When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Why indeed 🙂   What is more funny is you pretending you wasn't called out about it at the time 😄 

Just seems like a very odd accusation to make.....

I mentioned that a friend went to a Hen do, caught COVID and for some reason you've decided I'm 'making it up'.

Just now, Barry Fish said:

That and the details of the story didn't make any sense - then he questioned if the vaccines work - all following a few us posting success stories around the vaccines and the delta variant.  He then went away for a few days to lick his wounds.

I know your a massive cheerleader for this sort of stuff - and its clear anti vax support is rife in the land of Oz - but you really need to get over yourself 🙂 

Firstly I've had the vaccine, so I'm not an 'anti vaxxer' at all.

All I said was one of the people who caught/brought it to the hen do had been jabbed. There is enough anecdotal evindence to show that you can still catch it if you have been vaccinated - despite the fact those chances are pretty remote. 

Please give it a rest … we have a festival in less than a year and the sun is out … please go and enjoy it … I don’t get this constant need for winding people up ( I’ve not quoted anyone so work it out ) …. It’s a really great forum and would be an even greater one minus the bickering and jibing on this thread at times 19th is not so far away now … let’s hope for things to be back to normal and help and support each other through the shit that’s been covid 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Please give it a rest … we have a festival in less than a year and the sun is out … please go and enjoy it … I don’t get this constant need for winding people up ( I’ve not quoted anyone so work it out ) …. It’s a really great forum and would be an even greater one minus the bickering and jibing on this thread at times 19th is not so far away now … let’s hope for things to be back to normal and help and support each other through the shit that’s been covid 

Haha only for those with tickets 😂 and its not sunny up north 

37 minutes ago, kalifire said:

He’s claiming that you made up a story about a vaccinated person at a wedding infecting others with Covid. The reason it’s “made up” is because… he said it is.

How about that for logic 😂

First ive heard of this but it sounds fishy to me. How was it determined the person vaccinated is the one that spread it?? I'm calling bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

First ive heard of this but it sounds fishy to me. How was it determined the person vaccinated is the one that spread it?? I'm calling bullshit. 

What a coincidence that these far fetched stories just so happen to fit the narrative that Barry456 is pushing 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

What a coincidence that these far fetched stories just so happen to fit the narrative that Barry456 is pushing 

I don't know about any narratives but that story just screams nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for those that dont ... theres a resale team on a helpful part of the forum .... unfortunately I cant do anything about the weather ... hopefully that will change 

30 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It's raining here.

And I haven't got a ticket.

And Baz Fishhead is a twat.

As @crazyfool1 and others have said give the constant bickering and arguing a rest!! There are more important things in the world like life!!! 
life is hard enough without being insulted for a different view or opinion!! 
This forum is generally a great place to be supportive and positive!! 
Lots of us dont have tickets!! so what if its raining!! This weekend is about sharing the memories we have created and will create again!! 
Value each other if we have learnt one thing through this life doesnt stay the same forever it cud be gone tomorrow so make the most of it and each other! 

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

As @crazyfool1 and others have said give the constant bickering and arguing a rest!! There are more important things in the world like life!!! 
Lots of us dont have tickets!! so what if its raining!! This weekend is about sharing the memories we have created and will create again!! 
Value each other if we have learnt one thing through this life doesnt stay the same forever it cud be gone tomorrow so make the most of it and each other! 

People need to stop taking it so seriously, its just some light hearted piss taking or sarcastic banter. I dont think anyone is getting nasty (yet). 

That said, I would like to see it taken down a notch... when its constant it stops being funny. 

5 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Unfortunately I'm giving the Glastonbury stuff a miss this weekend. I just can't bring myself to do it! No confidence in anything for the future right now 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

People need to stop taking it so seriously, its just some light hearted piss taking or sarcastic banter. I dont think anyone is getting nasty (yet). 

That said, I would like to see it taken down a notch... when its constant it stops being funny. 

I think by the number of people having objections to matters within this thread it might have gone past the mark a little while back ... Its not so easy to work out what is banter  on here tbh .... and doesnt always come across as that when its words on a page without seeing the person on the other end 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Unfortunately I'm giving the Glastonbury stuff a miss this weekend. I just can't bring myself to do it! No confidence in anything for the future right now 

Ah come on, try not to let it get you down. Catching a few of the Glasto gigs will make you sad because you arent there initally but after a short while you will be excited to get back! 😄 We will be there next year! Have faith. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

It probs doesn’t help when the main culprit for the nonsense posts on this thread is also the guy with the most posts on the thread too. Think that might be the problem here...

Too be honest they recently tend to be followed by you telling us all about it 🙂 Just ignore him if he bugs you. 

I for one like to see all the posts, the poor trolling attempts, the anti mask stuff, the pro lockdown people, the anti lockdown... the hippies trying to spread love, the wind up merchants... 

Its all good, just dont take anything personally. Im confident everyone is a nice person in real life. 

4 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ah come on, try not to let it get you down. Catching a few of the Glasto gigs will make you sad because you arent there initally but after a short while you will be excited to get back! 😄 We will be there next year! Have faith. 

I get you but it's not just glastonbury- that's a whole year, maybe two for me, away. I spent last year watching live shows on YouTube every weekend being like "yeah next summer will be great". Currently looks like we're heading for another blank summer 

Not falling into that trap again! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think by the number of people having objections to matters within this thread it might have gone past the mark a little while back ... Its not so easy to work out what is banter  on here tbh .... and doesnt always come across as that when its words on a page without seeing the person on the other end 

You don't have to be outright offensive or abusive to be trolling. The worse offenders seem to just be on here to needle folk and provoke a reaction, it's infantile and adds no value.

Oh, and "it's just banter", "lighten up!", "don't take this so seriously"... Literally textbook excuses for online bullies and bigots the world over. 🙄 

I don't like using the ignore function but it's restored the thread to some kind of value for me. I'd highly recommend it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I get you but it's not just glastonbury- that's a whole year, maybe two for me, away. I spent last year watching live shows on YouTube every weekend being like "yeah next summer will be great". Currently looks like we're heading for another blank summer 

Not falling into that trap again! 

yeah I get you, its not the same but next year has to be different... come hell or high water things have to be back to normal next summer. 

I'm working a few festivals with Oxfam this summer which has helped keep my hopes up. Im positive some of them will happen.