When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Yup - I don't think there is much choice in that 😞

Boris might chuck Hancock under a bus after this.  Reshuffle coming up.

Can he appoint anyone he wants to cabinet? Can't he get back some of the sensible ones he kicked out so they didn't speak up about brexit? 

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

It's all personal vendettas with Cummings, and Johnson was making accusations about Cummings not long ago,so it's payback time. He'll be going for other ministers and govt officials  like Hancock and Harries too I'm sure.

Cummings cares about being perceived as the smartest person in the room. He's not going to throw people under the bus because of a vendetta - he'll only do it if it makes him look smart.

4 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

This is very interesting to think about, could Aussies be becoming complacent almost because of their shut borders approach or is it more the vaccine hesitancy we've heard about before? 

I can understand hesitancy in Australia. It makes no sense here, for instance, as you're either going to have to get vaccinated or you'll get COVID - it's circulating and won't go away. But in Australia that's not the case. I can totally understand why they might want to wait and see if there are any more unknown vaccine side-effects and so on. It's going to be a problem for them, as it means they'll be behind on opening their borders - but for individuals it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

It’s more the callousness of the wording that doesn’t sit right with me. 
I get your point, but it could have been written as ‘who can we no longer prioritise?’ for example. I guess there wasn’t necessarily an intention to be so crass when they were brainstorming on this, but it’s not nice to see it written out in such terms, especially if you have loved ones in this category who sadly passed away, as if their life was not deemed as important. 

That's what happens when you do your pandemic planning after the pandemic starts, rather than in the years before so it's there and ready when you need it. 

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

That's what happens when you do your pandemic planning after the pandemic starts, rather than in the years before so it's there and ready when you need it. 

It’s a lot easier to say who can die hypothetically in years time, rather than who will actually die now. 

This ain't a good look for Kuenssberg is it...

He adds he would "occasionally talk to people, the main person I really spoke to in the whole of 2020 was Laura Kuenssberg at the BBC, because the BBC has a special position in the country during a crisis."

He says he gave "guidance to her on specific stories".

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

This ain't a good look for Kuenssberg is it...

He adds he would "occasionally talk to people, the main person I really spoke to in the whole of 2020 was Laura Kuenssberg at the BBC, because the BBC has a special position in the country during a crisis."

He says he gave "guidance to her on specific stories".

Funnily enough she's gone quiet since then...

1 minute ago, BobWillis2 said:

Cummings thinks he’s being the smartest man in the room but he’s just outing himself as the psychopathic megalomaniac we always knew he probably was.  

You love to see it because he's coming across like a total lunatic, and Boris is coming across like an incompetent clown. Cummings is just taking everyone down with him.

36 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

You are not listening properly if you have come to that conclusion 

It’s speculation on a strategy, not a “conclusion”. Things are more nuanced than you appear to appreciate. 

Just catching up, this has been a disaster for the government. There was no plan for a pandemic that was the top of the risk league table for the country; the Tories have been in power for a decade.

The only member of government to come out of this positively is Sunak, fair play it sounds like for his teams work on Furlough at short notice. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Just catching up, this has been a disaster for the government. There was no plan for a pandemic that was the top of the risk league table for the country; the Tories have been in power for a decade.

The only member of government to come out of this positively is Sunak, fair play it sounds like for his teams work on Furlough at short notice. 

Agreed. It’s a total indictment on the Tories. But I’m bracing myself for the combination of Boris pulling some circus character clown shit, and the fickle political memory of the public. Add to that Starmer’s black hole of charisma, and the future isn’t looking great. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Can he appoint anyone he wants to cabinet? Can't he get back some of the sensible ones he kicked out so they didn't speak up about brexit? 

He can - but a lot of them stepped down at the last election as far as I recall.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Well don't buy into the Sunak is okay shit. DC is clearly leaving out any attacks on Rishi and Give cause he believes they could take over. 

But Sunak did well with furlough at first. However he refused to fix glaring issues with that furlough. Let's not forget how he was just as deceitful in parliament and still pretends he "left no one behind" while simultaneously saying he couldn't save any job. Sunak is just as bad as the rest of them and complicit in their failings. Let's not fall into domcums trap

• Upvote 1

Just now, ace56blaa said:

Well don't buy into the Sunak is okay shit. DC is clearly leaving out any attacks on Rishi and Give cause he believes they could take over. 

But Sunak did well with furlough at first. However he refused to fix glaring issues with that furlough. Let's not forget how he was just as deceitful in parliament and still pretends he "left no one behind" while simultaneously saying he couldn't save any job. Sunak is just as bad as the rest of them and complicit in their failings. Let's not fall into domcums trap

Oh yeah I agree completely, Sunak didn’t do well in the summer and into the 2nd lockdown. But from what we’ve heard he did fairly well at the start under short notice. The next will PM will either be Gove or Sunak, I agree.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Ffs give the personal attacks a rest 

Hard when it’s become his identity here. I don’t care about the pathetic personal blows, it’s that he’s lowering the overall tone. Can’t get through a day without this twat chucking in a playground insult. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Yup, totally agree. It's all very coordinated and feels very much like Cummings is pulling the strings here. Gove as PM by the summer with Sunak at his side.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Hard when it’s become his identity here. I don’t care about the pathetic personal blows, it’s that he’s lowering the overall tone. Can’t get through a day without this twat chucking in a playground insult. 

Absolutely … this thread has always been a good source of info … without needing to lower to personal shit and the same stuff daily … and then moan that people have blocked it … i did post similar about the insults a few days back citing everyone … but for some it’s not quite sunk in yet