When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

It won’t remain that eventually will it. And we don’t need it.

They’re just trying to sneak digital ID systems through whilst people are desperate enough to accept any old nonsense. 

I think...not totally sure..that I am in agreement with strummer77 with all this. The worry is where this goes in the future...

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I think...not totally sure..that I am in agreement with strummer77 with all this. The worry is where this goes in the future...

The establishment won’t know any more about you than they do already! They already know everything. 

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

I still don’t really understand why people are anti ID cards. I already have a driving licence, passport, NHS ID, NI number and a HMRC record. 

Not much left really. I don’t have any issue with joining all that up. 

Don’t forget your phone and all the tracking on that!

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Its more you entering the "Bill Gates wants to control me" wonderland...

Losing the argument here if you’re resorting to that ad hominem.

You know it can be true that a) people aren’t being microchipped and b) there are governments and big businesses who will use crises to implement a few changes they wanted anyway?

(Alrhough as an aside I would be be surprised if he was against them considering how much Microsoft stand to make 😂)

Edited by strummer77
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I know - but I think this concept that 1984 is on the horizon in a first world democracy is a little off the charts which is where you are ultimately going right ?

No.

But at the same time I think people shouldn’t be complacent with their freedoms. Peaceful protests were taken away last week. 

Making out people who have legitimate concerns about governments are ‘conspiracy theorists’  is lazy smug arguing and detracts from actual nonsense that gets peddled.

This thread has cracked me up, I've not posted for a while as had a bit of a hectic year ( I'm guessing I wasn't alone in that ).

I have been popping in more regular of late and this thread has had my full attention, It's epic. I sit here with my tin of Brew Dog* IPA just soaking it all up. I sometimes wonder what happened to all the Glastonbury love but in my hazy state I'm certain it's still there. Just people with different opinions is all I see, which is good. So share your knowledge and pooh to downvoting. 

Hi to Barry Fish whom I do not believe to be a Troll, I see an informed person who's opinions do not align with most on here, myself included most of the time, sorry Barry. In fact I know nobody whom I agree with all the time and wouldn't want to as I'd learn feck all.

Hi to Stevie, just a thank you for big text, really helpful at this time 👍

Anyhow back on topic, When will this shit end? Fuck Knows but I'm gonna carry on getting as much fun out of this life as possible, I'm allowed to visit friends really soon and it's gonna be more epic than this thread. Positivity is where I'm at now and Covid can do one, 

*I still like rum the best but it's a school night😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Also, without trying to be funny, not comfortable with cutting off anyone who chooses not to have the vaccine from everyday life. It's their choice, they should be able to go to the pub.

Pubs aren't a right though, they are someone's business (not to mention some people's home).

For the record I think that if someone chooses to not have a vaccine then I don't think they should have a right to do as they please. My children can't have a vaccine yet (neither can my wife or I for that matter, although I'm in a trial so 50% chance I've had the J&J), so I'd rather not have someone around my family who wouldn't be prepared to take a tiny risk to help make them safer.  

5 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

This thread has cracked me up, I've not posted for a while as had a bit of a hectic year ( I'm guessing I wasn't alone in that ).

I have been popping in more regular of late and this thread has had my full attention, It's epic. I sit here with my tin of Brew Dog* IPA just soaking it all up. I sometimes wonder what happened to all the Glastonbury love but in my hazy state I'm certain it's still there. Just people with different opinions is all I see, which is good. So share your knowledge and pooh to downvoting. 

Hi to Barry Fish whom I do not believe to be a Troll, I see an informed person who's opinions do not align with most on here, myself included most of the time, sorry Barry. In fact I know nobody whom I agree with all the time and wouldn't want to as I'd learn feck all.

Hi to Stevie, just a thank you for big text, really helpful at this time 👍

Anyhow back on topic, When will this shit end? Fuck Knows but I'm gonna carry on getting as much fun out of this life as possible, I'm allowed to visit friends really soon and it's gonna be more epic than this thread. Positivity is where I'm at now and Covid can do one, 

*I still like rum the best but it's a school night😜

wow...you're so out there and above it all. Must be awesome.

I was listening to 5 live in the car this morning, like you do when you live in middle england, and there was a pretty intense argument between a care worker who was refusing to take the vaccine, and someone who's parent was in care and very vulnerable. Was very interesting but I didn't hear end of it as I reached my destination and the dog was saying please let me out I really need a poo.

• Upvote 1

An interesting an article on some of the longer impacts of covid on athletes in the US and what the illness is like for some people (remember these are young, fit people), I do hope we get some more data and studies soon understanding what exactly is happening with these mysterious cases- fortunately they are in the minority:

https://www.truehoop.com/p/some-nba-players-feel-covid-effects

Also some posters on some US boards that I frequent who got hit by these ongoing symptoms started feeling improved after 6 months or so, so hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel for some sufferers

17 minutes ago, km9 said:

Pubs aren't a right though, they are someone's business (not to mention some people's home).

For the record I think that if someone chooses to not have a vaccine then I don't think they should have a right to do as they please. My children can't have a vaccine yet (neither can my wife or I for that matter, although I'm in a trial so 50% chance I've had the J&J), so I'd rather not have someone around my family who wouldn't be prepared to take a tiny risk to help make them safer.  

By that arguement shouldn't the pub, or any other business be allowed to say I don't require you to have the vaccine, or put up a sign saying enter at your own risk etc.. etc...

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

2 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

By that arguement shouldn't the pub, or any other business be allowed to say I don't require you to have the vaccine, or put up a sign saying enter at your own risk etc.. etc...

Yes 

It does seem weird to be on a Glastonbury forum and seeing people OK with a Tory Government bringing in measures with the potential to severely impinge on people’s freedom. We (collectively) are running the risk of getting very complacent about our Civil liberties.