When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wasn’t Oldham one of the places of the illegal raves?

Edit - Yes it was. A month ago but surely had some impact?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-arrested-daisy-nook-rave-18458175.amp

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, Ozanne said:

It could be a factor in bringing cases to the town for slow growth?

It will have definitely had some impact.

Case increase is lower today which is good, but 119 deaths, I can’t comprehend why it’s still so high 😔 when will the deaths start falling like in other european countries.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It could be a factor in bringing cases to the town for slow growth?

Possibly ... but maybe Looking for something that doesn’t exist ... doesn’t seem to have happened elsewhere ... 

Just now, FestivalJamie said:

It will have definitely had some impact.

Case increase is lower today which is good, but 119 deaths, I can’t comprehend why it’s still so high 😔 when will the deaths start falling like in other european countries.

Not so sure ... it’s very delayed ... yep those numbers are still high but it’s a typical tue maybe some numbers are getting added from further back ? 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Possibly ... but maybe Looking for something that doesn’t exist ... doesn’t seem to have happened elsewhere ... 

Not so sure ... it’s very delayed ... yep those numbers are still high but it’s a typical tue maybe some numbers are getting added from further back ? 

It’s crazy though, every other european country reports less than 10 deaths consistently every day, and we reported less than 10 yesterday, but over 100 today. Our 7 day average for deaths is still about 60, and for every other european country (perhaps bar Sweden) it’s less than 10-15 deaths. 

If they are still reporting old deaths it shows how large the peak of the crisis in this country was compared to other countries in Europe. Our death toll is so much higher yet our population are more oblivious compared to say Italy, because in Italy there weren’t enough beds and people were dying on the floors in hospitals. Here we built the extra nightingale hospital and all other treatments for patients e.g cancer treatments were cancelled, which means these people who were due to go to hospital for cancer etc. Will now lose their lives sooner as they didn’t get the support through lockdown as everything here was turned to coronavirus, just so the media wouldn’t be able to show us getting “overwhelmed”.

Everything has a knock on effect, and in our country it still shows, still a high death count and there’s a massive backlog of patients who were due to be seen during the height of the outbreak.

In positive news, Spain’s increase is a bit lower today, so hopefully some of the new measures they have put in are working.

1 minute ago, FestivalJamie said:

Also supposedly new measures have been brought into Oldham to tackle a new outbreak, but all I heard on the radio is that people are being told to “keep 2m apart”. I thought we were supposed to all be doing that anyway?

They’ve also kept the extreme vulnerable locked down there I believe. ... but yes

agreed on other points ... no daily briefs so this all sneaks quietly under radar ... I mean its more than grenfell and it gets barely a mention :( 

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Also supposedly new measures have been brought into Oldham to tackle a new outbreak, but all I heard on the radio is that people are being told to “keep 2m apart”. I thought we were supposed to all be doing that anyway?

I think it's more to reiterate the measures needed, reduce contact with others etc... Manchester trying to be preventive and using communications like this to minimise the possibility of a Leicester style lock down

Most of the outer boroughs of Manchester have big ethnic communities and families living/working together so increases risk

There have been a few raves and gatherings since Daisy nook and massive car meet last weekend which caused chaos around Tameside which next to Oldham, folks are getting bored and couple that with increased movement due to work it's inevitable cases numbers are rising round here :( 

Edited by shoptildrop

I know some peeps who are going abroad to attend some parties and mass gatherings which are happening abroad. Some clubs are opening in other counties and letting big crowds back in.

This is also already happening in the US.

Either this good news that mass gatherings are coming back, or people are going to fuck it and push the can even further down the road.

Sweden doing things a bit differently again; we've been told today that there's no point wearing masks cause numbers are so low. 

Edit - source here https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-07-28/sweden-unveils-promising-covid-19-data-as-new-cases-plunge?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

12 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sweden doing things a bit differently again; we've been told today that there's no point wearing masks cause numbers are so low. 

Edit - source here https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-07-28/sweden-unveils-promising-covid-19-data-as-new-cases-plunge?__twitter_impression=true

Without stereotyping I get this sense from Sweden that even without masks they would think communally and social distance / think of others.

I just feel like Swedish culture has more trust in the individual than anywhere else. I hate when Americans use Sweden as a comparison point when Swedish people are nothing like Americans at all. It works in Sweden because they actually care for eachother.

23 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

In other news gang, TONIGHT IS LAST NIGHT FOR GLASTONBURY IPLAYER CONTENT! 

I'm not watching any more, I watched Killers last night and ended up going to bed with little tears streaming down my cheeks, not because they were dire, but because I miss it all … for my own happiness I am self avoiding iplayer Glastonbury  tonight :-)

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

I'm not watching any more, I watched Killers last night and ended up going to bed with little tears streaming down my cheeks, not because they were dire, but because I miss it all … for my own happiness I am self avoiding iplayer Glastonbury  tonight 🙂

No way! It’s amazing the emotions Glastonbury brings out! Just remember 11 more short months to go! We will be back x