guypjfreak

Hi everyone, this is a little off topic, but i was hoping yous could help? I am currently working on my dissertation - titled: The Environmental Impact of UK Music Festivals: A Comparison of the Attendees' Attitudes and Behaviour Towards Waste  Generated by the Attendee During Music Festivals The Environmental Impact of UK Music Festivals: A Comparison of the Attendees' Attitudes and Behaviour Towards Waste  Generated by the Attendee During Music Festivals 

If you have a spare 5 minutes to complete the survey id be ever so grateful, thank you

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSda7YKVuIfHP_H7SN4ibG-cA6vehvS23jRL4GVw7JuvmbpQLw/viewform?usp=sf_link 

Edited by Craig_91
adding link
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

The photos are almost like a film set!! Strange times!! 

It’s the road that runs alongside the Bootle docks. I think it’s built for more traffic. Years ago there were loads of car factories. There was lots of steel, related, things.
A scrap metal recycling plant is near there. I think it’s the one that supplies Glastonbury with, the steel that makes, their steel mugs. I’m not from Liverpool, or the north, myself.

2 hours ago, stt11 said:

Wasn’t sure what thread, lockdown walk, photos have moved to. So I’ll post mine here!!!

B1B01AF2-5A67-4F7E-A5F8-3966E8E3E7C5.jpeg

807A863C-DC22-4901-8833-75D139A12400.jpeg

B8294C41-EF1F-47B1-A4DB-20DF15886CC0.jpeg

Love the photos, evocative of the times we live in. Right thread to post them in, if you had put them in the Shit thread you would have been accused of photoshopping the crowds out.

30 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Love the photos, evocative of the times we live in. Right thread to post them in, if you had put them in the Shit thread you would have been accused of photoshopping the crowds out.

The road does, sometimes, get busy, nowadays. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real jam, though. It’s just commuters. These were taken early in the day.

I think in the old days it was chaos along there. I think crowds of workers would have arrived and left on foot, as well. 

On 2/21/2021 at 4:28 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I went snowboarding once. I also came very close to killing myself once. These two events occurred at the same time. On my first day of snowboarding a snow mist came down and I could barely see ahead of me. Then I could actually see that there was a choice of taking a left turn or a right turn. I had very little time to make the decision as I was hurtling in a downward direction. I chose left. I should have chosen right. I found out later that the left hand turn was one of those slopes for very experienced skiers and snowboarders. This was my first day ever snowboarding, and I have never skied in my life. I got lucky as I fell over and really hurt one of my shins. I saw a black and yellow pole in front of me, and used that to get up on my feet again. It was then that I noticed that there was a sheer drop behind that black and yellow pole. That was the direction of travel i was going had I not fallen beforehand. I could have been a contender for a Darwin Award. I'm not certain that that still isn't within me.

Unfamiliar Mountains and fog scare me more than most things. People do die up there every season. They paint those poles yellow and black for a reason. They do not help if you don't know where you are and can't see them because of the fog.

Edited by bamber

21 minutes ago, bamber said:

Unfamiliar Mountains and fog scare me more than most things. People do die up there every season. They paint those poles yellow and black for a reason. They do not help if you don't know where you are and can't see them because of the fog.

Yes, I was in Morzine in the French Alps on my first day snow boarding (I had done a little training on a dry slope in Birmingham beforehand). I kind of thought that my old skateboarding skills would see me through. They did eventually, but that was several days into the holiday. I was a little surprised to say the least at the number of snow buggies flying around picking up casualties. It was constant - every hour of every day. In fact, one of our group broke her leg on the very first day too. 

It was a very eventful holiday. On one evening going out to the bars we came across a very distasteful scene. It was of a bloke with a stun gun stunning another bloke who was with someone else. He stunned the one bloke and then started kicking him around. Then he went for the other bloke chasing him up the snow covered road. We legged it back to the chalet and called the police. Then the only person in our group (our local TV weather lady) who could speak any French got onto the phone to the police to report it. We later found out that there was a couple of blokes involved who had been hitting tourist spots throughout the valleys and robbing people. The other notable event for me was the afore mentioned tv weather lady sticking her tongue in my ear and kind of groping me while we all stood for a group photo in a bar. 

1 minute ago, Stave_1974 said:

I know I don't post much but I'm always on here...

My good news is - I've just had my 1st Vaccination, was given the Pfizer one.

Just thought I'd share it with you guys...!

This definitely belongs in the good news thread 🙂

1 hour ago, Stave_1974 said:

I know I don't post much but I'm always on here...

My good news is - I've just had my 1st Vaccination, was given the Pfizer one.

Just thought I'd share it with you guys...!

That's good news Stave_1974. 

I'm taking my wife for her jab at 3pm today. She's been brought forward owing to an existing medical condition.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:32 PM, Spider43 said:

I got a Alce Harfield print from Killers 2019. Don’t care what everyone’s opinion of them headlining is, I had one of my best nights ever and it all started by them playing songs that make people smile.

image.jpg

I dont know if you've seen but she's tweeted out about some new work ... it looks pretty amazing too 🙂 

Well vaccine 1 given to me today. Feel fine so far not even a sore arm. Had the Astra Zeneca vaccine. Also off work until Monday. Might even have a bevvy in the house tomorrow if I have no side effects.

Sister in law is a nurse and advised to dose up on paracetamol just in case. Working on the assumption if side effects will take place rather than be reactive with the paracetamol be proactive and no harm taking them for 24 hours.