When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, Spindles said:

It'll be 6:45 so they can wrap it up in time for the exodus for whatever mindless twattery the population gorge themselves on a Saturday night these days, probably Noel Edmonds or some such shit.

Strictly Come Dancing. They know that the dancers will trend on Twitter and the BBC won’t want to budge from its scheduled time - conveniently less time for press questions.

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

2-3 weeks ago, we had 1200 cases per day...we had already gone to level 3+ in Dublin (pretty similar to UK tier 3, but pubs with meals were closed indoors)...moved to level 5 nationwide just under 2 weeks ago, which is similar to what you guys will get Wednesday night (bit more stringent on movement, 5km limit except for essential journeys, but most else the same, schools and unis open too)...more people leaving hospitals than being admitted this week, today’s case number 412...pretty rapid turnaround (hope it holds!)...to be fair, we went early before things got completely out of hand (COVID cases were only occupying 10% of ICU at the time level 5 was brought in), but it’s definitely possible to get things back to where testing and tracing can work again...

Is compliance any good over there? I have a feeling it will take us a bit longer to see drops, if we do at all. I don't see behaviour changing whatever we do here, pubs closing will just lead to house parties anyway

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there will be a new eat out to help out scheme in a month.

But with kids excluded from the deal.

An eat in to help out for takeaways would be a good idea. Probably would've been a better idea at the time really...

Edited by efcfanwirral

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is compliance any good over there? I have a feeling it will take us a bit longer to see drops, if we do at all. I don't see behaviour changing whatever we do here, pubs closing will just lead to house parties anyway

It seems to be, but then, I’m complying so I wouldn’t know! There isn’t reams of people giving out on Twitter though, so it appears people are taking it seriously. They changed the legislation to hand out big on the spot fines for house parties. Once the first few people got hit with them, the message seems to have gotten through that they’re serious. Pubs have effectively been closed in Dublin since just before Paddy’s day anyway (wet pubs serving only alcohol haven’t opened since).