When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

52 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes it is, it just seems you seem to be more against the reporting of bad behaviour than the actual bad behaviour itself. They wouldn’t be at risk of losing their business if they weren’t carrying out those actions.

During lockdown I spoke to the police about breach of lockdown laws and they said to me that people should report them; that it’s the right thing to do. 

Don't go to the police and to try to distinguish being legality and morality.

• Upvote 1

I think we all need to work together, if someone is doing something which could be detrimental to the health of someone else then we should educate them on the reasons doing such a thing could have negative implications. If that means reporting a small business for making their own rules then we should do that! If one business is seen not to be enforcing masks then other businesses may follow suit. We are all in this together and if we all make small changes to our lifestyle. Constant hand sanitising and mask wearing then We can all make a difference and hopefully reduce deaths and serious illness. I wouldn’t want the business to be closed down but I would like them to change their minds and the way to do this is education. If they still won’t change their mind then enforcement is the only way.

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

That's a matter of opinion.  Some "offences" could be seen as worse than others - if someone has a mass rave of 1000 people in their garden that's one thing, but if you saw your neighbour was driving for 10 minutes to walk their dog or going for an early walk at 6am when no one was around and another at 6pm would you report them?  

The cases I spoke to the police about (and I spoke about them here at the time) would be considered fairly small but I wasn’t going to be staying in my house whilst others weren’t right outside my flat so I reported them. That would be more on the smaller scale you have suggested which the police said was the right thing to do.

In the case of that shop if they actively encouraging others to go against the law then they should be reported as they could indirectly cause people to lose their lives. If you want to focus on the person reporting the breach instead of the breach itself then go ahead.

14 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I think we all need to work together, if someone is doing something which could be detrimental to the health of someone else then we should educate them on the reasons doing such a thing could have negative implications. If that means reporting a small business for making their own rules then we should do that! If one business is seen not to be enforcing masks then other businesses may follow suit. We are all in this together and if we all make small changes to our lifestyle. Constant hand sanitising and mask wearing then We can all make a difference and hopefully reduce deaths and serious illness. I wouldn’t want the business to be closed down but I would like them to change their minds and the way to do this is education. If they still won’t change their mind then enforcement is the only way.

I don't think anything you've said there is unreasonable, while I wouldn't report them myself I do agree that education is the way forward.  It was more the earlier comment about "reporting them so the business can be shut down" that I was uncomfortable with.

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The cases I spoke to the police about (and I spoke about them here at the time) would be considered fairly small but I wasn’t going to be staying in my house whilst others weren’t right outside my flat so I reported them. That would be more on the smaller scale you have suggested which the police said was the right thing to do.

Well they're going to say that because they're the police.  The same police who were following dog walkers around with drones and moving people along for sitting alone on park benches.  I find reporting people for these sorts of minor transgressions a bit petty myself but each to their own.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Crazy that grant schnapps still left for his holiday yesterday given he must have known they were introducing quarantine rules.

The cynic in me says this was on purpose now, as he will ensure he is strict with his quarantine to show it's not one rule for them and one rule for us scenario 

I also expect a u-turn on the Spanish Islands being included in the quarantine in next few days

8 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I don't think anything you've said there is unreasonable, while I wouldn't report them myself I do agree that education is the way forward.  It was more the earlier comment about "reporting them so the business can be shut down" that I was uncomfortable with.

Well they're going to say that because they're the police.  The same police who were following dog walkers around with drones and moving people along for sitting alone on park benches.  I find reporting people for these sorts of minor transgressions a bit petty myself but each to their own.

On police with drones, the police are the first to come to your house when you’ve been flying a drone and someone reports it, then you look through their Facebook page and there’s 10’s examples of them breaking the drone laws (which they have to comply with unless an emergency situation) sometimes the police arent the right people to be enforcing health laws! The health and safety executive is the correct agency

39 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

We are talking about measures relating to limiting the spread of COVID though which aren’t minor or petty in my view.

Edited by Ozanne

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

The cynic in me says this was on purpose now, as he will ensure he is strict with his quarantine to show it's not one rule for them and one rule for us scenario 

I also expect a u-turn on the Spanish Islands being included in the quarantine in next few days

God that is a good point. An attempt to win back trust after Cummings? Won't work, but does seem the kind of thing they would do...

Been on hols for the last eight days, what have I missed?

Can't believe I've watched every PMQs since Starmer and have been banging on about Russia for months - and I miss this week's PMQs as I was on a beach!

Edited by Homer

4 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

On police with drones, the police are the first to come to your house when you’ve been flying a drone and someone reports it, then you look through their Facebook page and there’s 10’s examples of them breaking the drone laws (which they have to comply with unless an emergency situation) sometimes the police arent the right people to be enforcing health laws! The health and safety executive is the correct agency

Re UAVs, the CAA has delegated most initial investigations re uav/sua misuse to police so what do you expect when a report is made?

'Unless in an emergency situation' - wrong - they can also be used in in training scenarios and with permission from appropriate authorities. 

Likewise re the HSE , the HSE normally delegate initial investigation of  such matters to police, especially in what you might deem more minor breaches of Health Regulations.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Didn’t they promise in their manifesto to not raise taxes?

Never trust a tory.

This is a new specific tax being propsed now though...not sure if they promised no more new taxes.

I think taxes are going to have to go up eventually anyway...pay for all this coronavirus stuff.

Social Care have very limited funding or no funding to do their jobs properly to keep adults and children safe and provide the care they need!! This is not a new issue and probably won’t be a solved issue! Covid has just bought it to the forefront of the public ears and eyes! 

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Also...if this oxford vaccine ends up being the winner of the global vaccine race...I reckon that could be not only a big boost to the UK economy, but also a big boost to support for Johnson's government.

So, let's hope it doesn't work.

lol what?

14 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Social Care have very limited funding or no funding to do their jobs properly to keep adults and children safe and provide the care they need!! This is not a new issue and probably won’t be a solved issue! Covid has just bought it to the forefront of the public ears and eyes! 

It's a massive issue that needs resolving though...and the only way is funding via taxes. May tried it with the "death tax" and that nearly lost her an election. People want proper social care, but they don't want to pay for it.

Edited by steviewevie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Never trust a tory.

This is a new specific tax being propsed now though...not sure if they promised no more new taxes.

I think taxes are going to have to go up eventually anyway...pay for all this coronavirus stuff.

This is from the Conservative 2019 manifesto:

F7E6719F-34C9-4BA6-8518-6E1DB84BCC74.jpeg

912F0DFA-1BE5-4BE3-8565-94B5E3CAC0A9.jpeg

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Also...if this oxford vaccine ends up being the winner of the global vaccine race...I reckon that could be not only a big boost to the UK economy, but also a big boost to support for Johnson's government.

So, let's hope it doesn't work.

Yes let’s hope the vaccine doesn’t work and that thousands more people lose their lives and we will have to live with this virus for an extra few years because the vaccine is unsuccessful.

I’d rather people support boris Johnson and this virus is over and done with than having to live with more people dying every day like we have to at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

designed and ordered some masks today ,,,, a mixture of the cure at Glastonbury , october drift , my own doodling and Liverpool Premier league winners 

What did you do with the doodle Glastonbury artwork with the hidden words!!! Tht was so clever! 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Re UAVs, the CAA has delegated most initial investigations re uav/sua misuse to police so what do you expect when a report is made?

'Unless in an emergency situation' - wrong - they can also be used in in training scenarios and with permission from appropriate authorities. 

Likewise re the HSE , the HSE normally delegate initial investigation of  such matters to police, especially in what you might deem more minor breaches of Health Regulations.

Your wrong buddy, I’m qualified to fly commercially, the police can only fly outside drone regulations in an emergency! For training they must inform people who would be impacted