When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

This link makes this thread so much easier to digest. Please use it instead of arguing. 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ignore

I wouldn't ignore anyone to be honest. I try to stay away from echo chambers.

I also like to think ive got enough life experience to not take everything everyone says literally. Some people can act childish or a bit of an arsehole... but so what? why would I let that have any effect on my life? Its an online forum with a lot of frustrated people. All of which I would bet are lovely people in real life. 

I actually think it's only creating an echo chamber if you're only exposing yourself to view you agree with. I don't mind reading opposing views. I use the ignore function to avoid the same few people constantly sniping and posturing at each other. Don't miss any content, just childish shite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Inserts banging head against a brick wall gif ....

"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - that old saying most definitely applies here. 😉

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I actually think it's only creating an echo chamber if you're only exposing yourself to view you agree with. I don't mind reading opposing views. I use the ignore function to avoid the same few people constantly sniping and posturing at each other. Don't miss any content, just childish shite.

Yeah, again accusing people ignoring them of creating an echo chamber is straight out of the troll 101 playbook. Like you rightly say, it's entirely possible to discuss different views without all this bullshit.

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Yeah, again accusing people ignoring them of creating an echo chamber is straight out of the troll 101 playbook. Like you rightly say, it's entirely possible to discuss different views without all this bullshit.

Agreed. And unfortunately I still see enough of the bickering via other people quoting it to know that I'm really not missing anything!

46 minutes ago, Havors said:

First ive heard of this but it sounds fishy to me. How was it determined the person vaccinated is the one that spread it?? I'm calling bullshit. 

I know of a similar outbreak (not a hen party mind you!). 27 in attendance, all fully vaccinated, 7 tested positive after it. Again, I think people will be shocked at how often vaccinated individuals will test positive if we check (only reason the 7 cases above were identified was because they were tested twice a week as a matter of routine). All of the above cases were either asymptomatic or had a headache at most (it was a party, they figured the headache was a long hangover!)…so, the vaccines work, but they really aren’t a forcefield! (This both disagrees and agrees with the ongoing argument here…yes, the scenario painted by Mr Baz is entirely possible, but also, yes, the vaccines do work and stop people from actually getting sick)…

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

We all know its possible.  The issue was more to do with the points he was trying to make and then he pulled that whooper out out of the blue to try and cement his points.  Its was a series of events / context thing which led to the calls of bullshit 🙂 

and the red flag of 'just asking questions' about vaccine efficacy which is bog standard with anti vaxxers.

Edited by zahidf

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I know of a similar outbreak (not a hen party mind you!). 27 in attendance, all fully vaccinated, 7 tested positive after it. Again, I think people will be shocked at how often vaccinated individuals will test positive if we check (only reason the 7 cases above were identified was because they were tested twice a week as a matter of routine). All of the above cases were either asymptomatic or had a headache at most (it was a party, they figured the headache was a long hangover!)…so, the vaccines work, but they really aren’t a forcefield! (This both disagrees and agrees with the ongoing argument here…yes, the scenario painted by Mr Baz is entirely possible, but also, yes, the vaccines do work and stop people from actually getting sick)…

I think you are misunderstanding me. 

The "story" was someone at the party was fully vaccinated but passed to a load of other  unvaccinated people. My question was who determined they were the spreader and not someone else at the party?? Because them being fully vaccinated makes it highly unlikely it was them being the spreader.

I don't think anyone is saying the vaccine is a forcefield or that they cant catch or infect someone.

Just now, st dan said:

I’m going to guess that Ibiza being added to the ‘green list’ is going to be very short lived indeed. 

Yep. Considering the Ibiza rave crew are the same cohort that has currently spreading the Delta variant. Give it a couple of weeks and Ibiza numbers will sky rocket! regardless of whether anyone is actually getting sick from it. 

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Agreed. And unfortunately I still see enough of the bickering via other people quoting it to know that I'm really not missing anything!

The title of the thread is applicable in a way in which it probably wasn't originally intended, ZMG!

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

The title of the thread is applicable in a way in which it probably wasn't originally intended, ZMG!

Damn, out of upvotes.

Hi Woffy! Glad to have you back 🙂 Although I admit to having been a very casual lurker myself over recent months.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

I think you are misunderstanding me. 

The "story" was someone at the party was fully vaccinated but passed to a load of other  unvaccinated people. My question was who determined they were the spreader and not someone else at the party?? Because them being fully vaccinated makes it highly unlikely it was them being the spreader.

I don't think anyone is saying the vaccine is a forcefield or that they cant catch or infect someone.

Howdy, agreed the index case is difficult to determine at times and also that vaccination reduces the likelihood that they were responsible, but I’m not sure we can say with any certainty yet by how much. Anyway, it’s not really worth arguing over. The vaccines do what we need them to do and do it excellently. That’ll do me!

Speaking of which, just had dose 2 of Pfizer 2 minutes ago! (How are you getting on @Barry Fish? You’re up today too right?)…

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Howdy, agreed the index case is difficult to determine at times and also that vaccination reduces the likelihood that they were responsible, but I’m not sure we can say with any certainty yet by how much. Anyway, it’s not really worth arguing over. The vaccines do what we need them to do and do it excellently. That’ll do me!

Speaking of which, just had dose 2 of Pfizer 2 minutes ago! (How are you getting on @Barry Fish? You’re up today too right?)…

Cant argue with that 🙂 

19 minutes ago, st dan said:

I’m going to guess that Ibiza being added to the ‘green list’ is going to be very short lived indeed. 

Would it not be more of a case of the Ibiza authorities restricting travel from the UK rather than vice versa? It would then be an incredibly tricky decision for them to make, balancing the loss of another season (having already lost this month if not May too) and the dreadful economic impact of that vs. a significant spike in COVID cases.

28 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Wasn't the test events all with social distancing, tests and masks ? 

Not sure what he hope to gain from the data...

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

With tests but not with social distancing or masks

Yep and I think the idea that events will be allowed without the testing is a huge amount of mis-selling from the government. There's no chance when the research programme goes on after 19th July - I've always assumed they'd only be allowed with testing but the longer it goes on the more it looks like they're waiting for as many to cancel as possible and only allowing events within the research programme 

And that's before insurance for festivals - everything could go back to normal on the 5th or 19th and it'd still make no difference to events for the rest of the summer as the government would retain the power to shut them down at a moment's notice, so no confidence and no insurance 

I think the legal action is important because if they don't sort it now in summer I fear for winter events - they'll be first to go anyway in any nhs or covid surge but some sort of legal backing to show they can operate under those conditions could go a long way to preserving it. The industry is in a fight for its very life at the moment - people seem to assume it'll all just go back to normal but the evidence is not pointing that way at all 

Edited by efcfanwirral