When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Indie Sage won @crazyfool1

Quite touched I was your first thought at half past midnight … 🙂 a bit odd but hey … 

couple of things …. I did say to wait untill restrictions have been announced untill @ing me …. But going with this being the case and these restrictions not being released like the papers are suggesting it could very much be that sage have made decisions without influence … or they could have been infuenced by Indy sage …. Answers on a postcard because neither you nor I know  … there are enough scientists in real sage 82 if I counted them correctly to have enough influence without needing to be influenced by Indy sage 

Edited by crazyfool1

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Quite touched I was your first thought at half past midnight … 🙂 a bit odd but hey … 

couple of things …. I did say to wait untill restrictions have been announced untill @ing me …. But going with this being the case and these restrictions not being released like the papers are suggesting it could very much be that sage have made decisions without influence … or they could have been infuenced by Indy sage …. Answers on a postcard because neither you nor I know  … there are enough scientists in real sage 82 if I counted them correctly to have enough influence without needing to be influenced by Indy sage 

Indie SAGE and the media looking for clicks have essentially terrified people and made people look to the government to do something. It feels a bit like a tyrannical union at the moment holding the country hostage.

Indie SAGE know that the media are looking for extreme points of view, so they will get platformed if they are happy to be the only people in the room to say we’ve got a third wave coming worse than any other wave. The media platform them because it gets them clicks and then it starts influencing public opinion.

Of course, on its face, it’s easy to say that Indie SAGE aren’t making policy. But things happen in patterns and chains. They are setting the groundwork / the dominos in place to get what they want. It’s highly political. They were set up to just oppose the governments reaction to the pandemic at every turn. It’s literally their job to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. They won’t ever change.

Until people actually start telling these losers to fuck off we won’t break free of this. They aren’t EVER going to change their tone because it’s their literal job to always go against what the government are doing.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Indie SAGE and the media looking for clicks have essentially terrified people and made people look to the government to do something. It feels a bit like a tyrannical union at the moment holding the country hostage.

Indie SAGE know that the media are looking for extreme points of view, so they will get platformed if they are happy to be the only people in the room to say we’ve got a third wave coming worse than any other wave. The media platform them because it gets them clicks and then it starts influencing public opinion.

Of course, on its face, it’s easy to say that Indie SAGE aren’t making policy. But things happen in patterns and chains. They are setting the groundwork / the dominos in place to get what they want. It’s highly political. They were set up to just oppose the governments reaction to the pandemic at every turn. It’s literally their job to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. They won’t ever change.

Until people actually start telling these losers to fuck off we won’t break free of this. They aren’t EVER going to change their tone because it’s their literal job to always go against what the government are doing.

so what do the members of Sage do ?  I mean surely they have opinions of their own specific to their areas of expertise ? they also might have influences from other scientists they deal with in their particular field .... for example ... nobody is free from influences in life, my parents influence me .... my friends ... people at work ..... It seems that people are hung up on Indie sage on here ... They are also completely free to completely ignore people ... like I also do when I think they have what I consider to be very different opinions to mine . Edit There’s also influences from Tory donors to be considered … plus the Tory death group and anyone Boris happens to give out his number to … 

Edited by crazyfool1

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If you say Indie SAGE enough do they appear behind you? 😜

I honestly don’t see why people are bringing them up all the time yet don’t say anything about the mistakes by the government which have lead to us possibly delaying step 4. The scientists haven’t done anything to chase a delay, the government have.

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

what the fuck are you on about?

Just now, steviewevie said:

I blame REAL SAGE. Government need to stop listening to experts so we can crack one off or whatever the expression is.

Enough is enough tbh. if anything we should have removed restrictions earlier! 

Peston reckons between 2-4 weeks delay. 2 weeks for protection, and maybe 4 weeks to coincide with the school holidays

28 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Weird. I don't remember them opposing lockdown every time it was bought in.

always opposed the timing of lockdown though, saying it took too long. 

The fact theyve stolen SAGE's name to confuse people and call themselves Indie SAGE to insinuate the real SAGE aren't independent is enough to mock fake SAGE with

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Peston reckons between 2-4 weeks delay. 2 weeks for protection, and maybe 4 weeks to coincide with the school holidays

LOL

I love seeing you get wound up by this sort of stuff, where is your daily dose of blind hopium? 

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I blame REAL SAGE. Government need to stop listening to experts so we can crack one off or whatever the expression is.

What I don’t understand is if it is a 2 week delay then given the government are committed to giving a weeks notice before saying restrictions will be lifted, then they will need to announce they will be lifted only 7 days after June 21st, so cant really see how in only one week the data will be strong enough for them to give the go ahead. This makes me think that if June 21st doesn’t go ahead then we’re looking at at least a 4 week delay otherwise I don’t really see much point in them delaying it at all

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

We tend to forget the virus comes and goes around key events in our calendar year, don’t we? 😉

2 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

What I don’t understand is if it is a 2 week delay then given the government are committed to giving a weeks notice before saying restrictions will be lifted, then they will need to announce they will be lifted only 7 days after June 21st, so cant really see how in only one week the data will be strong enough for them to give the go ahead. This makes me think that if June 21st doesn’t go ahead then we’re looking at at least a 4 week delay otherwise I don’t really see much point in them delaying it at all

yeah think so too, and as Zahid says Peston has said this....

7 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

The 2 weeks would be between the 14th and 28th June. 

But i suspect if they delay, theyll delay until the school holidays

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Bang on the money

3 hours ago, DeanoL said:

It was a shock to me when I read it too, but it's in the book I recommended yesterday - there's a review/summary of it here: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/mar/11/failures-of-state-review-never-forget-the-johnson-governments-covid-disasters

One of the chapters is literally called "left to die at home". Here's a few pages from it - it's by a couple of Sunday Times journalists. I think we'll see these news stories coming out as the enquiry progresses but it's sort of all been buried under reporting of what is happening right now, at the moment.

0?ui=2&ik=091dc1bf43&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-a:r2976530488620916868&th=179eb0af33439cdd&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-QtRTGDX0st_iBwfAfzb2N1e3qk4q0m3Fq_awiRMDK4wF33NBWO7IZtaxnY-ybwpcAkq3pBdoxx2_6QWgZ7oikRKb-zpNoio-iRhbfvA9oxGYbjPmkaJyuS68&disp=emb&realattid=179eb0a238263e6a2601

0?ui=2&ik=091dc1bf43&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r2976530488620916868&th=179eb0af33439cdd&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8HxlWIE0xhNx86CTjusXDCFf4FLkeU_PyF6YY4V0AeLiUNvCLS342pIAzFP-r1-HWqcRbfl3MmBLOm_Qte-Za181GZ_2Aqlxy3rAGM37sB6NdrXdcjoOyDvXM&disp=emb&realattid=179eb0ada3a63e6a2602

That looks like quite the read. I've bought the audible version. Thanks 🙂

I think all Johnson, Whitty, Valance and Van Tam have to do is hold a conference to explain the reasons behind a month delay - the main factors being the more transmissible Delta variant, which is shown to need two vaccinations to be fully protected against.
Confirm that we will be keeping the current restrictions in place (which will appease the majority) and the additional time enables us to get those double jabs in.
I don’t think it will be seen as ‘back peddling’ if it is delivered strongly and directly, with evidence to back it up.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

no it isn't, it's silly.

It’s really not. It’s been apparent for a long time that Independent SAGE are politically motivated, and that they’re given a considerable amount of airtime to push their viewpoints.