When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its that nobody wants to be first to take it ...

I fucking do.

But then I work with someone who's been actively involved in developing a vaccine candidate (albeit one currently at the pre clinical stage so miles away from ready) and I can see how many hoops they have to jump through to prove it's safe - even on this accelerated timescale.

I'm no Cummings fan but I find it humorous that they are trying to paint the Governments failures on him and his Vote Leave crew. How many different people have now been blamed for Tory government issues now, it must be near double figures over the 10 years they've been in power? Whilst this is definitely good news, Boris Johnson is still our PM and is still utterly useless at the job.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm no Cummings fan but I find it humorous that they are trying to paint the Governments failures on him and his Vote Leave crew. How many different people have now been blamed for Tory government issues now, it must be near double figures over the 10 years they've been in power? Whilst this is definitely good news, Boris Johnson is still our PM and is still utterly useless at the job.

yeah, he was a nice scapegoat for Johnson. But, this is the way Johnson does things...he is a figurehead and just lets others do the work...chairman of the bored.

Overall I think it's good that he's gone, didn't like the way he saw the world.

Cummings' BBC documentary (below - it's well worth a watch and will make a lot of sense) made me go from thinking he's just a misunderstood nerd to someone who's genuinely dangerous. He's pure toxicity, hell bent on the idea that to create a better world you have to destroy it first, utilising psychology and propaganda in the process.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000ggnm/taking-control-the-dominic-cummings-story

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, he was a nice scapegoat for Johnson. But, this is the way Johnson does things...he is a figurehead and just lets others do the work...chairman of the bored.

Overall I think it's good that he's gone, didn't like the way he saw the world.

In their 10 years in power the Tories have blamed for their own failings:

- Lib Dems

- The EU

- Immigrants

- Corbyn

- Remainers

- Parliament

- The courts

- The young

- Dominic Cummings

Not once have they accepted any blame for anything, they are running out of people they can shift it too. Instead it's just them to blame for so many of the issues we see now today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Cummings' BBC documentary (below - it's well worth a watch and will make a lot of sense) made me go from thinking he's just a misunderstood nerd to someone who's genuinely dangerous. He's pure toxicity, hell bent on the idea that to create a better world you have to destroy it first, utilising psychology and propaganda in the process.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000ggnm/taking-control-the-dominic-cummings-story

Seen this too and can also recommend, along with the one about the Murdochs on there (have you seen that?).

Fraid to say that from what I have read, Cummings isn't even the real end of level baddie. His boss his Andrew Elliott, who runs all the US backed lobbying groups out of Tufton St. His American wife (sarah) is the head of 'Republicans in Europe) and used to work for the Koch Brothers. Also have links to Robert Mercer (Breitbart founder; Trump's biggest donor; illegally leant Leave Cambridge Analytica).

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can’t really celebrate this Cummings thing. There’s something going on here that’s probably going to be worse than DC staying in Downing Street. Highly suspicious.

Yeah I don't feel good about this either. The people we really need to get out of Downing Street are the Tories.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

he's our own little Steve Bannon.