guypjfreak

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

If you have a spare £475,000 and want a 7 bed house in the free ticket area there is this. Probably best called a doer- upper. But it does have an indoor pool and 5 acres. Situated at the top of the hill before you drop down into Pilton 

Party house anyone?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/East-Compton.html

£475K is the guide price, but it's actually going to auction. I have no idea of the market down there but still would be stunned if it went for £475K. To me the guide price is possibly just a lure. That certainly happens in the Birmingham auction market (which is the only one I am familiar with). 

As an aside, having met my wife I never thought I'd fall in love again. However, I have. With that house. I sooo want it. It is a thing of great beauty. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Help! Emu on the loose!! Yep that emu I showed you last weekend has just escaped and is on the loose around Pilton. Hopefully she'll not be someone's Sunday lunch.

If only Rod Hull hadn't have fallen off the roof of his house, he could have sorted the situation out. A good fisting is what those emu's deserve. They've been looking at me in a funny way for much too long now.

PS - Too crude?

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

£475K is the guide price, but it's actually going to auction. I have no idea of the market down there but still would be stunned if it went for £475K. To me the guide price is possibly just a lure. That certainly happens in the Birmingham auction market (which is the only one I am familiar with). 

As an aside, having met my wife I never thought I'd fall in love again. However, I have. With that house. I sooo want it. It is a thing of great beauty. 

The house is grade 2 listed so, knowing Mendip planning, as we do, you wouldn’t be able to take a shit without prior notification.

21 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

The house is grade 2 listed so, knowing Mendip planning, as we do, you wouldn’t be able to take a shit without prior notification.

So a cooperative ownership commune of hundreds of e festers that could attract local opposition might be out of the question then? 

(With free range emus)

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I own and live in a grade 2 listed building (built in 1580). The person who owned it before me obviously didn't consult the 'proper' authorities about everything that they did here. It's actually one third of the original manor house for the town / area. I was told by my now ex neighbour (a local building contractor) to just do what I wanted and not inform the 'authorities' and then they'd never know. On reflection, I think that was more of a self preservation bit of advice because of all the things he'd done to his house (also one third of the grade 2 listed property) which wouldn't be allowed ie. he didn't want them snooping around. So, one can get 'around' these things. Grade I listed however, is mentally tight in terms of scope for manoeuvre. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I own and live in a grade 2 listed building (built in 1580). The person who owned it before me obviously didn't consult the 'proper' authorities about everything that they did here. It's actually one third of the original manor house for the town / area. I was told by my now ex neighbour (a local building contractor) to just do what I wanted and not inform the 'authorities' and then they'd never know. On reflection, I think that was more of a self preservation bit of advice because of all the things he'd done to his house (also one third of the grade 2 listed property) which wouldn't be allowed ie. he didn't want them snooping around. So, one can get 'around' these things. Grade I listed however, is mentally tight in terms of scope for manoeuvre. 

I own a house, not listed, but my plan is to retire soon then sell up and buy a property in St James, Barbados, near here.....

Edited by bamber

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I currently live in a grade 2 listed building which is also in a conservation area. Nobody does anything unnoticed in these parts. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Forwards, isn't it? 

Oh god, I regard myself as being just about intelligent - but one thing that defeats me every time is clocks going forward or back. Anyway, it's going to get lighter in the evenings (... I think!).

On the census be a raver.. Can't be ask to stop practicing religious duties can you lol

Just got back from doing my dad's 

He's an 83 year old human raver lol

Edited by guypjfreak

Went to Homegrown this weekend just gone. It's an annual one day festival with local acts only (hence the name). It wasn't too hot and there wasn't any wind (a rarity for Wellington).

Every single act we saw had a chat about being so lucky to be able to have concerts, and we really are! Here's a few photos to get you pumped for lockdown restrictions ending 🙂

We saw Zed, Goodshirt, Ladi6, Elemenop, and the tail end of Savage (which was pretty much 15 minutes of Hip Swing). We skipped the headliners and went to a friend's birthday because the headliners we wanted to see both couldn't get quarantine hotel spots (Shihad and Dragon).

Zed were a standout, they were great live and had amazing energy. Goodshirt were really disappointing, I initially bought tickets to see them but they played their three biggest hits early then got shitty at the people who came in later chanting for them to play Sophie. 

20210320_195215.jpg

20210320_171214.jpg

20210320_165047.jpg

20210320_182155.jpg

20210320_211052.jpg

Edited by Bryanrebe
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

The headliners we wanted to see both couldn't get quarantine hotel spots (Shihad and Dragon).

20210320_195215.jpg

20210320_171214.jpg

20210320_165047.jpg

20210320_182155.jpg

20210320_211052.jpg

Does this mean they were locked out of the country? (Currently considering taking a long/pedantic run-up to a 'Shihad certainly weren't Home Again' 'joke'.)