guypjfreak

10 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Finished my final ever Friday at work, as I go to a 4 day week from 1st April. 3 day weekends for the rest of my working life - and I am properly pissed to celebrate! 🤪

Oh, that's just fabulous. To my minds eye that should be the work / life balance for everybody. I think it would make for a much happier world.

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, that's just fabulous. To my minds eye that should be the work / life balance for everybody. I think it would make for a much happier world.

Cheers Yog. I've been asking for it for 2 years but after my heart attack last year, the need became much greater.

1 minute ago, Punksnotdead said:

Cheers Yog. I've been asking for it for 2 years but after my heart attack last year, the need became much greater.

I seem to recall you mentioning a heart attack before. That's scary territory. It's also a warning. You've made the right move, I'd say. Not sure what it is you do, but I hope work doesn't try to make you do 5 days work in 4 days. All the best. 🙂

On 3/20/2021 at 10:22 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

£475K is the guide price, but it's actually going to auction. I have no idea of the market down there but still would be stunned if it went for £475K. To me the guide price is possibly just a lure. That certainly happens in the Birmingham auction market (which is the only one I am familiar with). 

As an aside, having met my wife I never thought I'd fall in love again. However, I have. With that house. I sooo want it. It is a thing of great beauty. 

FYI: It sold at auction for £807,000

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks for letting me know deebeedoobee. That's very thoughtful of you as I was interested in what the actual price would pan out at. Those guide prices at auction are a farce. Still, I'd say that someone with the other £193K to modernise it would easily end up with a £1.3M - £1.4M property on their hands (if not more). That's the usual MO, anyway.

PS - It has only just registered with me that your name on here reads 'doobee' at the end. Now, in times of old a doobee was, well, a doobee' kind of thing - he says, trying not to spell it out. Is 'your' doobee a reference to an actual 'doobee'? Maybe you can't answer that one because of certain local 'technical' difficulties. No worries if that's the case.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for letting me know deebeedoobee. That's very thoughtful of you as I was interested in what the actual price would pan out at. Those guide prices at auction are a farce. Still, I'd say that someone with the other £193K to modernise it would easily end up with a £1.3M - £1.4M property on their hands (if not more). That's the usual MO, anyway.

PS - It has only just registered with me that your name on here reads 'doobee' at the end. Now, in times of old a doobee was, well, a doobee' kind of thing - he says, trying not to spell it out. Is 'your' doobee a reference to an actual 'doobee'? Maybe you can't answer that one because of certain local 'technical' difficulties. No worries if that's the case.

Haha flash to bang! You’re right up there at the front Yog!

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Haha flash to bang! You’re right up there at the front Yog!

I'm not entirely sure what that means. However, whatever it is, the overwhelming feeling I have is that I should apologize, so now do so. I didn't mean to be so crap. I'm from Birmingham. I was weaned on being stupid. Sorry. Actually in the Brummie vernacular that should be a soz. So, soz deebeedoobee. Heart felt. 

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

In the early 70s I lived in Leeds and spent most of my life stoned. We were very excited when an American group we had never heard of were due to appear at Leeds Uni. Importantly they were called The Doobie Brothers and as you suggested doobie was a slang term for a joint. We assumed, with no supporting evidence, that any group who named themselves in honour of the marijuana cigarette must be good - it's obvious isn't it - and so we bought tickets.

Unfortunately after about 15/20 minutes we came to the conclusion that they were actually shite and we slunk off to a nearby pub, lesson learnt - do your research.

It turns out that some members of the band hadn't even realised that their name was a drug reference!!!

I’ve finally decided to make an instagram dedicated to music related content where I’m going to be posting artist recommendations based on stuff I’ve been listening to and liking the sound of, festival content, reviews and live music stuff when we start getting that back. I’ve been wanting to do this or some sort of blog for a while but never got round to it. I’d appreciate it if anyone on here would follow me but just wanted to post on this thread as it’s great news I’ve finally got round to it! 

Link here if you want to follow: I'm on Instagram as foolee__. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=lyies1d4flvr&utm_content=lmenmmn

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not entirely sure what that means. However, whatever it is, the overwhelming feeling I have is that I should apologize, so now do so. I didn't mean to be so crap. I'm from Birmingham. I was weaned on being stupid. Sorry. Actually in the Brummie vernacular that should be a soz. So, soz deebeedoobee. Heart felt. 

No need to apologise. My fault for using a quote I thought everyone knew. “Flash to bang” is a saying meaning “gosh you got that quick...not” sarcastic like. It was a jest. Soz

15 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Excellent value and cheap at the price especially since it includes guaranteed festival tickets and near the Crown for a Sunday lunch! 

Looks like I would have wasted my time bidding, I had planned to offer a hundred quid over the original asking price😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

6 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

In the early 70s I lived in Leeds and spent most of my life stoned. We were very excited when an American group we had never heard of were due to appear at Leeds Uni. Importantly they were called The Doobie Brothers and as you suggested doobie was a slang term for a joint. We assumed, with no supporting evidence, that any group who named themselves in honour of the marijuana cigarette must be good - it's obvious isn't it - and so we bought tickets.

Unfortunately after about 15/20 minutes we came to the conclusion that they were actually shite and we slunk off to a nearby pub, lesson learnt - do your research.

It turns out that some members of the band hadn't even realised that their name was a drug reference!!!

I've heard of the Doobie Brothers, but don't knowingly know of their work. It sounds to me that it should stay that way. Thanks for the tip off.

I used to visit Leeds an awful lot during a part of the 80's as a lot of my mates were at uni up there. Then, at a later date, I went out with a lady who went there studying for a year, so was up there a lot then too. I have very fond memories of Leeds, and of the savage drinking sessions up there. I seem to recall going to see a midnight showing of Caligula in a very quaint old fashioned cinema there. I had no idea what the film was about etc as I was just going there with drink in hand as kind of directed by others around me. I was shocked. Mind you, I was weaned on prudishness / Roman Catholicism. Both a load of bollocks now, as far as I'm concerned.

i guess that you'll have done the Otley Run on many an occasion. only did the full run once, but it was fun.

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've heard of the Doobie Brothers, but don't knowingly know of their work. It sounds to me that it should stay that way. Thanks for the tip off.

I used to visit Leeds an awful lot during a part of the 80's as a lot of my mates were at uni up there. Then, at a later date, I went out with a lady who went there studying for a year, so was up there a lot then too. I have very fond memories of Leeds, and of the savage drinking sessions up there. I seem to recall going to see a midnight showing of Caligula in a very quaint old fashioned cinema there. I had no idea what the film was about etc as I was just going there with drink in hand as kind of directed by others around me. I was shocked. Mind you, I was weaned on prudishness / Roman Catholicism. Both a load of bollocks now, as far as I'm concerned.

i guess that you'll have done the Otley Run on many an occasion. only did the full run once, but it was fun.

I suspect that the cinema may have been the Hyde Park Picture House which is indeed quaint and old fashioned and I believe is still lit by gas. 

I've no idea where you got the notion that I might have partaken in the Otley Run. I visited Otley many times but only a a leisurely strolling pace. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Appropriately timed prudishness (father of two girls) and a bit of Doobie Brothers never hurt anyone...