guypjfreak

9 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Are you looking for wedding venues? 😍 @Wellyboot

Stu's got it all under control, I dont need to worry about venues and details 😄 

9 hours ago, Quark said:

Loaded tofu dog with seitan doner 'meat'and all the trimmings, and a massive portion of vegan chicken poppers. They're bloody good as well! Also happens to be a great little gig venue there too.

https://www.hope.pub/

20210603_155429.jpg

20210603_160050.jpg

WOW! That looks incredible!! I'll definitely have to try there!! thank you!!

12 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I've been to The Hope & Ruin many times for drinks, their food there is immense, the Tofu Hotdogs are so good. I hadn't spotted you'd put the link to The Hope & Ruin in at first so was just about to mention them.

I hope you enjoyed them.

Aye they were top notch. Gonna try some loaded fries next time!

Only ever been there for gigs but follow them on Twitter so I've had an eye on trying the food for ages

Not sure this is quite in the remit of this thread, but it made me feel incredibly optimistic and warmed my cockles:

Just wandered on to a Newsround article about recycling and world environment day. Only kids are allowed to comment on those articles. Usually the bbc comment section is an absolute shit show and one of the most depressing corners of the Internet (there’s worse places, but it’s the fact there’s so much horribleness on our most mainstream news site that gets me).

The kids comment section though...what a bunch of little legends! So friendly and optimistic, they care about the planet and come across so passionate about recycling. Just made me feel like we’re not totally fucked 😀 so much love and hope in there. 

Edited by jparx
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Fully vaxxed 🥳🎉 let the parties commence*

*in 2-3 weeks when the antibodies are raring to go 😅

Great to hear, I've been double vaxxed today too! 🥳 I asked out of intrigue at the centre I went to in Norwich and they expect to do 1300 people today alone so it looks like things are ramping up nicely 🙂

Edited by Chapple12345

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

Great to hear, I've been double vaxxed today too! 🥳 I asked out of intrigue at the centre I went to in Norwich and they expect to do 1300 people today alone so it looks like things are ramping up nicely 🙂

Woop woop for the vaccines 😁

My partner also just getting their 2nd, on the 8 week cycle, I was 12 weeks.

Three cheers for the scientists & NHS woohooo💙 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Great news, buying and selling a house can be a really nerve wracking experience. 

yeah first time ive brought and sold ... .. coincidentally brought from a co worker so that should help and first time buyers my  end.... but I do know there is lots of potential for things to go wrong unfortunately ... fingers crossed time 🙂 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

yeah first time ive brought and sold ... .. coincidentally brought from a co worker so that should help and first time buyers my  end.... but I do know there is lots of potential for things to go wrong unfortunately ... fingers crossed time 🙂 

Yes, best of luck.  One advantage of the Scottish house buying/selling legal system is that gazumping is very rare and very hard to do. Once an offer is accepted you can be confident the property is yours. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just had an offer accepted on a house .... whoop whoop .... hopefully be in before Pilton Party 🙂 

Fantastic news!!! Glad you have found what you wanted!! Just got to choose the new puppy now to go with it!!! 
start collecting moving boxes from work!!! 

10 hours ago, jparx said:

Not sure this is quite in the remit of this thread, but it made me feel incredibly optimistic and warmed my cockles:

Just wandered on to a Newsround article about recycling and world environment day. Only kids are allowed to comment on those articles. Usually the bbc comment section is an absolute shit show and one of the most depressing corners of the Internet (there’s worse places, but it’s the fact there’s so much horribleness on our most mainstream news site that gets me).

The kids comment section though...what a bunch of little legends! So friendly and optimistic, they care about the planet and come across so passionate about recycling. Just made me feel like we’re not totally fucked 😀 so much love and hope in there. 

Kids are great. Adults are twats!

I remember Tony Benn at Glastonbury leftfield saying "the only job of the old is to encourage the young". Always stuck with me that!

On 6/5/2021 at 12:29 AM, Punksnotdead said:

Kids are great. Adults are twats!

I remember Tony Benn at Glastonbury leftfield saying "the only job of the old is to encourage the young". Always stuck with me that!

Better than what corban yakked about 

I cannot find an appropriate thread for this but I went to see former Beta Band front man Steve Mason tonight with my mates and I’m still so giddy at watching live music for the first time since February last year I had to share it somewhere. Dear god let’s have more of that in the next few months.

10 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I’m 40 and had my first jab (AstraZeneca) on 4th May, 2nd appointment currently scheduled for 20th July - 11 weeks. 

Worth trying to cancel & rebook for sooner? 

I have no patience, just did it 😂 Was able to rebook for dot on 8 weeks, 29th June - and at a much closer vaccination centre too. Result. 

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

I have no patience, just did it 😂 Was able to rebook for dot on 8 weeks, 29th June - and at a much closer vaccination centre too. Result. 

Sorry, I only just realised this was totally the wrong thread for my first question 🤦‍♂️ OTOH an earlier 2nd jab is good news!