When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Because you said it wasn't the bedrock. 

I asked you a question in regards to the trial.

Australia edged its largely on their own vaccine in the same way we did with AZ.  If AZ had failed we would of struggled.

Because it wasn't? We'd already committed to a Oxford/Az deal (August 2020) with an early order and local manufacturing deal before UQ failed in December 2020. We signed a Pfizer deal in November 2020. If UQ hadn't of failed it would only have been available mid-June 2021 (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/11/australia-terminates-university-of-queensland-vaccine-deal-with-csl-after-false-positives-for-hiv) and be made by the same manufacturer. It was never intended to be the bedrock of the rollout because it would not have been ready. 

The BBC covers it well if you have any interest. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-56825920

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Watching tour de France, good to see crowds back, although after the crash some numbnut causes yesterday maybe the cyclists think differently.

The person with the sign certainly succeeded in their mission to get it on TV. 

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Does have implications for international travel though, right? To countries with lower vaccination rates.

Why would it - if we are all vaccinated and we go abroad to a place with lower rates what does it matter to the UK? We are still vaccinated and it is us that might bring harm to them so up to their country to decide.

Once we are all vaccinated if it is still the risk of a new mutation coming to the UK then overseas travel can NEVER happen using those rules

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Why would it - if we are all vaccinated and we go abroad to a place with lower rates what does it matter to the UK? We are still vaccinated and it is us that might bring harm to them so up to their country to decide.

Once we are all vaccinated if it is still the risk of a new mutation coming to the UK then overseas travel can NEVER happen using those rules

I guess you could look at it like that...but you know, you could maybe think of implications for other countries. I guess these countries could allow people in from UK for economic or political reasons, much like we did with allowing people in from India in the spring.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I don’t think these people know what kind of world they are ushering in with these concerns.

If you think things now are not good enough to reopen, you might as well kiss away concerts, festivals, holidays, major events… everything tbh.

I urge anyone who thinks we are still in a crisis to take a step back and think about what you’re causing here.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think these people know what kind of world they are ushering in with these concerns.

If you think things now are not good enough to reopen, you might as well kiss away concerts, festivals, holidays, major events… everything tbh.

I urge anyone who thinks we are still in a crisis to take a step back and think about what you’re causing here.

Not a crisis here anymore, but is elsewhere, and likely will be for some time yet.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

People really need to bring their second doses forward!

One of my mates had their first today and their second is at the end of September. I’m trying to convince them to move it forward but their response is “cbf”. 🙄 

They need a better system where people aren’t having to wait unnecessarily long. A lot of people are very lazy and won’t bother trying to get a closer date.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

One of my mates had their first today and their second is at the end of September. I’m trying to convince them to move it forward but their response is “cbf”. 🙄 

They need a better system where people aren’t having to wait unnecessarily long. A lot of people are very lazy and won’t bother trying to get a closer date.

I spoke to someone the other day who had just booked both jabs and the gap was a nice 8 weeks rather than 12, but there's still tons out there with the longer gap, because that's what they were allocated.

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

People really need to bring their second doses forward!

They should allow you to bring it forward earlier than 8 weeks.

Makes sense to do this and get more 2nd jabs in arms…

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For Pfizer, I agree. Not AZ.

It’s going to be mostly Pfizer and Moderna for 2nd doses soon anyway isn’t it? I can’t remember when under 40’s started getting jabbed.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

27 June
Delayed reporting of cases data in England

Because of a technical issue, there was a delay to the processing of a subset of cases data in England yesterday. This means that the reported number of cases would be lower than expected. Outstanding cases will be reported in the next update.