When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

At least Boris hasn't called the army in eh?

He has at the test centres and half the time they don’t turn up !! Mind u neither have serco yet ... they are probably waiting for numbers to drop so it’s easier to manage 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 hours ago, jparx said:

We started the application for a new build back at the start of March and the whole thing has been held up. Hoping to finally move in July. A bit concerned the prices on the development might tumble in the next 6 months and we suddenly had a raw deal, but that's hard to predict.

It's a great time to get a 5 year fixed rate deal with the low interest rates though. If you've got a lot of savings ready to go, obviously you'll be getting very little interest on that now but the flip side is how cheap it is to borrow, so it's a good time to be getting a mortgage (if your financial situation is stable!).

Interesting this.  I happened to speak with my cousin yesterday who is an estate agent for a local company north of Leeds and she has been very busy having returned to work last week. She said that the pent up demand and supply of people who have put plans on hold during lockdown is creating a very hot market and prices are holding. She said their mortgage advisor was saying people, if they can afford it, should lock in one of these 5 year fixed rate mortgages available now as they expect them to disappear quite quickly. Also houses that were previously listed saying they had a ‘play room’ or ‘utility’ room’ are being rebranded as having a ‘home office’ 😊.  Gardens are a premium and WiFi service is a much bigger consideration. 

As an aside she said it was strange that she can do valuation visits and buyer visits to houses, inside and not just in the garden, but can’t go inside her sisters house.

I think it is very unpredictable what will happen after this initial pent up demand/supply is dealt with. 

edit - also that people have had 10 weeks of home diy and have done loads of work tarting up the house for sale. Makes sense. 

Edited by chuckles07

2 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Interesting this.  I happened to speak with my cousin yesterday who is an estate agent for a local company north of Leeds and she has been very busy having returned to work last week. She said that the pent up demand and supply of people who have put plans on hold during lockdown is creating a very hot market and prices are holding. She said their mortgage advisor was saying people, if they can afford it, should lock in one of these 5 year fixed rate mortgages available now as they expect them to disappear quite quickly. Also houses that were previously listed saying they had a ‘play room’ or ‘utility’ room’ are being rebranded as having a ‘home office’ 😊.  Gardens are a premium and WiFi service is a much bigger consideration. 

As an aside she said it was strange that she can do valuation visits and buyer visits to houses, inside and not just in the garden, but can’t go inside her sisters house.

I think it is very unpredictable what will happen after this initial pent up demand/supply is dealt with. 

Really interesting post, thanks for that. Particularly the bit in bold!

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

diabetes what diabetes ? :( ..... meanwhile Hancock being hammered on presentation of his testing figures ....  

Why this is only happening now!? I mentioned this weeks ago and I’m just little old me. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Why this is only happening now!? I mentioned this weeks ago and I’m just little old me. 

its surely better and more damaging if it keeps going .... quite high up on bbc news at lunchtime ... just adds to the pressure .... we won't have him on todays press conference ... I reckon we might get the minister for ice cream sales on .. reporting the good news 

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its surely better and more damaging if it keeps going .... quite high up on bbc news at lunchtime ... just adds to the pressure .... we won't have him on todays press conference ... I reckon we might get the minister for ice cream sales on .. reporting the good news 

It’s definitely good to be picked up on and reported. I found it funny as we all could see at the end of April they were fiddling the stats. 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Low ratings? During CumGate? No way.

"The PM will lead the televised briefings once a week, but could decide to appear more regularly"

What a hero.

This reminded me of one of the briefings last week when he refused to let the scientists answer any questions about Cummings and said something along the lines of “They aren’t here to get involved in politics... I, unfortunately, have to....”

The PM claiming he unfortunately has to engage in politics. What a world.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This reminded me of one of the briefings last week when he refused to let the scientists answer any questions about Cummings and said something along the lines of “They aren’t here to get involved in politics... I, unfortunately, have to....”

The PM claiming he unfortunately has to engage in politics. What a world.

Yeah I was wondering if anyone else picked up on that! Really stood out to me. You're literally a politician mate.

16 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Low ratings? During CumGate? No way.

"The PM will lead the televised briefings once a week, but could decide to appear more regularly"

What a hero.

Wish I could just pick and choose when I turned up for work. He gets paid enough to show his face more than once a week (not that I wanna see it, but that's not the point)

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Wish I could just pick and choose when I turned up for work. He gets paid enough to show his face more than once a week (not that I wanna see it, but that's not the point)

Thatcher famously only slept 5 hours a night because she was busy running the country. I have a feeling old Boris is also only sleeping 5 hours a night but for vastly different reasons and I doubt it’s getting up for night feeds/nappy changing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I was wondering if anyone else picked up on that! Really stood out to me. You're literally a politician mate.

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

He has absolutely no backbone. He’s spent more time throwing his cabinet ministers into these briefings rather than put himself in the firing line. On the occasions he has done the briefings and been questioned on anything (not just Cummings) he’s just reeled off he same pre-prepared lines. If he ever has to go off script he is a bumbling mess. 

12 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

He has absolutely no backbone. He’s spent more time throwing his cabinet ministers into these briefings rather than put himself in the firing line. On the occasions he has done the briefings and been questioned on anything (not just Cummings) he’s just reeled off he same pre-prepared lines. If he ever has to go off script he is a bumbling mess. 

:lol: embarrassing innit

36 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

To be fair, I'm literally in a customer service role and I really don't like having to deal with them.

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lol what?

Whaaaaattt??? 

We're supposedly 2m apart here at my work (I don't think we actually are.. we're sat back to back, people walking up down at the back of desks aren't) but we'd still have to self isolate if we got symptoms, why don't they?   

Edited by Wellyboot
oh yeh silly me, they're better than us?? Or... they're trying to get rid of some of them maybe lol

52 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Whaaaaattt??? 

We're supposedly 2m apart here at my work (I don't think we actually are.. we're sat back to back, people walking up down at the back of desks aren't) but we'd still have to self isolate if we got symptoms, why don't they?   

I'm not sure you've read it right. The politicians who get symptoms will have to self-isolate but all other politicians won't as they are social distancing.