When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

If this is true it begs the question why would we need vaccine passports to go to the pub, gigs, etc? If 92% of the population were safe we could surely assume we had herd immunity and it wouldn't be an issue if 8% of the audience at a gig were not vaccinated, some of those would have some immunity anyway (prior infection, natural immunity).

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I tested it with my mother in laws details and it worked...
I am now trying to convince the silly cow to ignore the message on the first page 🙂 

I might just book it for her and send here the date and time 😄😄😄 

Haha that’s it! It’s not like you are getting something you shouldn’t... it checks your NHS record and only lets you proceed if you meet the criteria!

Tried my own details out of curiosity and it said feck off 😂

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

have they stopped being able to spread it then ? phew 

Children don’t spread airborne diseases very efficiently. This isn’t like flu where their mucky pup fingers spread the virus everywhere. Even still, with the vulnerable vaccinated, children wouldn’t be spreading to them. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Children don’t spread airborne diseases very efficiently. This isn’t like flu where their mucky pup fingers spread the virus everywhere. Even still, with the vulnerable vaccinated, children wouldn’t be spreading to them. 

ah right ... those damn scientists wanting the schools shut ..... oh and my brother and sister in Law who contracted covid from their kids bit of a fucker that 😞 ... 

14 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lol - doesn't matter how many have been exposed or not...

Herd immunity is measured against the whole population.   Hence why you have to factor in the children.

So are you planning to exclude the kids from pubs and gigs, to ensure everyone's safe? If not how would a vaccine passport that kept 8% of adults out stop infections? (bearing in mind even vaccinated people could transmit it)

59 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

If this is true it begs the question why would we need vaccine passports to go to the pub, gigs, etc? If 92% of the population were safe we could surely assume we had herd immunity and it wouldn't be an issue if 8% of the audience at a gig were not vaccinated, some of those would have some immunity anyway (prior infection, natural immunity).

The % needed for herd immunity depends on how much the vaccines prevent transmission, I think. The better they are at that, the lower the number needed for herd immunity. 

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

37 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

So are you planning to exclude the kids from pubs and gigs, to ensure everyone's safe? If not how would a vaccine passport that kept 8% of adults out stop infections? (bearing in mind even vaccinated people could transmit it)

It's about degrees of risk not absolutes. The more non vaccinated people the greater the risk. So it's perfectly logical to exclude the likes of you(I actually think you won't be excluded as you'll take the vaccine.) but not kids. 

12 minutes ago, mcshed said:

It's about degrees of risk not absolutes. The more non vaccinated people the greater the risk. So it's perfectly logical to exclude the likes of you(I actually think you won't be excluded as you'll take the vaccine.) but not kids. 

The point is there has to be a medical justification for the passport, it's clear there is always going to be an element of risk, but does the increased risk of allowing the extra 8%  justify the intrusion, inconvenience and cost which this system will entail? I doubt if keeping a small minority out will change things much. You're probably right about me taking the vaccine, I'm certainly becoming more open to taking it. BTW I don't believe the 92% figure in that article, My gut feeling is a 10-20% refusal rate though that may decline.