When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

It was clear it was a possibility. Travel restrictions in some form or another have constantly been in place in one form or another in parts of the world over the past twelve months, the rules constantly and regularly changing. If people want to take the risk and go to another country in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, then obviously not being able to get back is going to be a risk you take. If you've no way to get back, maybe don't take that risk?

And yes, you're telling me people can't afford to get premium flights back or can't afford to self isolate for two weeks when they do. Then you're telling me these people have second homes. You're the one telling me about these people with no money in their bank account but two homes. I'll be honest: I think these people you are talking about are entirely fictional. But I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. And if such people exist, one way they could afford the self-isolation would be to sell their second home. Indeed, selling their second home would probably be a financially prudent thing for them to do, given how they're otherwise penniless.

Am not telling you any of that at all..🤣

In fact if you actually read back the only person I've mentioned that can't afford it is myself.... you're the one who started asking questions about how many!

Edited by Paul ™

I got an email from EasyJet during the week about an upcoming stag I was supposed to be going on in mid-May (Spain). (Booked last summer).

They moved the flight by a day and one of the options if it doesn't suit is applying for a refund.

I definitely won't be vaccinated by May but everyone else in my house will have had two doses, so I'm not overly worried about going, however, I'm beginning to think it is increasingly unlikely that I wont be able to go and that I should maybe take the opportunity to get my £100ish back (I can't imagine the refund option lasts forever).

The problem is, the rest of the stag party are all saying they will 'wait and see what happens'.

I know this is certainly very trivial in terms of what is happening to others out there, but with hotel quarantines, etc being put in place, does anyone think it is likely we will be able to travel outside the UK by mid-May?

4 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I got an email from EasyJet during the week about an upcoming stag I was supposed to be going on in mid-May (Spain). (Booked last summer).

They moved the flight by a day and one of the options if it doesn't suit is applying for a refund.

I definitely won't be vaccinated by May but everyone else in my house will have had two doses, so I'm not overly worried about going, however, I'm beginning to think it is increasingly unlikely that I wont be able to go and that I should maybe take the opportunity to get my £100ish back (I can't imagine the refund option lasts forever).

The problem is, the rest of the stag party are all saying they will 'wait and see what happens'.

I know this is certainly very trivial in terms of what is happening to others out there, but with hotel quarantines, etc being put in place, does anyone think it is likely we will be able to travel outside the UK by mid-May?

I'd say 75% prob you'll be able to fly but with mandatory testing and also some limitations on having fun the other end too.

I do think the refund option will still be there in a month or two so I'd copy your fellow stags and wait and see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Remind me again why we shouldn't guillotine the rich? "B-but it's immoral!", some dork is no doubt going to say. But more immoral than hoarding wealth and willingly allowing millions to suffer? I doubt it.

If you chop their heads off their wealth will just pass on to the next generation of w*nkers.

19 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Also they have to end quarantine before June as they have the G7 event then.

Probably just a month or two of quarantine ahead, three absolute max.

1 minute ago, rascalpete said:

I like the week on week comparison

Thanks mate, I had to edit it as I had input one of the days datas incorrectly. I reposted the pictures which is why your quote is showing an error image.

As time goes on I'll try to make further amendments too.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think it depends who you are doing it with. Mine was via St John Ambulance. There was a long online questionnaire and I'm having a DBS check as well. Some other organisations seem to require less.

No mention of an interview with mine I don't think, but I'm still waiting to hear back. I applied directly to my local NHS trust through their volunteering partner org. Done the online training (Volunteer passport), that was very dull and quite generic, a lot of it doesn't even apply, but I'm used to box-ticking online training for work. They've contacted my referees (quite detailed apparently) so now just a waiting game. Hope I do get a spot, furlough is very very dull. I assume they try to place you quite local but happy t travel. Be nice to have a reason to go for a drive. And I assume I'd get a high-viz so I can pretend I'm stewarding at a festival