not materialise (even if similar to this year), And actually others will just realise they don't really fancy it. So I think it'll be the biggest resale yet. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Oh bloody hell.  Sorry to hear that!

I'm taking it that a postcard from the site for him, and a couple of drunken facetimes wouldn't cut it then?

I'm going to try and get him adopted by new parents by Christmas - think it's the only reasonable option.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yup, I switched off 6Music quite early this morning, suspect it'll be albums and playlists all the way for me this week.  I've made my peace with it not happening, but that's not helped by constant reminders of what we should be doing.

I’m happy to try for you in any/all the resales? I’m not trying for anyone so can give it my sole attention if you want? I’ve been successful twice before so I’m not a complete failure 😂

Am I remembering that you came off the spreadsheet? Come back? Every little helps!

Right now everything feels a bit surreal but I am elated that I am going home on Thursday!!!

It's not the trip to the south west I had dreamed of for this week, but it's almost as good 😊 might even go ahead with my plan to camp in the garden. Maybe the night it is meant to rain!

Edit: and yes, the rules don't technically change until next week.. but this is when I have the annual leave and I just can't stand it any longer.

Edited by WestCountryGirl

Should just be leaving buzzing with nerves but alas I'm not.

Feeling strange as glastonbury is always my retreat from life I take a break from family duties, work duties and self pressure this week and discover me and think about the bits I like and don't. So sad I'm not getting my rehab I call it but better to miss out and save a live somewhere

Sending big love to you all this weekend keep the faith  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I’m happy to try for you in any/all the resales? I’m not trying for anyone so can give it my sole attention if you want? I’ve been successful twice before so I’m not a complete failure 😂

Ah thank you! That's very kind. Might hold you to that :)

Feels a long way off til resale even though...

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Am I remembering that you came off the spreadsheet? Come back? Every little helps!

Thank you! We did because we'd been thinking of cutting our losses and doing Blue Dot instead. Such halcyon days! 

Will see how I feel nearer the time. We are coach anyway so that will likely be the first throw of the dice.

2 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Right now everything feels a bit surreal but I am elated that I am going home on Thursday!!!

It's not the trip to the south west I had dreamed of for this week, but it's almost as good 😊 might even go ahead with my plan to camp in the garden. Maybe the night it is meant to rain!

Edit: and yes, the rules don't technically change until next week.. but this is when I have the annual leave and I just can't stand it any longer.

Go for it. Nothing is going to change between now and the 4th realistically :)

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you! We did because we'd been thinking of cutting our losses and doing Blue Dot instead. Such halcyon days! 

Will see how I feel nearer the time. We are coach anyway so that will likely be the first throw of the dice.

I'm going to try for coach too, I wouldn't usually as I can have issues with work but it's another bite of the cherry. Fingers crossed for you. 

Like you, it feels a long way away...! And hard to stay positive but stick you head in the resale thread, we are attempting to keep each other going. 

Take care.

• Upvote 1

Should be in there now beside the pitched tents next to the chicken sheds with Haze in hand probably looking forward to an early shift the next morning then wandering round checking out the crew bars and ogling the queues up to Ped gate A and the coach park.

But, there you go.........fingers crossed for next year to be ok.

Tough, numbing the pain with cider.

The going in pics tear me up the most. Getting through the gates is both hell and the most exciting part of the year (maybe apart from the ticket sale day).

Hopefully I'll feel a bit better on Fri/Sat/Sun and get to watch some Glastonbury on TV which I haven't done for nearly 10 year.

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about next year but that is for another day.

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Wavertree isn't that bad! 😂 Enjoy your trip home, safe journey! 

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Go for it. Nothing is going to change between now and the 4th realistically :)

Thanks guys - we're going to take our own mugs and cutlery 😂

I have a few friends that will need resale help in October, but I think we've a big enough gang already to have them sorted. I'll be helping out here when resale time comes around (I can't promise anything - I've never successfully secured a Glasto ticket for myself). This place has been such a sanctuary in these crazy few months.