When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I've just been to an event! Live podcast comedy thing. Didn't make it to any socially distanced things last year due to being more on the cautious side, but it was a lot of fun (if a bit weird and dystopian at times with the masks and distancing). Big step for me, though! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've just been to an event! Live podcast comedy thing. Didn't make it to any socially distanced things last year due to being more on the cautious side, but it was a lot of fun (if a bit weird and dystopian at times with the masks and distancing). Big step for me, though! 

That's great, glad you had a good time. Would you say there were many people there?

Just now, Ozanne said:

That's great, glad you had a good time. Would you say there were many people there?

No it was actually far from sold out, which was a shame. Not sure if the organisers overshot in terms of venue size or if people cancelled last minute. Made it feel safer I guess but not great for the performers and organisers! 

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No it was actually far from sold out, which was a shame. Not sure if the organisers overshot in terms of venue size or if people cancelled last minute. Made it feel safer I guess but not great for the performers and organisers! 

That said, a lot of pubs and restaurants we walked past on our way back were far from full either. It's a grim night in London weather wise though, maybe people just couldn't be arsed going out.

Working from home does I think make you feel a bit lazy about going out after work.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That said, a lot of pubs and restaurants we walked past on our way back were far from full either. It's a grim night in London weather wise though, maybe people just couldn't be arsed going out.

Working from home does I think make you feel a bit lazy about going out after work.

WFH definitely makes you feel less like going out in the evenings I find.

I think the weather will put people off and maybe there's a bit of hesitancy of going back out there out again, it'll come back in time.

26 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The weather put loads of people of I reckon. 

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

We're going into town tonight for comedy then dinner. Will be interesting to see how busy it is then. The Wahaca in Cov Garden was full when we booked over a month ago, which will indicate that part will be busy (we subsequently got a one of the few slots available at Oxford Circus).

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

We're going into town tonight for comedy then dinner. Will be interesting to see how busy it is then. The Wahaca in Cov Garden was full when we booked over a month ago, which will indicate that part will be busy (we subsequently got a one of the few slots available at Oxford Circus).

I imagine in central London it will be busy. Have fun! 

From tomorrow Germany/RKI will put the UK on the highest red alert list for being a variant country (until now only India, Brazil, South Africa and very few other countries on that list). I would not be surprised if other (holiday) countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece and so will follow the advice as the RKI is the most influential in the EU.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

From tomorrow Germany/RKI will put the UK on the highest red alert list for being a variant country (until now only India, Brazil, South Africa and very few other countries on that list). I would not be surprised if other (holiday) countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece and so will follow the advice as the RKI is the most influential in the EU.

Didn't Spain announce yesterday that Brits would be allowed in with no quarantine or tests? Thought I heard that on the radio.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't Spain announce yesterday that Brits would be allowed in with no quarantine or tests? Thought I heard that on the radio.

I am not sure how this will work in the end. What I have heard once is that the EU gives the guidelines and RKI (Robert Koch Institut Germany) is its main driver. But could also be that countries can decide by it`s own. Putting the UK on high risk level last week (but still with no quarantine) was mainly an EU/RKI decision, but could be that this time holiday countries will go against the new decision (which would mean quarantine mandatory for all UK citizens).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

I am not sure how this will work in the end. What I have heard once is that the EU gives the guidelines and RKI (Robert Koch Institut Germany) is its main driver. But could also be that countries can decide by it`s own. Putting the UK on high risk level last week (but still with no quarantine) was mainly an EU/RKI decision, but could be that this time holiday countries will go against the new decision (which would mean quarantine mandatory for all UK citizens).

Yeah it's interesting to see the different approaches. 

Spain:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57199791

UK citizens still advised not to travel to Spain, though.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah it's interesting to see the different approaches. 

Spain:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57199791

UK citizens still advised not to travel to Spain, though.

Very different yes. And yeah, the RKI are always hardliner on the corona side (advising Merkel).

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

21 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Out tonight for a meal with the wife and kids to celebrate the kids 7th and 11th birthdays which where both destroyed by covid.

Light at the end of the tunnel 

Have fun. It really does feel that way, doesn’t it? Let’s hope things continue to head in a positive direction.

• Upvote 1