When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

41 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I renewed for another month yesterday... presume I’ll get a pro rats refund now :) 

I literally joined a new one yesterday as mine is shutting down for a year to refurbish! Great timing. It's on a flexible contract though and I'm pretty sure they will freeze for no extra cost as that's what they did before.

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

It was patronising and self fulfilling. And my dad would like to see many of the policies implemented, he just didn’t like the man he perceived as weak. I wonder if it isnt a little chauvinistic. Perhaps men of a certain generation have difficulty being lead by anybody who doesnt embody that archetypal masculine leader.

The second paragraph quoted I do agree with but polls at the time showed that many of Corbyn’s policies were popular- nationalising rails, free university fees, investing in the NHS etc. It was the man they had an issue with. And by the same token,  Starmer has now alienated most of the party membership and a fair chunk of the votership. So whatever he does, I don’t believe he will be able to galvanise enough support to win an election outright. The trust is broken.

SO Starmer won the Labour leadership by a landslide (over RLB), but most of the membership are siding with Corbyn over Starmer? Why's that then?

I voted for Corbyn twice - but he really started to outstay his welcome with his 'we won the argument' then 'Covid proves my policies were right' bollocks. He really needs to just sod off now and just do his constituency work for the sake of the party/country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

SO Starmer won the Labour leadership by a landslide (over RLB), but most of the membership are siding with Corbyn over Starmer? Why's that then?

I voted for Corbyn twice - but he really started to outstay his welcome with his 'we won the argument' then 'Covid proves my policies were right' bollocks. He really needs to just sod off now and just do his constituency work for the sake of the party/country.

34083E2E-8089-4035-BFEB-1421828A8D80.png

4 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

34083E2E-8089-4035-BFEB-1421828A8D80.png

Yesterday I looked at the YouGov report:

17 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Those headline figures don’t really tell the full picture. The report from YouGov says that the public overwhelmingly support the decision to suspend Corbyn, think Corbyn mishandled his reaction and Starmer is more widely praised. I’ve attached the snippets from their report, the fall in approval for Starmer is generated by the left which are understandably unhappy with Starmer. 

48545C3D-A24C-477E-969D-970084E33302.jpeg

45736A23-44CC-4E2D-B895-1B5D82FAA8E2.jpeg

1E32E9CA-AB17-48C1-BAC2-21A469175F8B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I literally joined a new one yesterday as mine is shutting down for a year to refurbish! Great timing. It's on a flexible contract though and I'm pretty sure they will freeze for no extra cost as that's what they did before.

Yeah, first lockdown, both my wife and I's memberships (Pure Gym and F45) automatically froze for the duration and then we had the option of when to restart them.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

How is F45? A colleague of mine goes there and absolutely swears by it 

Mt wife absolutely swears by it. It's al classes, which must drive you on, plus she has made quite a few friends there, so guess they have a real community. On the flip, she pays £200 a month (!) and I pay £20 a month at Pure Gym (!!!).

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Starmer seen as more electable and a potential compromise candidate - he’s not far left but not a Blairite either. Expelling Corbyn suggests to some  hopes of compromise were misplaced. 

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, first lockdown, both my wife and I's memberships (Pure Gym and F45) automatically froze for the duration and then we had the option of when to restart them.

My current gym did this (it's shutting end of November anyway) and the one I've just joined seems to have done the same. So all good really. Will be a shame to not get and about for my classes as was enjoying that break in the routine, but if it's a proper lockdown (bar schools and shops) then I think they have to really.