When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s a bloody relief ... that’s will be all of my close family done , brother sister and both parents ... Thanks to the incredible nhs 🙂 

For sure mate, give it a couple of weeks and you can go for a walk with your parents mate with a bit more peace of mind!

Looks as though some authorities are as low as group 8 on the vaccine priority list.

With that in mind surely they'll be through the top 9 groups before the end of March?

If that is the case surely the next priority list should be published soon so we know what the next steps are?

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Looks as though some authorities are as low as group 8 on the vaccine priority list.

With that in mind surely they'll be through the top 9 groups before the end of March?

If that is the case surely the next priority list should be published soon so we know what the next steps are?

From what I can gather it seems like they’re just going to go by age

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Good news, after a few days of rises, the ZOE app believes this has been caused by people reporting vaccine side effects incorrectly as covid symptoms and thus being wrongly assumed to have symptomatic covid. 

What I don't understand is surely this is easy to distinguish as it quite literally asks you if you've been vaccinated prior to then asking how you're feeling?

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

JVCI said first week of March I believe!

I suspect the vaccination places will just go through all the groups and then start on teachers/police e.t.c without waiting for specific confirmation if they have the vaccine doses. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

JVCI said first week of March I believe!

I suspect the vaccination places will just go through all the groups and then start on teachers/police e.t.c without waiting for specific confirmation if they have the vaccine doses. 

After the top priority groups here (1st batch aims to cut deaths, next tranche aims to cut hospitalisation) they are moving onto where the most frequent outbreaks occur (so meat processing plants, people in cramped accommodation etc), the aim being to cut big clusters. Teachers, supermarket workers, factories, police all in those early groups once those most at risk of serious illness and death are taken care of. I don’t think it’s that much different to other places, so I’d guess it will be similar for you guys...

5 minutes ago, st dan said:

Guessing % uptake of the vaccine will decrease as they move down the priority lists too?

I said this before and I think it will be the case. 

I was shot down in flames - but I agree with you. I think younger people will be more wary of the vaccine than the disease itself, and their compliance to rules to date may be more aligned to fear if causing harm to others than themselves. 

Would be an interesting question to ask that.

At the start of the pandemic catching the virus played on my mind, or rather the thought of not being able to have a ventilator should I need one, as it progressed and we understood it more I was more worried about the older and more vuberable in society I'm not really fearful for myself, I could do with shedding a few bits of excess weight but nothing major statistically I'd be damn unlucky to get it really badly. 

Roll back 10 years to my mid twenties when I was thin as a rake and fit as a butchers dog I'd have been more scared of my then Mrs telling me she was pregnant or losing my job and having to move back to my parents or something like that. 

I don't think I'd be alone in that situation either. 

26 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Good news, after a few days of rises, the ZOE app believes this has been caused by people reporting vaccine side effects incorrectly as covid symptoms and thus being wrongly assumed to have symptomatic covid. 

That makes a lot of sense as more smartphone savvy people start to get their vaccines, with ZOE encouraging even the mildest of fever etc to be reported

12 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I was shot down in flames - but I agree with you. I think younger people will be more wary of the vaccine than the disease itself, and their compliance to rules to date may be more aligned to fear if causing harm to others than themselves. 

At the start of the pandemic catching the virus played on my mind, or rather the thought of not being able to have a ventilator should I need one, as it progressed and we understood it more I was more worried about the older and more vuberable in society I'm not really fearful for myself, I could do with shedding a few bits of excess weight but nothing major statistically I'd be damn unlucky to get it really badly. 

Roll back 10 years to my mid twenties when I was thin as a rake and fit as a butchers dog I'd have been more scared of my then Mrs telling me she was pregnant or losing my job and having to move back to my parents or something like that. 

This is where we'll follow Israel's lead and the least surprising u-turn yet happens around "freedom passes" to get into anywhere

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This is interesting to me. After my trial jab I was asked to use an app to log any symptoms. The question asked if I had any symptoms which I thought could be related to covid, to which I answered no, because I assumed my symptoms were as a result of the jab, but I did consider saying yes, because the symptoms were a banging headache and a fever.

9 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Yep, and in my opinion it should always be a personal choice - if an individual wants to take the risk for getting Covid then so be it. I guess my opinion would change when data comes out showing how effective the vaccines are on transmissions, as then it becomes a wider issue than a personal one. 

I’m still expecting high take up of the vaccine throughout the 1-9 categories, but I’d be expecting it to be in the mid 70% / high 80% for the 55 - 50 year olds. It’s not going to be as high as the 94% we have seen for the over 80s. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Wow didn’t expect to see that. How do you feel about it?

To be honest, I don't mind too much keeping things 'tight' for another month. I assume schools will go back in March still, so I assume they just mean everything else is closed.

On a personal level, I've postponed wedding venue viewing appointments every month now and now it looks like I can't do it in March either which is a bit annoying as surely they can show my partner and I around an empty venue safely. I'm selfishly worried that some 2021 weddings will start being cancelled before we can book ours and our preferred dates get booked up!

I think the issue comes though when we get to April and we only begin by opening non-essential retail, etc and continue to take things very slowly. If we do that, it'll be months before we can meet friends, etc in a bar at this rate.

30 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Although to be fair to the people reporting, I don't think they're doing anything "incorrect". If they have fever, nausea, headache etc after a vaccine, then it's quite correct to report those symptoms isn't it? The app doesn't ask you if you think you have covid, just what your symptoms are and whether (and when) you've had a test or vaccine.

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

To be honest, I don't mind too much keeping things 'tight' for another month. I assume schools will go back in March still, so I assume they just mean everything else is closed.

On a personal level, I've postponed wedding venue viewing appointments every month now and now it looks like I can't do it in March either which is a bit annoying as surely they can show my partner and I around an empty venue safely. I'm selfishly worried that some 2021 weddings will start being cancelled before we can book ours and our preferred dates get booked up!

I think the issue comes though when we get to April and we only begin by opening non-essential retail, etc and continue to take things very slowly. If we do that, it'll be months before we can meet friends, etc in a bar at this rate.

Yeah that will be tough but I think your governments approach is the right one by going slow with easing restrictions, giving you guys the best opportunity to come out of the lockdown and keep the virus down. 

Frustrating about wedding venues, I assume others would be in the same boat as you so they might not get booked up. Hope you get it sorted. 

On 2/16/2021 at 11:25 PM, zahidf said:

If we are all vaccinated by July I dont see the point of social distancing.  Seems over caution to me , to the detriment of everyone's mental health.

I would in 3-week intervals say:
8 March - Reopen schools
29 March - Reopen nonessential shops and beer gardens
19 April - Reopen indoor pubs (Rule of 6)
24 May* - Remove Rule of 6

* Assuming 30 April for finishing vaccinations, 17 May if vaccinations are finished a week early.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is where we'll follow Israel's lead and the least surprising u-turn yet happens around "freedom passes" to get into anywhere

It totally baffles me that the population of country without ID cards would just let that happen. 

Personally I love the idea of an ID card would save me so much hassle personally and at work but I do understand why people are hesitant about them. 

8 minutes ago, northernringo said:

The other way of looking at it is a slow rollout might get you to the later stages sooner, as a spike in cases could postpone the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mellotr0n said:

It's a really tricky one - that so many of us are going to be wrestling with in the coming weeks.

My Dad is 70, and within a week it will be 3 weeks since his jab, which I understand is pretty much the point from which you have as much protection as you are going to get from the first dose.

He's very sociable, and understandably very, very low mentally at the moment as he cannot see anyone, nor does he really have anything to do with himself.

He wants to see his grandchildren, and we are moving rapidly towards a situation where realistically he is statistically very unlikely to be a danger to his grandchildren, nor them to him. Yet it seems the guidance will be nothing indoors for at least another couple of months or so?

What's the answer?

The answer for me would be to have the family isolate for five days then see him before the kids go back to school. 

That would minimise risk even further. Your local authority probably also has some sort of mass testing for the general public, some are for thise without symptoms. You could do that, or even get the postal kits for those with symptoms if you want to be sure. As long as there's capacity, which it looks like there is 

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although to be fair to the people reporting, I don't think they're doing anything "incorrect". If they have fever, nausea, headache etc after a vaccine, then it's quite correct to report those symptoms isn't it? The app doesn't ask you if you think you have covid, just what your symptoms are and whether (and when) you've had a test or vaccine.

If they've noticed it then I'd expect an update to the app to log that so they can prove it