When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

We have to if only for the medicine side of things. Less food choice would be fine, but the medicines are non negotiable unless we have a stockpile that wasn't needed at brexit time.

50% of food comes in via France.

Then there is also the exports too where UK hauliers need to return.

LF tests are an option, but even they are as we know not brilliant.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

From the article, roadmap is on track and pubs can chose social distancing opening without vaccine passports, or full capacity with vaccine passports.

20210324_223348.jpg

Big business for the negative testing over the summer for People who want their weekly "freedom pass" before they're allowed a vaccine 

Just now, Paul ™ said:

50% of food comes in via France.

Then there is also the exports too where UK hauliers need to return.

LF tests are an option, but even they are as we know not brilliant.

It's not about being 100% safe though- if it was we'd never reopen because it'll never be 100% safe 

The government’s review into social distancing measures, due to report in June, is currently considering whether allowing venues that demand Covid status on entry – which includes either a recent test or proof of vaccine – could be allowed to relax all rules on social distancing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/24/pubs-should-decide-whether-to-demand-vaccine-passports-pm-says

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The government’s review into social distancing measures, due to report in June, is currently considering whether allowing venues that demand Covid status on entry – which includes either a recent test or proof of vaccine – could be allowed to relax all rules on social distancing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/24/pubs-should-decide-whether-to-demand-vaccine-passports-pm-says

There's no festvaswithut it.

12 hours ago, zahidf said:

12 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

UK - Christmas 2020 - warnings from history...

You would of thought the Germans knew all about being humble to history...

More planes about to fall out of the sky sadly...

9 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

I am sorry but you lost me with this comment.  Why would the Germans be humble to history over anyone else?

8 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well I think us Brits and Germans probably want to be more mindful of past behaviours than lets say Sweden.  Can't think why....

Hi Barry, I am sorry to keep asking for clarity, but I still do not understand your comment.

Why would the Germans know all about being humble to history?  I do not understand your reply about how “us Brits and Germans” want to be more mindful than the Swedes. 

I do not want to upset you, but it would be helpful if you could be clearer. 

Could I also clarify the “more planes about to fall out of the sky” comment?  What is this in reference to? 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Not much of a choice - why don't they have the balls to just mandate it?

45 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I wonder what percentage of bar staff up and down the country will have been vaccinated... 

More business for the testing companies - weekly tests for all staff, done privately

Wonder if they'll have a Serco team going round to check businesses have been ensuring everyone scans in?

Edited by efcfanwirral

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So much "I would do differently, if I knew it was coming".  How many people will plan for the next one, even though the last one was 100 (ish) years ago?  I know I will be putting a fiver aside for the bet on the next one, despite the odds being so poor! 

13 hours ago, zahidf said:

13 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

UK - Christmas 2020 - warnings from history...

You would of thought the Germans knew all about being humble to history...

More planes about to fall out of the sky sadly...

10 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

I am sorry but you lost me with this comment.  Why would the Germans be humble to history over anyone else?

9 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Well I think us Brits and Germans probably want to be more mindful of past behaviours than lets say Sweden.  Can't think why....

20 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

Hi Barry, I am sorry to keep asking for clarity, but I still do not understand your comment.

Why would the Germans know all about being humble to history?  I do not understand your reply about how “us Brits and Germans” want to be more mindful than the Swedes. 

I do not want to upset you, but it would be helpful if you could be clearer. 

Could I also clarify the “more planes about to fall out of the sky” comment?  What is this in reference to? 

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Buy a history book or spend more time listening in School in the morning in regards to the first comment.  WW2 / British Empire / War Crimes and so on is all the help you are getting.

On the second point, its in relation to the current daily covid death toll.  Sleep well x

I have had this comment before - "it's the war" (paraphrase).

What does “WW2/British Empire/War Crimes” and the specific focus on Germany being humble about history, have to do with the current events (or more specifically, the comment you were replying to – the German Easter lockdown)?

I am afraid you are not being clear here – apologies as you are confusing me.

“You would have thought the Germans knew all about being humble to history …”

I have given you the courtesy of quoting the entire back-history of this comment, and my questions relating to it.  I would appreciate it if you could explain, clearly, what it was you were trying to say.