When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

What did you do with the doodle Glastonbury artwork with the hidden words!!! Tht was so clever! 

nothing at present ... but you have reminded me that I really need to sort that out ... now im out and about I can get some copies printed ... I tried taking a photo of them and getting some copies done from that but it didnt come out as I hoped ... cheers for the nudge :) 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Not content with the 20+ years I've already paid tax and the rest I'll be paying until 68 this news is not ideal, as I already struggle on my salary as it is :( 

47 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Didn’t they promise in their manifesto to not raise taxes?

yep and to triple lock pensions, but bet that will go out the window too due to unprecedented times cause by Covid, everything will be under the guise of covid :rolleyes:

As an accountant and chartered tax advisor I can’t see taxes being Increased significantly as all recent tax policy has been cut cut cut. The conservatives think that reducing tax rates increases tax revenue in the long term! Corporation tax is at 19% the lowest in Europe, the conservatives want this to reduce down to 15% to companies to relocate here! I just can’t see them increasing taxes when all they need to do is sell bonds to make money and divert the cost away for 10 or 20 years

1 minute ago, Sdsm123 said:

As an accountant and chartered tax advisor I can’t see taxes being Increased significantly as all recent tax policy has been cut cut cut. The conservatives think that reducing tax rates increases tax revenue in the long term! Corporation tax is at 19% the lowest in Europe, the conservatives want this to reduce down to 15% to companies to relocate here! I just can’t see them increasing taxes when all they need to do is sell bonds to make money and divert the cost away for 10 or 20 years

I hope there is not too much extra tax... as everything is gonna get more expensive if no deal Brexit happens as well :( 

19 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Your wrong buddy, I’m qualified to fly commercially, the police can only fly outside drone regulations in an emergency! For training they must inform people who would be impacted

Is that not what I wrote? ( "they can also be used in in training scenarios and with permission from appropriate authorities. ")

It's also permitted for pressing operational reasons, including covert authorised surveillance and surveying for threat mitigation programmes as opposed to emergencies.  None of which are publicised to commercial drivers.

I was involved with their introduction (coordinated by OSCT) over 13 years ago using Aeryon Scouts and then Skyrangers at £40k a pop.

Never actually got hands on with one though or got to go to Canada for training. I just know I would have lost one. 

57 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This is from the Conservative 2019 manifesto:

F7E6719F-34C9-4BA6-8518-6E1DB84BCC74.jpeg

912F0DFA-1BE5-4BE3-8565-94B5E3CAC0A9.jpeg

To be absolutely fair to them, they said "want", not "will" and nobody expected COVID. I give them permission to raise some taxes! Although, obviously increasing the top rate of income tax would be better.

Edit: and our wacky corporation tax too.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

34 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Can you tell that to the European Commission! They’ve been complaining about our 12.5% corporation tax rate here in Ireland for ages! 😜

4 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Can you tell that to the European Commission! They’ve been complaining about our 12.5% corporation tax rate here in Ireland for ages! 😜

9% in Hungary. 

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

To be fair, headline corporate tax rates are a smokescreen...if they actually paid the headline rates it would be a start! 

Very true. Depends what they declare and allocate to each fiscal jurisdiction as well.

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be absolutely fair to them, they said "want", not "will" and nobody expected COVID. I give them permission to raise some taxes! Although, obviously increasing the top rate of income tax would be better.

Edit: and our wacky corporation tax too.

If they have to have to go into that minute a detail then they’ve already the lost the argument for the people they need the most. The over 40s generally vote Tory more and as such they’ll be suffering a broken manifesto promise.