When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Please can we stop with the personal comments, so far today’s we’ve had people being called liars on numerous occasions along with ‘half a brain cell’ and others. This thread would be so much nicer if we didn’t have those type of comments. 

+1 from me. It’s just unnecessary. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

A health minister has hinted that the Government is targeting a higher threshold of second-dose protection before relaxing restrictions, suggesting he would be "more comfortable" with 81 per cent of the adult population being fully jabbed. 

Edward Argar told Sky News: "We are seeing the numbers in hospital creeping up a bit, I think they were just over 1,000 at the weekend. But when you look back, it was something like 38,000 at the peak in January. So we are seeing that severing of the link between the disease and hospitalisations and death.

"I think that on that basis, everyone will recognise that there comes a point where we do have to live with this disease and recognise that you cannot go for a zero Covid approach, you have to live with it, and vaccination is the key to that.

"So I think once we have got those second doses in people's arms, once we have got that level of protection up to around that 81 per cent, then I think people will be more comfortable with it."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/14/politics-latest-news-boris-johnson-announcement-news-lockdown/

Isnt that a long way off ?

I think he means 81% as in that's what they are saying is the protection after 2 doses. Not that they 81% of the population double  jabbed.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

A health minister has hinted that the Government is targeting a higher threshold of second-dose protection before relaxing restrictions, suggesting he would be "more comfortable" with 81 per cent of the adult population being fully jabbed. 

Edward Argar told Sky News: "We are seeing the numbers in hospital creeping up a bit, I think they were just over 1,000 at the weekend. But when you look back, it was something like 38,000 at the peak in January. So we are seeing that severing of the link between the disease and hospitalisations and death.

"I think that on that basis, everyone will recognise that there comes a point where we do have to live with this disease and recognise that you cannot go for a zero Covid approach, you have to live with it, and vaccination is the key to that.

"So I think once we have got those second doses in people's arms, once we have got that level of protection up to around that 81 per cent, then I think people will be more comfortable with it."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/06/14/politics-latest-news-boris-johnson-announcement-news-lockdown/

Edward Argar said that if the June 21 lockdown easing were to be delayed for one month, another 10 million second coronavirus vaccine doses would go into arms in this time.

"Were there to be a delay, were that to be what the Prime Minister announces, we will see what he says and he will make a judgment if he were to delay it on how long by," he told BBC Breakfast.

"If we are going at a run rate of about 250,000 to 300,000 second jabs being done each day, a month gives you roughly that 10 million, which closes the gap... 10 million you have got to do to get from 29 million to 40 million, so that all 40 million have had their second jabs."

Guess this makes more sense  now

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Yep very much so. It'll be September

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I guess we are going to offically bring forward the AZ jab from 12 to 8 week for all over 40s.  Saying this I can already book at 8 weeks so its happened unoffically for weeks now.

They'll need to bring forward the Pfizer ones then for under 40s too. The original spacing times but they've backed themselves into a corner really with the whole "12 weeks is SO much better for protection than the original 4". Fine for those at risk to speed it up and it makes sense but younger people might ask questions on that one! (Obviously not all) 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Sorry but that is the issue.  You are sat around with a bunch who haven't followed the rules.  Meanwhile its causing my kids to miss out on a fuck ton of once in a childhood events.

Its not surprising when I am saying I want restrictions to go and your mates who couldn't give a fuck about the rules anyway don't care if they are extended.

Selfish fucks

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I wear a mask inside.  I just wore a mask dropping my kids at school in the fresh air FFS.

You have been exposed as two faced.  You and your mates.  The rules are for others clearly. 

Ooft, aged like milk

On 6/8/2021 at 3:29 PM, Barry Fish said:

I have the contact tracing turned off and only check in when forced to do so.  The reality is I can't self isolate based on a maybe.  I have a job to do and a life to live.

Just now, Gregfc15 said:

Ooft, aged like milk

Yeah but the context is key.  Most of you know I don't really want the rules etc.  @MrBarry465 on the other hand has been lording around these pages for the past month telling everyone else how awful they are for their view points and then lets rip that him and his mates don't bother with the rules anyway 🙂 

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Dude, I know the enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that, but cheerleading the CRG? Really? 

Everyone else just seems to be nodding along with endless restrictions forever. They are ridiculous but at least they are asking the right questions this time.

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Everyone else just seems to be nodding along with endless restrictions forever. They are ridiculous but at least they are asking the right questions this time.

Nobody is nodding along with endless restrictions forever.

They are proposing a 4 week delay for fucks sake ....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Nobody is nodding along with endless restrictions forever.

They are proposing a 4 week delay for fucks sake ....

Lol. You guys don’t get it.

3 weeks to slow the spread

lockdown now to save Christmas 

Lockdown now to save Easter

It doesn’t end. We will have the same situation in July, watch. People’s trust that the restrictions will be lifted are completely broken.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3