When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wait a minute - Boris can't announce a lockdown tonight can he? Hasn't it got to be in Parliament first?

Nope. He can move such measures unilaterally under the HP regs. Parliament must vote on those measures with 28 sitting days so that takes us way past the beginning of December. 

Any rebellion is therefore somewhat irrelevant to the initial introduction.

As to someone mentioning the Home Office becoming involved with lockdown regs as opposed to the Health Department, the only way they can do that is via invocation of the Civil Contingencies Act, which would be unprecedented in this type of situation. That's a whole new ballgame. 

Edited by Copperface

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

You don’t know their situation, so why judge? 

Or if it does bother you that much, why not approach them and ask? 

crumbs I only want to feel safe where I work by limiting numbers like supermarkets have been asking people to do do right though the pandemic for mine and everyone elses safety ,,, im not judging any individual situation , im not saying anyone is individually wrong.... I just want to feel safe and whilst the queuing is not happening ... thats all im asking .... you would im sure not like it ... if people pilled into your workplace willy nilly giving you little chance of maintaining any kind of space whilst you were doing a job and risking life to put food on peoples plates .... all I was asking  is that where possible people need to avoid taking kids to the supermarket and where they cant carry on as they were ... 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cheers ... appreciate that :) 

No worries.  I go once a week and clearly my timing was bad this week.  Close packed queues the length of the store at the checkouts, families with a trolley each filled with packs of loo roll, multiple cartons of milk and 16 loaves of sliced bread.  It was bedlam and I felt bad for the staff who all looked harassed as hell.  Meanwhile the chances of any kind of social distancing in packed aisles was totally out of the window.

43 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Nope. He can move such measures unilaterally under the HP regs. Parliament must vote on those measures with 28 sitting days so that takes us way past the beginning of December. 

Any rebellion is therefore somewhat irrelevant to the initial introduction.

As to someone mentioning the Home Office becoming involved with lockdown regs as opposed to the Health Department, the only way they can do that is via invocation of the Civil Contingencies Act, which would be unprecedented in this type of situation. That's a whole new ballgame. 

Fair enough, I stand corrected! On that basis will be amazed if they don't announce a lockdown. But then I've felt that way before and they haven't, so who knows?

45 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

crumbs I only want to feel safe where I work by limiting numbers like supermarkets have been asking people to do do right though the pandemic for mine and everyone elses safety ,,, im not judging any individual situation , im not saying anyone is individually wrong.... I just want to feel safe and whilst the queuing is not happening ... thats all im asking .... you would im sure not like it ... if people pilled into your workplace willy nilly giving you little chance of maintaining any kind of space whilst you were doing a job and risking life to put food on peoples plates .... all I was asking  is that where possible people need to avoid taking kids to the supermarket and where they cant carry on as they were ... 

They need to bring the queuing system back really. My Tesco is a free for all right now. Glad I don't have to go for another week.

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

No worries.  I go once a week and clearly my timing was bad this week.  Close packed queues the length of the store at the checkouts, families with a trolley each filled with packs of loo roll, multiple cartons of milk and 16 loaves of sliced bread.  It was bedlam and I felt bad for the staff who all looked harassed as hell.  Meanwhile the chances of any kind of social distancing in packed aisles was totally out of the window.

yep today wasn't fun .... a combination of all factors rolled into one ... I even messaged someone on here earlier to say so  ... but anyway ive got the day off tomorrow and with halloween and the kids going back to school it will calm down and people will get some clarity later that shops arent closing ... Time for a drink ahead of the efest halloween zoom meet tonight .... everyone welcome :) 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They need to bring the queuing system back really. My Tesco is a free for all right now. Glad I don't have to go for another week.

ive asked ... apparently its happening up north .... they have also designed and tested some kind of app I believe so people dont need to queue outside in  the rain ... although not sure how that works if you arrive on foot :) 

4 hours ago, mattiloy said:

He’s a good man and a lifelong labour voter.

But that boomer generation sitting on their buy to let portfolios watching their kids struggle to get on the housing ladder with a mountain of student debt having voted in governments that lead us into war, deregulated the financial system, voted for us to leave the EU and set fire to the natural world.

Why should we listen to anything they have to say on politics? Even if they were voting labour, they’ve been utterly ineffective. You should have to retire from voting at 60 imo.

If voters have to retire at 60, what about the old fools in leadership positions?

Oh dear. You've just blown it. Lol

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive asked ... apparently its happening up north .... they have also designed and tested some kind of app I believe so people dont need to queue outside in  the rain ... although not sure how that works if you arrive on foot :) 

I did think this - the weather was never all that bad as it all started late March, so we never had the queue in near freezing conditions. But come December time we will so glad to hear they have something planned for that. 

I'd actually be lucky enough to use that from my house! Would take the same amount of time to walk from my door as someone at the far end of the car park

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I did think this - the weather was never all that bad as it all started late March, so we never had the queue in near freezing conditions. But come December time we will so glad to hear they have something planned for that. 

I'd actually be lucky enough to use that from my house! Would take the same amount of time to walk from my door as someone at the far end of the car park

will be interesting to see if it gets rolled out and if people can place themselves in some kind of virtual entry queue ( might have festival use ) like booking a slot for home delivery or click and collect .... 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

will be interesting to see if it gets rolled out and if people can place themselves in some kind of virtual entry queue ( might have festival use ) like booking a slot for home delivery or click and collect .... 

that could work in conjunction with earlier opening times for the less able and elderly like they did before. 

Won’t be fair on the less technologically capable if they are forced to queue outside while other people can go straight in if they’ve booked a slot.