When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

My groups divided down the middle. Gonna have to be a pyramid/other tv setup with one on each.

Best part of Eurovision is the political voting at the end. You don’t need to actually watch the acts. 

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Or the data indicates at first the variant was more transmissible but as they got more data they realise it isn’t. That’s what happens with science. 

That's fine but they shouldn't have said a scary number like 50%, even with caveats

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Or the data indicates at first the variant was more transmissible but as they got more data they realise it isn’t. That’s what happens with science. 

I mean, there's a "may not" in there, and it's Politics For All and the Telegraph...so let's see.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They would have been if SAGES advice was taken to delay May. As well as the general mental health issues caused anyway 

Yeah, well they didn't...and maybe they got lucky. As for this general mental health thing... I don't know...I think "general mental health" might be deterimentally effected if was more transmissable and we had to reverse any lockdown easing further down the line. Bojo is popular not just because of the vaccines, but because he is being more cautious.

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They would have been if SAGES advice was taken to delay May. As well as the general mental health issues caused anyway 

Did SAGE officially recommend a delay to May? Have we got any proof of that? I thought it was just iSAGE type scum that were recommending that. 

35 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah minutes say it as a recommendation from memory.

Early onset dementia.

Estimated impact of Step 3 alone Any resurgence in hospital admissions and deaths following Step 3 of the Roadmap alone is highly unlikely to put unsustainable pressure on the NHS, however, the full impact of Step 3 changes will not be seen in these data until at least mid-June

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/984521/S1227_SPI-M-O_Summary_of_further_modelling_of_easing_restrictions_Roadmap_Step_3__2_.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/988403/S1236_Eighty-nineth_SAGE.pdf

Edited by Copperface

Kent variant more deadly, SA one vaccine resistant, Indian one more transmissible? Looking like all 3 might be wrong after huge panic caused. Why are general members of the public bombareded with this stuff when it doesn't help anyone.

Also, any bets where the next big variant will come from? Running out of big countries now...

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Kent variant more deadly, SA one vaccine resistant, Indian one more transmissible? Looking like all 3 might be wrong after huge panic caused. Why are general members of the public bombareded with this stuff when it doesn't help anyone.

Also, any bets where the next big variant will come from? Running out of big countries now...

out of your arse?

• Downvote 4