When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Not so good if just jetted off to Spain :( 

Dang, that will upset my parents! They are supposed to be going next month but are very nervous!

i just don’t get why they aren’t testing everyone entering the country? Surely we could really minimise imported cases that way

7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Not so good if just jetted off to Spain :( 

This is exactly why I want to stay in Britain for the time being and have a holiday here, the situation is ever changing and I wouldn't want to risk a sudden change in policy like this

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

This is exactly why I want to stay in Britain for the time being and have a holiday here, the situation is ever changing and I wouldn't want to risk a sudden change in policy like this

The last time I went on holiday abroad was in 2014 to Barcelona (gorgeous fav place), now my holidays are the 2 festivals I do each year. So it doesn't bother me not being able to go abroad but I am missing my music (should have been at Bluedot this weekend :( )

I do travel abroad with work though, so get my abroad fix that way (not at moment though thank god)

10 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Dang, that will upset my parents! They are supposed to be going next month but are very nervous!

i just don’t get why they aren’t testing everyone entering the country? Surely we could really minimise imported cases that way

its the pointless, unenforceable quarantine though isn't it?

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Same, I usually live for my holidays and would love to book something but the worry about all the unknowns just isn't worth it. 

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

its the pointless, unenforceable quarantine though isn't it?

The most effective way would be swab test on arrival, quarantine for 14 days with further swab test on day 7, come on Boris sort it out

3 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

No Worcester 

Really?? be interesting if they get a police visit as not being too forceful with Joe public is one thing but if a shop is going against the law and encouraging law flouting I reckon they will be a bit more strict with them

Really?? be interesting if they get a police visit as not being too forceful with Joe public is one thing but if a shop is going against the law and encouraging law flouting I reckon they will be a bit more strict with them

Ye hopefully, my friend sent it to me said it was in Worcester so I’ll see if he can track the locTion and report it 

Fingers crossed they get reported to the police and get a visit. Might find they get themselves a few fines for breaking the law and actively encouraging against it.

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Fingers crossed they get reported to the police and get a visit. Might find they get themselves a few fines for breaking the law and actively encouraging against it.

I would say they definitely will if found out

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Worth reporting this to the authorities that they aren’t complying with guidelines so the business can be shut down.

Is this what we've come to, trying to get businesses shut down? Not saying I agree with them but you have the choice not to go in, I'd never try and get someone's business shut down I'd just go elsewhere . 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Is this what we've come to, trying to get businesses shut down? Not saying I agree with them but you have the choice not to go in, I'd never try and get someone's business shut down I'd just go elsewhere . 

It’s fine staff not wanting to wear masks, but not letting those wearing masks in?? That’s not on.

If they are actively going against government regulations no way should they be opening. If we want to follow the rules set by the government and wear masks in shops, I shouldn’t not be allowed in a store because I’m following the law.

I have no clue what the business is but if they have that sign on the door and aren’t letting people in with masks they shouldn’t be open. Full stop.

It's like we were talking about earlier, the 99% are complying and this will mitigate the risk massively.  Is it really worth trying to mop up the last remaining few by actively trying to get people to lose their businesses?  If people don't like it they will go elsewhere and the business will lose out anyway.  This reminds me of the start of lockdown when people were being encouraged to snitch on each other for driving more than 10 mins for a walk.  

It's like we were talking about earlier, the 99% are complying and this will mitigate the risk massively.  Is it really worth trying to mop up the last remaining few by actively trying to get people to lose their businesses?  If people don't like it they will go elsewhere and the business will lose out anyway.  This reminds me of the start of lockdown when people were being encouraged to snitch on each other for driving more than 10 mins for a walk.  

I have to say I wouldn't grass them up myself, however this is how these things start - one shop doesn't follow rules, then another sees they are getting away with it, then people round the area starting think well if don't need to wear a mask here then let not elsewhere.... it's a slippery slop which can have bigger consequences despite being "only" one shop...

In reverse I think the government are hoping with more people complying to the rules then it will encourage others to do so as feels like the norm... it goes both ways and whilst I do see your point something like this can snowball very quickly to larger scale non-conformance 

5 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I have to say I wouldn't grass them up myself, however this is how these things start - one shop doesn't follow rules, then another sees they are getting away with it, then people round the area starting think well if don't need to wear a mask here then let not elsewhere.... it's a slippery slop which can have bigger consequences despite being "only" one shop...

In reverse I think the government are hoping with more people complying to the rules then it will encourage others to do so as feels like the norm... it goes both ways and whilst I do see your point something like this can snowball very quickly to larger scale non-conformance 

I see your point too, but this is clearly a small independent shop, whilever the big chains are complying then I think most others will too.  I just think its wrong to deliberately set out to get someone's livelihood shut down when they could have a parter, kids etc who are totally blameless in this situation who would then be affected.  It wasn't even said to report them so they could be educated or given a chance to comply, it was just to get them shut down and that's that.  This doesn't sit right with me. 

Edited by Cream Soda

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

I see your point too, but this is clearly a small independent shop, whilever the big chains are complying then I think most others will too.  I just think its wrong to deliberately set out to get someone's livelihood shut down when they could have a parter, kids etc who are totally blameless in this situation who would then be affected.  It wasn't even said to report them so they could be educated or given a chance to comply, it was just to get them shut down and that's that.  This doesn't sit right with me. 

Tbh they've set themselves up to be closed with that sign, so I wouldn't worry too much about it as their actions are their responsibility and they have to deal with any subsequent consequences just like the rest of us :( 

or they could be putting the lives of the employees at risk ? would this be somewhere you would like to work ? its that lives verses livelihood debate .... if I worked there id be in bits !!