When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

16 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

imo there is no way the scot gov takes us backwards as england etc moves forward, even with higher cases. Would be too unpopular and they won't want england to be full y open for long when we are not.

I agree logically, though they’ve surprised me plenty of times over the last year 

2 hours ago, sime said:

Hope so. I get the optimism for a return to some kind of normal and hope the scientists give the all clear to end the final lockdown stage on 19th July. But that ending might be delayed if people start following what others do and break the guidance rules. It feels to me like we are at the final hurdle (ish). I really hope we don't fudge it up.

The matt Hancock thing feels a bit too convenient for me - it will lead to people breaking the rhle . And I think this is exactly what will happen, blame the public for the next delay 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I'm pretty sure this is where we're heading this winter. I'll never ever do anything that requires vaccine proof only 

Edited by efcfanwirral

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Everyone I know is still following the rules. Rule of 6 etc. And most people I see when I go out in the town here also seem to be following the rules and all pubs have been good with the restrictions as well. 

Surely even you don’t believe yourself at this point with this nonsense 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The matt Hancock thing feels a bit too convenient for me - it will lead to people breaking the rhle . And I think this is exactly what will happen, blame the public for the next delay 

It was posted by Stevie yesterday but the Hancock story makes any further delay to step 4 as completely untenable. How they can they tell us to continue social distancing when one of the main instigators of the rule hasn’t been?

Plus I can’t see many other Tory MPs being happy with that either. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

I guess I follow the rules by default most of the time, but for you does it not depend on the circumstances?
For example, if 6 of your friends were having a drink round one of their houses watching the football, would you not turn up to be the 7th person as you’d be breaking the rules? 

Certainly not.

I hate football.

55 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm pretty sure this is where we're heading this winter. I'll never ever do anything that requires vaccine proof only 

It is convenient but I think it’ll work the other way. Remember how much they like ‘nudging’ the public. It’ll help coax more people into disregarding the rules and makes relaxation on the 19th more likely.

13 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It is convenient but I think it’ll work the other way. Remember how much they like ‘nudging’ the public. It’ll help coax more people into disregarding the rules and makes relaxation on the 19th more likely.

Don't get that logic at all. They want more people to break rules so they can end the rules?

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Don't get that logic at all. They want more people to break rules so they can end the rules?

The less people care the better. The more conditioned people are the better. 

“I’ve followed the rules less last three weeks anyway, might as well relax them. Makes no odds to me”

Knowing this government they'll sneak some dodgy bill through while everyone is ranting about Hancock....

On a side note - had a TXT from Dr's asking if I want to take part in a covid-19 booster vaccination trial....

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Interesting article about Australia at the moment, could their previous success be about to bite them on the back? 

I've often wondered close the boarder to stop the importation of mutations what's to stop the same mutation happening domestically? I'm assuming nothing other than 'odds' perhaps @Toilet Duck could enlighten me? (Again)

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I've often wondered close the boarder to stop the importation of mutations what's to stop the same mutation happening domestically? I'm assuming nothing other than 'odds' perhaps @Toilet Duck could enlighten me? (Again)

Lower chance of mutations if the cases are kept low isn’t it ? We’ve seen mutations from Kent , Brazil , South Africa so far … that’s another reason for keeping the case numbers low rather than let it spread uncontrolled through the youngsters ? 

3 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

There isn't (we've already had the Kent variant).

Viruses always mutate, they'll find new ways to spread efficiently - it's a balancing act between how well it can reproduce and spread (infection or R-ratio) and the mortality rate (how quickly/if people die from catching it).

So from the Virus's point of view something that spreads quickly but doesn't kill the host before it has time to spread is the best option. if it mutates to a strain with high mortality rates it'll kill the person infected before it has a chance to infect more people - so from a virus point of view that would be bad.

In theory lots of people catching a highly virulent but low mortality version of the virus will give anti-bodies to people that should help fight off other variants of the virus (that's basically what the injections do - stimulate the body to produce anti-bodies that will attack any Covid-19 type viruses you get infected with).

if you look back to the "Spanish Flu" you can see what could happen - although the health of the population is better now and we have better treatments - there was a fast spreading variant, then a more deadly one.

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lower chance of mutations if the cases are kept low isn’t it ? We’ve seen mutations from Kent , Brazil , South Africa so far … that’s another reason for keeping the case numbers low rather than let it spread uncontrolled through the youngsters ? 

I think we'd be doing that if we didn't have such extreme seasonality - the most logical thing would've been just keep everything outdoors til everyone has had two doses and return with vaccine passports but that puts you in September