guypjfreak

13 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

What have people been doing today? The first day of stage one of the roadmap! Sorry Wales and Scotland Ive lost track which stage you are at?? 

I played football in the sun this afternoon - kerazee! Also spoke to a friend who swam in the serpentine at the crack of dawn. You?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

What have people been doing today? The first day of stage one of the roadmap! Sorry Wales and Scotland Ive lost track which stage you are at?? 

Had a meeting with my boss about how reopening might work and then went for a walk in the drizzle. Yay. 

Got chainsaw going attacked next-doors trellis.. Fuck em.. Put a nice new one up so we're not in a jungle.. Fuckers 

In so much pain now the wife said bed and morphine.... I'll last and hour tho bless her 

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

I drove to Birmingham using the most countryside possible route I know. It was pleasant driving after 9am when any rush hour traffic had long gone. The sunshine helped that enormously. However, I've been in most of the day, as I'm looking after my mom (who has dementia) for a few days. I don't mind looking after my mom (as in at all) but it does restrict me to the inside of the house mostly, up until 10pm. I say that because you need to have eyes in the back of your head with my mom. She already fell down the stairs once last year when my dad was looking after her (he died just before Xmas). In fact my mom fell down the stairs, my dad fell in the garden and my wife's mom fell in her lounge - all around the same time. There was one weekend last October (I think it was October anyway - my own memory is failing me!) when all three parents ended up being admitted to hospital. That's just the Chaos Theory gone mad, that is.

2 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick blimey thts alot of looking after people!! I hope their is someone around to make sure your okay!! Dont forget to grab some sit down in the sun and drink tea moments!!

Hello funkychic2007,

I don't mind spending that time looking after my mom. Last week was the first time that I'd seen my mom since my dad's funeral on 29th December last year just gone. Unfortunately it was necessary because of the covid rules / vaccination jab timings etc. I'd love to go out in the sun in the garden but can't unless my mom comes out with me which she never wants to do, as she likes being in the lounge all the time. If i went out in the garden for anything other than a ciggie (or smoke, smoke) then she'd be 'up and off'. She'd make a B line for those stairs and try to climb them, and potentially fall. So, I insist (as do my brothers) that she is followed upstairs and in front of going downstairs, by one of us, so that we can catch her if she fell again on the stairs. Then if I go upstairs to the loo I have to be quick sharp about it as she's then downstairs alone in the lounge. She knows and I know that this is her ideal time for boiling a full kettle of water. She's very frail and couldn't lift the kettle up properly to fill her hot water bottle, which is her intention. The result of that going wrong (which it would) would be scalding of a very severe / potentially lethal magnitude.

Mind you, I should count my blessings, as she hasn't made a bid to get out of the front door yet. it'll happen. I've got to get used to a lot of things 'going to happen'. Tough to see your mom drift away slowly from you. To see that one time powerhouse broken like she is, is brutal, if I'm honest. However, I do get to say goodbye to her in a certain way. I guess that I have to settle for that. 

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello funkychic2007,

I don't mind spending that time looking after my mom. Last week was the first time that I'd seen my mom since my dad's funeral on 29th December last year just gone. Unfortunately it was necessary because of the covid rules / vaccination jab timings etc. I'd love to go out in the sun in the garden but can't unless my mom comes out with me which she never wants to do, as she likes being in the lounge all the time. If i went out in the garden for anything other than a ciggie (or smoke, smoke) then she'd be 'up and off'. She'd make a B line for those stairs and try to climb them, and potentially fall. So, I insist (as do my brothers) that she is followed upstairs and in front of going downstairs, by one of us, so that we can catch her if she fell again on the stairs. Then if I go upstairs to the loo I have to be quick sharp about it as she's then downstairs alone in the lounge. She knows and I know that this is her ideal time for boiling a full kettle of water. She's very frail and couldn't lift the kettle up properly to fill her hot water bottle, which is her intention. The result of that going wrong (which it would) would be scalding of a very severe / potentially lethal magnitude.

Mind you, I should count my blessings, as she hasn't made a bid to get out of the front door yet. it'll happen. I've got to get used to a lot of things 'going to happen'. Tough to see your mom drift away slowly from you. To see that one time powerhouse broken like she is, is brutal, if I'm honest. However, I do get to say goodbye to her in a certain way. I guess that I have to settle for that. 

That must be tough - and looking at someone you know so well and they're essentially a different person. I think I'd keep half-expecting them to 'snap out of it', purely due to the former familiarity.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

That must be tough - and looking at someone you know so well and they're essentially a different person. I think I'd keep half-expecting them to 'snap out of it', purely due to the former familiarity.

It's not great, but it's what I've got. As you are probably aware, my dad died suddenly just before Christmas. We had been in a kind of Mexican stand off with each other, and never sorted out our differences. Knowing there was the opportunity to do so before his death and not having done so, is probably a tougher nut to crack. However, I know that he was as guilty as me on that front, so I'm not overly beating myself up about it. It's just a big shame that we didn't is all.

Anyway, I'm as happy as fuck today. Must be the sunshine. Even cleaning and rodding the drains at my mom's house earlier hasn't dented my sunny disposition, despite it being a slightly disturbing task. I'd noticed that her kitchen drain was blocked and happened to have two different sets of professional drainage rods in my car. I've got lots of things of an unusual nature in the back of my car. 

Hope everybody else on here is as happy today.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's not great, but it's what I've got. As you are probably aware, my dad died suddenly just before Christmas. We had been in a kind of Mexican stand off with each other, and never sorted out our differences. Knowing there was the opportunity to do so before his death and not having done so, is probably a tougher nut to crack. However, I know that he was as guilty as me on that front, so I'm not overly beating myself up about it. It's just a big shame that we didn't is all.

Anyway, I'm as happy as fuck today. Must be the sunshine. Even cleaning and rodding the drains at my mom's house earlier hasn't dented my sunny disposition, despite it being a slightly disturbing task. I'd noticed that her kitchen drain was blocked and happened to have two different sets of professional drainage rods in my car. I've got lots of things of an unusual nature in the back of my car. 

Hope everybody else on here is as happy today.

Yes thanks quite happy here. Just wandered across a golf course, found twenty five golf balls, pity I don’t play golf, and climbed a hill. Yesterday’s shit awful weather has gone thankfully. 

97D21666-7994-400F-AD50-578F7F5A9DEF.thumb.jpeg.e488ec51fb084156567804d42af9b82d.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes thanks quite happy here. Just wandered across a golf course, found twenty five golf balls, pity I don’t play golf, and climbed a hill. Yesterday’s shit awful weather has gone thankfully. 

97D21666-7994-400F-AD50-578F7F5A9DEF.thumb.jpeg.e488ec51fb084156567804d42af9b82d.jpeg

Yet again, another beautiful view.

What did you do with the golf balls? I'd have been tempted to leave them on one of the greens, spelling something out. I'd probably go for the words 'Help Me', but that could, potentially, leave somebody actually thinking that somebody else actually needed some type of help, so maybe not.

22 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yet again, another beautiful view.

What did you do with the golf balls? I'd have been tempted to leave them on one of the greens, spelling something out. I'd probably go for the words 'Help Me', but that could, potentially, leave somebody actually thinking that somebody else actually needed some type of help, so maybe not.

They are being used instead for the next glastonbury headliner reveal 

And the good news from here is pubs were due to open on 12th April and today thats been bougt forward to Good Friday - table service only, but no time limits. Plus time limits removed on restaurant bookings - its so far so good - slowly slowly here 🙂 , but slightly giddy that over Easter can actually go to a pub and sit and have a drink (if theres any room at any pubs lol) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

And the good news from here is pubs were due to open on 12th April and today thats been bougt forward to Good Friday - table service only, but no time limits. Plus time limits removed on restaurant bookings - its so far so good - slowly slowly here 🙂 , but slightly giddy that over Easter can actually go to a pub and sit and have a drink (if theres any room at any pubs lol) 

fantastic news 🙂  great to see a slow path to normality resuming ... won't be so long now for us in the scheme of things 

58 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

The pub's never closed in my household 🥂🍻🎅

• Upvote 1