When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I think we should all take a lot of comfort in the fact that these clever fuckers in white coats have managed to develop a safe vaccine in such a short period of time as this sort of time scale is unprecedented. I know I'll sleep a little sounder tonight knowing there's now a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SheffJeff said:

I think we should all take a lot of comfort in the fact that these clever fuckers in white coats have managed to develop a safe vaccine in such a short period of time as this sort of time scale is unprecedented. I know I'll sleep a little sounder tonight knowing there's now a light at the end of the tunnel.

You and me both! Quite the incredible effort by the scientists

Anyone who doubts that these vaccines are actually coming probably has never worked on any IT project of any reasonable size - the deadlines move back and back and back, but if there's enough will and enough will, then damn thing does get delivered. 

Besides, I wouldn't rule out December for some start of roll out, just based on a headline in "I".

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SheffJeff said:

I don't envy these people at all but I completely agree, they're doing such an incredible job and it's nice for them to actually know what they're doing and not have it for their own personal gain unlike certain other characters in this whole pandemic...

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Anyone who doubts that these vaccines are actually coming probably has never worked on any IT project of any reasonable size - the deadlines move back and back and back, but if there's enough will and enough will, then damn thing does get delivered. 

Besides, I wouldn't rule out December for some start of roll out, just based on a headline in "I".

It’s coming - and all the scientists have always felt confident about it. It just needs time and patience - which is in short supply for so many of us.

The Heil article says those old evil backbench Tories are demanding Johnson puts a date on ‘returning back to normal’. Seems a stupid and foolish idea.

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

It’s coming - and all the scientists have always felt confident about it. It just needs time and patience - which is in short supply for so many of us.

The Heil article says those old evil backbench Tories are demanding Johnson puts a date on ‘returning back to normal’. Seems a stupid and foolish idea.

Why not? They need to have a point where we learn to live with it. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Why not? They need to have a point where we learn to live with it. 

What does "learn to live with it" actually mean that we're not already doing? Be specific.

It's ridiculous to pluck a date out of the air when we're going to have suddenly "learnt to live with it". You can try to go back to normal, but if it leads to exponential growth in hospitalisations, then we clearly have not "learnt to live with it", no matter how many Tory MPs want us to.

It's a vacuous phrase that means nothing. It's a call to inaction.

• Upvote 3

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

What does "learn to live with it" actually mean that we're not already doing? Be specific.

It's ridiculous to pluck a date out of the air when we're going to have suddenly "learnt to live with it". You can try to go back to normal, but if it leads to exponential growth in hospitalisations, then we clearly have not "learnt to live with it", no matter how many Tory MPs want us to.

It's a vacuous phrase that means nothing. It's a call to inaction.

Sweden has lived with it since day 1. More deaths and less economic damage, but crucially they aren’t stuck in purgatory waiting for a vaccine.