When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Even if it was approved by then, its not going to be available to the public right away. But he will twist it into saying he did it all himself. All his hard work on the golf course, calling it a hoax, defeating china etc got a vaccine. 

i dont think its going to be enough because even in 3 months the unemployment rate is gonna be terrible and a lot of people will be out of a place to live. And if a lot of children die from going back to school. Are parents going to be that forgiving? I doubt it.

Hopefully. He really has shown his true self during this pandemic...zero empathy, all about him. He is such a horrible twat I really don't know how anyone could possibly vote for him, but complacancy with the way the polls are going could end up helping him.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

slowly increasing...

Coronavirus cases

I think slowly is the key word here, if there was a huge increase every day then we should be properly worried but as it stands it still seems to be going at a slower rate than it did at the original peak 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

slowly increasing...

Coronavirus cases

If you look purely at positive cases then these have actually fallen (very slightly) over the past 4 days (today was 685 so down almost 10% on yesterday).  If however you take ratio of positiive cases/tests, as below, into account then the overall trend is slightly upwards over last 3 days.....all to play for at present.

Screenshot_20200727-181702_Sheets.jpg

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

My company announced (internally) that we wouldn't be going back to the office til 2021 at the earliest. Obviously a lot smaller than Google but tbh I imagine a significant number of employers will do the same. 

City centres will change forever if so. 

Very impressed when I went into my local Tesco superstore to do a weeks shop, not one person wasn’t wearing a mask and most staff were wearing them! However, given the graphic below do you think the superstores should be policing mask wearing or should the public be trusted?

opinions?

9A62D37B-1136-4CB4-BFA9-5F7B0850A076.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

Very impressed when I went into my local Tesco superstore to do a weeks shop, not one person wasn’t wearing a mask and most staff were wearing them! However, given the graphic below do you think the superstores should be policing mask wearing or should the public be trusted?

opinions?

9A62D37B-1136-4CB4-BFA9-5F7B0850A076.jpeg

Shops cannot enforce that that is not required. There are exemptions to wearing a mask for various medical reasons and NO mechanism for proving that an individual is exempt. If they refuse to serve someone with a genuine medical problem they could be in breach of the disability discrimination legislation. People need to get on with their own business instead of trying to find people who don't have a mask so they can criticise them or think "they can't be trusted" and need even more rules and enforcement. I was in Asda earlier and saw a guy without a mask and had to mentally check myself as I thought "I bet he doesn't have anything wrong with him" it's far too easy to get into a pack mentality and single out someone who isn't "conforming".

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

Shops cannot enforce that that is not required. There are exemptions to wearing a mask for various medical reasons and NO mechanism for proving that an individual is exempt. If they refuse to serve someone with a genuine medical problem they could be in breach of the disability discrimination legislation. People need to get on with their own business instead of trying to find people who don't have a mask so they can criticise them or think "they can't be trusted" and need even more rules and enforcement. I was in Asda earlier and saw a guy without a mask and had to mentally check myself as I thought "I bet he doesn't have anything wrong with him" it's far too easy to get into a pack mentality and single out someone who isn't "conforming".

I get your point mate, but surely a customer can just tell the gate keeper I’m exempt as a courtesy!

I really think supermarkets and shops should have a security/staff member outside the shop politely asking those who don't have a mask on to put one on when entering the store. If asked politely, it's not offensive to those with a disability, and gives those with a disability the opportunity to let the staff member know that they can't wear a mask due to a valid reason. Those who do not have a valid reason should be denied entry and then police can be called if the situation escalates and the customer starts to get aggressive. If the security member is ensuring all those able to wear a mask are wearing one, then the in-store staff can assume that everyone not wearing a mask inside has a disability and therefore doesn't need to wear one. That way, more rule breakers could be stopped and should hopefully increase percentages of people wearing them in stores.

If no one is going to enforce it, it relies on this whole common sense thing again, and then those who just don't give a damn can get away with whatever they want. It's not always easy to identify a hidden disability, but when you know there are selfish people out there who are ignorant and aren't wearing one simply because they don't want to, I unfortunately always get a negative impression of anyone not wearing one when in a store. If those with disabilities went round with lanyards saying they are exempt or something in the supermarket that would also reassure me. 

I was at Chessington world of adventures the other day and the main gift shop had a staff member policing mask policy, and every ride which needed masks had a staff member policing it too, and there was plenty of signage making people aware masks were mandatory. On the tomb blaster ride, because it's inside, for the entire duration inside the building you must wear a face mask. Two people in the queue in front of me were not wearing masks when they got to the entry to the indoor bit and the lady kicked them out of the line. I'm surprised a theme park setting can enforce mask wearing so strictly and a supermarket can't. There were also lots of announcements at Chessington saying masks need to cover the nose and the mouth when they are required etc.

Edited by FestivalJamie
  • Downvote 1

I was watching this video on YouTube today, as I had nothing better to do. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdwrJT_D7nw

Some things I noticed:

1. Barely any Waitrose staff in this video are wearing masks, which really surprises me. When I was in Tesco in London 100% of staff members were wearing masks. With Waitrose being a more upmarket store, I would have thought more staff members would be wearing PPE, but apparently not.

2. There are a few people here and there throughout the video without masks on, this includes a man and a woman at 1:21, perhaps they have a hidden disability.

What stood out to me the most though is at 8:20, the two guys not wearing masks, one of them carrying a skateboard. I hate to make assumptions but it looks like they are both friends, the chances of them both having a disability which means they can't wear a mask is next to nothing, if one of them was wearing a mask and the other wasn't then I would believe more that the individual is exempt. I hate to make assumptions over people but in this scenario it looks like they are simply not wearing masks because they don't want to follow the law, maybe I am wrong, but from impressions from the video that seems to me the case, as they aren't bothering to keep social distance either further along in the video. This is exactly why I think we need a better system where we can establish who is exempt from mask wearing to avoid judgement of others if they have a genuine reason and to stop those who are just simply breaking the rules intentionally from getting away with it

3. Social distancing seems really non-existent in a supermarket setting now.

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I was watching this video on YouTube today, as I had nothing better to do. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdwrJT_D7nw

Some things I noticed:

1. Barely any Waitrose staff in this video are wearing masks, which really surprises me. When I was in Tesco in London 100% of staff members were wearing masks. With Waitrose being a more upmarket store, I would have thought more staff members would be wearing PPE, but apparently not.

2. There are a few people here and there throughout the video without masks on, this includes a man and a woman at 1:21, perhaps they have a hidden disability.

What stood out to me the most though is at 8:20, the two guys not wearing masks, one of them carrying a skateboard. I hate to make assumptions but it looks like they are both friends, the chances of them both having a disability which means they can't wear a mask is next to nothing, if one of them was wearing a mask and the other wasn't then I would believe more that the individual is exempt. I hate to make assumptions over people but in this scenario it looks like they are simply not wearing masks because they don't want to follow the law, maybe I am wrong, but from impressions from the video that seems to me the case, as they aren't bothering to keep social distance either further along in the video. This is exactly why I think we need a better system where we can establish who is exempt from mask wearing to avoid judgement of others if they have a genuine reason and to stop those who are just simply breaking the rules intentionally from getting away with it

3. Social distancing seems really non-existent in a supermarket setting now.

That video looks luxury to me ... so much space ... Should have taken a vid in mine today ... people on the door limiting numbers had been removed :( 

I just think for something so important like saving lives and preventing the spread of a dangerous disease then maybe we should have a back bone and challenge those not complying.. if that means challenging someone who is medically exempt then they can say sorry sir I’m exempt. If people know their going to be challenged then surely that will increase compliance!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

I just think for something so important like saving lives and preventing the spread of a dangerous disease then maybe we should have a back bone and challenge those not complying.. if that means challenging someone who is medically exempt then they can say sorry sir I’m exempt. If people know their going to be challenged then surely that will increase compliance!

can you come to my store and do some challenging please .... ask some of the colleagues too ... that would be great :) 

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

can you come to my store and do some challenging please .... ask some of the colleagues too ... that would be great :) 

Haha I left Asda in 2013 after working there for 3 years as checkout section leader vowed I would never work there again! Store manager was an asshole! Lee Williamson now works in Weston super mare store 

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

Haha I left Asda in 2013 after working there for 3 years as checkout section leader vowed I would never work there again! Store manager was an asshole! Lee Williamson now works in Weston super mare store 

I know him well !!!  no comment :)  I was a section leader in Taunton for about 8 years .... might have met u if you ever trained there  as it was /is the region training store .... 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I know him well !!!  no comment :)  I was a section leader in Taunton for about 8 years .... might have met u if you ever trained there  as it was /is the region training store .... 

No way small world! Our store was brand new and I guess he had a lot of pressure to get it right! I k ow he lived in Weston and commuted to Cheltenham daily! Which store do you work at? I trained at Swindon, our nearest store Gloucester was the worst store in the uk and no one trained there!

Every time I watch the news I despair even more. They’re showing people not wearing masks properly (nose out common one) or showing people constantly touching their masks. Why can’t they do a better job at editing this? Idiots at home are watching this and then replicating it! Also what’s the bloody thing of 2 people wearing masks and then choosing to speak together really close... move apart!! If you don’t need to be close and you have the space to do so, move away!