guypjfreak

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yeah.  It’s just nice in these times to come across something like this and yes, very placid and friendly. 

I agree, they are so lovely to see especially in an odd place like middle of a roundabout 😊 they really do make you smile! Thank you for another gorgeous photo!

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

I waved, did you see me 😃😃😃

I wave to everybody! Spent time on the Tor pointing out to quite a few folk Exactly where the festival site is .  So many were getting it wrong and that was annoying me!  
Got a Tor view from our hotel window. Lovely as the sun goes down And the evening mist forms 

C1936927-1C4E-44B6-A36B-C17209DBEA95.thumb.jpeg.f217d422d4f152c7cc19b1e45965a1cc.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

i had two first dates on saturday (which is a ridiculous challenge for the ol grey matter, i cant say its a very good idea at all to be honest with you) and the second of these was good, so we're now organising a second date. So thats my good news, which aint great but its all i got!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i had two first dates on saturday (which is a ridiculous challenge for the ol grey matter, i cant say its a very good idea at all to be honest with you) and the second of these was good, so we're now organising a second date. So thats my good news, which aint great but its all i got!

I went on a first date on Saturday! There won't be a second. 

But glad yours was more successful 😂

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Check you out having 2 dates in a day!!! :)

And WAHOOOOO to a second date with one of them!! 🥰

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had a good bit of news on Saturday. After living in this quintessential English quaint town for three years, I've finally found a local dope dealer. Not only that but his wares are the real deal, and generous in terms cost / volume ratio.

Well I am on the peroni in a hotel Close to Glastonbury and feeling sooooo good!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well I am on the peroni in a hotel Close to Glastonbury and feeling sooooo good!  

I have a feeling that you may have smoked the same thing as I've just smoked.

How on earth I forgot to mention this earlier, I'll never know. Except that that is wrong, because I do know. It's because I hadn't remembered it then. Anyway, I digress. Anyway, two very good things happened this weekend, not just the one ie. connecting with the dope man. The other thing is, if truth be known, much more 'cosmic' than meeting the dope man. The other thing was to hear a piece of music that, took me to another dimension - well, that and the military grade 2CB's. Anyway, the music that I refer to is on the bit below. 

Just before I go though, please allow me to take you back to last Saturday's dope deal. I was told about this bloke and given his number by someone I could trust. that is, someone I could trust to have the 'appropriate' connections to the real deals on a number of fronts. Anyway, I ask this bloke what 'dope man's' name is. His response was that his name was 'cock'. I reckon it was instinct that 'told' me that this wasn't a wind up ie. when I called this bloke, I was to say to him 'Hello cock. We have a mutual friend etc. Anyway, I was gagging for a smoke so going through that 'performance' was a walk in the park, as far as I was concerned. So, I rang him and said ''Hello cock. We have a mutual friend etc'. Anyway, this bloke's first words were something along the lines of 'That's right cock, we do share that friend, you're Ok etc'. He then proceeded how it was to be etc. However, in doing so, he (seemingly) had to continue to call me 'cock' every now and again. Talk about trapped. I say that because in order to continue the conversation, I too had to respond every now and again, by calling him 'cock' too. I mean, what on earth was he getting out of this 'verbal cock off'?

Anyway, without further adieu, to the music;

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How on earth I forgot to mention this earlier, I'll never know. Except that that is wrong, because I do know. It's because I hadn't remembered it then. Anyway, I digress. Anyway, two very good things happened this weekend, not just the one ie. connecting with the dope man. The other thing is, if truth be known, much more 'cosmic' than meeting the dope man. The other thing was to hear a piece of music that, took me to another dimension - well, that and the military grade 2CB's. Anyway, the music that I refer to is on the bit below. 

Just before I go though, please allow me to take you back to last Saturday's dope deal. I was told about this bloke and given his number by someone I could trust. that is, someone I could trust to have the 'appropriate' connections to the real deals on a number of fronts. Anyway, I ask this bloke what 'dope man's' name is. His response was that his name was 'cock'. I reckon it was instinct that 'told' me that this wasn't a wind up ie. when I called this bloke, I was to say to him 'Hello cock. We have a mutual friend etc. Anyway, I was gagging for a smoke so going through that 'performance' was a walk in the park, as far as I was concerned. So, I rang him and said ''Hello cock. We have a mutual friend etc'. Anyway, this bloke's first words were something along the lines of 'That's right cock, we do share that friend, you're Ok etc'. He then proceeded how it was to be etc. However, in doing so, he (seemingly) had to continue to call me 'cock' every now and again. Talk about trapped. I say that because in order to continue the conversation, I too had to respond every now and again, by calling him 'cock' too. I mean, what on earth was he getting out of this 'verbal cock off'?

That was a very be long read after having more than a few drinks And a heavy meal but I managed it !  God bless ya ! 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Where in the country did this happen? 
https://observer.com/1999/07/hello-old-cock-east-is-east-is-neither-barmy-nor-belkuf/

not sure how well this will show up .... but cant spot it on twitter yet 

16m · 

We are incredibly grateful to have been selected to receive funding from the Arts Council England’s Culture Recovery Fund. Some amazing projects will be born from this and we’re looking forward to sharing these with you all. 

We really hope that the arts sector continues to get the recognition & support it deserves over the coming months. #HereForCulture

Image may contain: text that says "Share f £257 million to support arts and culture Posted on 12 October 2020"

4 hours ago, blutarsky said:

The event took place in Shropshire. Now, that doesn't mean that this bloke is Shropshire born and bred. I couldn't pin that kind of thing down at the time, because you've really got to have your Thinking Head on when you're in a 'cock off'. It's not the sort of event where one wouldn't want one's own full attention. Personally, I like to think that I 'held my own' (if you'll excuse the double entendre) in my first ever, catapulted in to, 'cock off'. Yes, I think I came out well, considering I wasn't even given an Instructions Manual. The person who invented this game has a very warped view of what's fair, in my humble opinion. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

not sure how well this will show up .... but cant spot it on twitter yet 

16m · 

We are incredibly grateful to have been selected to receive funding from the Arts Council England’s Culture Recovery Fund. Some amazing projects will be born from this and we’re looking forward to sharing these with you all. 

We really hope that the arts sector continues to get the recognition & support it deserves over the coming months. #HereForCulture

Image may contain: text that says "Share f £257 million to support arts and culture Posted on 12 October 2020"

the full list of music beneficiaries is here:-
https://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/culture-recovery-fund--music-related-recipients-pt1
and here:-
https://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/culture-recovery-fund--music-related-recipients-pt2

It's great they've got this support, although at the same time - seeing the sizes of some of those awards for basically taking a year off* - I'm slightly uncomfortable with the idea that this is a bailout of bosses wages for the next six months while the much bigger number of freelancers are hung out to dry by the govt.

* I appreciate that there's also other business costs from lost festivals.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the full list of music beneficiaries is here:-
https://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/culture-recovery-fund--music-related-recipients-pt1
and here:-
https://www.recordoftheday.com/news-and-press/culture-recovery-fund--music-related-recipients-pt2

It's great they've got this support, although at the same time - seeing the sizes of some of those awards for basically taking a year off* - I'm slightly uncomfortable with the idea that this is a bailout of bosses wages for the next six months while the much bigger number of freelancers are hung out to dry by the govt.

* I appreciate that there's also other business costs from lost festivals.

I think the music venue trust said that as a result of the bailout, there are only 20 venues at risk 'in the red' down from the 1000 in March. So thats good news at least

Not sure if its the same as it is for music venues, but some of the grants are for the theatres to put on live performances as well. I know Earth are putting socially distanced shows on, so hopefully the grants will let some venues put shows on