When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

Most people I speak to in the 'real world' have no idea that June 21st isn't a sure thing.

Just as a counterpoint, pretty much everyone I talk to are dubious about the 21st June holding and wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s pushed back.

Not meaning this as any kind of “gotcha” - my circle of friends, family & colleagues is no more statistically significant than yours! 😉 - but it would be a mistake to assume there is an overwhelming public consensus that the 21st June is set in stone. 

20 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Fingers crossed! Selfishly (as a 28 bordering on 29) kinda hope they don’t just open it up fully to >18s and create a ticket day F5 bun right! 

Same age, same selfish views haha! 

Its back online but still no luck for me. Could be based on area so potentially give it a try!

I’m sick of ministers not giving a damn about eroding trust, as long as they’re ok. Gove pinged by app but not isolating due to being part of a daily test trial. STINKS! Trial rules clearly state:

Anyone who is identified as a contact by NHS Test and Trace as a contact will be offered to take part in the study. This won’t include people identified as a contact through the NHS COVID-19 app or through an informal channel.’

It's an interesting experiment going on in the EU.

Unlocking with vaccinations significantly lower than here, whilst there is a new variant in the environment, and Brussels trying to make borders stay open. But with a mix of vaccines mainly Pfizer. And some have closed borders to here more firmly (Fr, De for two).

To me it has a correspondence to December 2020, when the UK variant was starting up. I'd say the main difference is how far vaccines across Europe with attenuate the overall wave in a pop with reducing vulnerable population.

In EU average it is still only 14-15% of the population who have full protection of 2 vaccines.

Will it make much difference?

57 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Interesting. What age are you if you don't mind me asking?

I wonder what would happen if I cancelled my 2nd dose which had a 12 week gap from the 1st. Do we think it would offer something sooner?

I'm 42 and my 2nd jab was booked for July 19th, 12 weeks after the first. Cancelled it the other night as I knew 8 weeks was now recommended and re-booked for June 22nd. Definitely worth trying.

NHS website is back up, I put my NHS number in and said how old I am (23) and it let me book a jab for tomorrow. Is this ok? As the website still says 30 and overs, just thought I'd try it to see but now feel guilty in case I've jumped the queue 

Just now, 19liam75 said:

NHS website is back up, I put my NHS number in and said how old I am (23) and it let me book a jab for tomorrow. Is this ok? As the website still says 30 and overs, just thought I'd try it to see but now feel guilty in case I've jumped the queue 

If it lets you do it then go for it. There is usually a period where it moves down a category before it updates and says so . Myabe it is going to all 18 plus soon...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 19liam75 said:

29 here and not luck 😪

46 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Just as a counterpoint, pretty much everyone I talk to are dubious about the 21st June holding and wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s pushed back.

Not meaning this as any kind of “gotcha” - my circle of friends, family & colleagues is no more statistically significant than yours! 😉 - but it would be a mistake to assume there is an overwhelming public consensus that the 21st June is set in stone. 

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Anecdotal only but none of my friends or family are looking at the 21st June as some sort of guaranteed milestone. They've all been burned before and don't believe it until they see it with all these things. 

That said I'm in my late 30s and so don't know a lot of people who are desperate to go to nightclubs.

I guess that Johnson now has the ‘data’ he requires to show that a delay may be required.
Not saying we are staring into a disaster, but it’s looking like there is now conclusive evidence showing that this variant is more transmissible, can lead to more hospitalisation and vaccines are much more effective after two doses. You could argue that he would be foolish to ignore these findings just to plough ahead with the 21st June, just because he said he would do four months ago. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I’d say I definitely still have some form of long Covid from January. Still not got my smell back (probably around 60%), feel lethargic and lacking energy much more than I used to, and my back and shoulders ache daily. Though these could also be WFH issues. 
Whilst I wasn’t severely affected with Covid in terms of respiratory issues, I’d much rather not have caught it. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

I guess that Johnson now has the ‘data’ he requires to show that a delay may be required.
Not saying we are staring into a disaster, but it’s looking like there is now conclusive evidence showing that this variant is more transmissible, can lead to more hospitalisation and vaccines are much more effective after two doses. You could argue that he would be foolish to ignore these findings just to plough ahead with the 21st June, just because he said he would do four months ago. 

It doesnt look positive but then is that because what we are being told is misleading? For example: "The variant can lead to more hospitalisation" surely this has to be in non vaccinated people? There is no evidence the vaccine does not work perfectly well. 

Its like.. if all things were equal statistitcs. But they arent so it can be very misleading and ignorantly broadcasting the statistics as something they arent is going to only cause panic and hysteria. 

8 minutes ago, st dan said:

Hed have to accept responsibiltiy for his government letting it then

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

It doesnt look positive but then is that because what we are being told is misleading? For example: "The variant can lead to more hospitalisation" surely this has to be in non vaccinated people? There is no evidence the vaccine does not work perfectly well. 

Its like.. if all things were equal statistitcs. But they arent so it can be very misleading and ignorantly broadcasting the statistics as something they arent is going to only cause panic and hysteria. 

Also, are they staying long in the hospital, or in and out in a day or two?