When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

50 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Also, on another note actually bought gig tickets for Metronomy for next year... so a sign this shit might be ending 😁

Errr WTF am I getting a downvote for this comment - jeez 🙄

I didn't take the weirdo long to start being a bell end again.... I've added them all to the ignore list and it makes this topic a much better read 

Edited by gazzared
Spelling

Here's a question for people I'd be interested to know where you are. 

If we had the current hospitalisation rate just before June 21st (350 per day) would this be a sign we need to keep restrictions in place longer or would it be fine to open up as planned. 

What about with the current deaths per day? Acceptable or further restrictions needed?

Covid-19 Comms: Vaccines, fresh air, and stay at home

Just got this.

This week, officials have told**** that the emphasis in Government vaccine communications throughout April will be on the uptake of second doses among cohorts 1-9 of the priority groups. As the rollout extends rollout to younger audiences, we can also expect to a further push for uptake to be broadened out to these other age groups.

Meanwhile, the government are due to introduce a new focus on the importance of fresh air in their comms around Covid-safe behaviours over the Easter holiday period and into April. The “Hands Face Space” campaign, with this additional messaging around fresh air and indoor ventilation, will launch on Monday 29th March to align with the next round of lockdown easements. It will feature “Let’s take this next step safely” as the tagline.

Government behavioral insight teams have also cautioned that a shift in behaviours around social distancing and staying at home has been observed since pupils have returned to school, with some parents returning to places of work after the school run, for example. Officials have therefore reminded the sector of the importance continuing to promote stay at home and social distancing messages, despite easements of restrictions in some sectors.

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Uptick in cases = lock down forever. Cases will not drop further, so what are we going to do? Wonder if that's the advice the government are getting too..

Some nutters would have us caged like battery hens forever.

Absolute wronguns.

Edited by JoeyT

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Uptick in cases = lock down forever. Cases will not drop further, so what are we going to do? Wonder if that's the advice the government are getting too..

see is fake SAGE, but tbh she does say a LOT not just a uptick. Her advice isnt terrible overall

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I find her quite alarmist at the best of times but that is not what she's saying. It literally doesn't even say that in the 1 tweet out of 13 that you included! She says to 'slow opening' if cases increase 'a lot', which is not the same as 'lockdown forever' and is is not applicable to cases plateauing at the current level.

56 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

If we had the current hospitalisation rate just before June 21st (350 per day) would this be a sign we need to keep restrictions in place longer or would it be fine to open up as planned. 

What about with the current deaths per day? Acceptable or further restrictions needed?

Interesting question. Relaxing restrictions is based on the idea that "the vulnerable" will be vaccinated and therefore no longer at risk. If we're still seeing around 100 deaths a day by June, either the vaccine isn't working as well as we think it is, or maybe the definition of vulnerable is wrong (eg it's young, healthy "non-vulnerable" people who haven't been jabbed who are dying).

Re. Hospitalisation rates, I'd want hospitals to be able to cope with the backlog of everything other than covid when we open back up.

Anyway, I'm sure this is all moot and hospitalisations and deaths are going to keep going down between now and June. The increase in cases was expected due to the increase in asymptomatic testing, so I don't think anything is happening that wasn't thought of under the roadmap.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Aren’t we back below average deaths at the given week for a normal year now?

In which case surely that’s where we want to be and providing we stay around that figure we can’t really argue?

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Aren’t we back below average deaths at the given week for a normal year now?

In which case surely that’s where we want to be and providing we stay around that figure we can’t really argue?

That's because seasonal flu is so reduced due to lockdown and hygiene measures that the vast bulk of the deaths are made up of those linked to C19.

Not a 'normal' situation. 

12 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

I find her quite alarmist at the best of times but that is not what she's saying. It literally doesn't even say that in the 1 tweet out of 13 that you included! She says to 'slow opening' if cases increase 'a lot', which is not the same as 'lockdown forever' and is is not applicable to cases plateauing at the current level.

Where I live is top of the infection rates, they are nearly all in the 10 - 19 age group, and being picked up initially by lateral flow tests then confirmed by the PCR test. I know of several households  who have all had it after a secondary school aged child first failed a test, none of them have been confined to bed, or had any symptoms. 

It's also not being reflected in hospital admissions - not that any of this is how it's reported.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter