When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

There was a little increase on Saturday to stop the streak but the figures announced on Sunday decreased the rate per 100,000 and today we have announced numbers below 1,000 for the first time since the Xmas period I think.

The 7 day rate per 100,000 is now down to 509.7, which is a significant drop from 664.7 last Monday.

Continues to look like we are through the post-Xmas peak and cases are falling. Hopefully this trend continues over the next weeks.

EDIT: I'm obviously only talking about NI here.

Lowest 7 day rate since Dec 31st but still 3 times as high as Dec 11th so still a long way to go.

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson’s been caught going for a cycle ride 7 miles from No 10. Whilst not the end of the world this morning Downing Street were saying the advice was to stay in the part of the city you are in. 

Not as bad as J R-M making weekly trips in his Bentley to Glastonbury to worship his favoured sky-wizard.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Weekly visits to church. At least one of which was from tier 3 to tier 4.

It was reported locally but not picked up by the national press.

Is religion an acceptable reason to break regs?

No it isn’t, not sure why more wasn’t made of that. Well I do know, one rule for one...

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ah, ok. Guess that was in the recent rule changes, made with the vaccine in mind.

I just checked, they changed it back in October and not just for Covid but the Flu jab too, this is dangerous as it opens the way to compulsory vaccinations if they want, doctors and nurses wouldn't vaccinate someone against their will because of medical ethics, this rule means anyone can administer the vaccine as long as they follow the protocol without fear of any liabilty. They could order army personnel to vaccinate people and they couldn't refuse. I'm not saying this is going to happen but there is nothing to stop it, the legal framework is there.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

I just checked, they changed it back in October and not just for Covid but the Flu jab too, this is dangerous as it opens the way to compulsory vaccinations if they want, doctors and nurses wouldn't vaccinate someone against their will because of medical ethics, this rule means anyone can administer the vaccine as long as they follow the protocol without fear of any liabilty. They could order army personnel to vaccinate people and they couldn't refuse. I'm not saying this is going to happen but there is nothing to stop it, the legal framework is there.

and what bit of the extroadinary circumstances are you not taking account of ?

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

But this all should be caviated by the information that you are exceptionally paranoid.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I dunno. France especially havent even agreed their vaccination strateg yet! and as i posted last night, there some massive issues with Germany getting a LOT more pfizer

Germany "claiming" that their extra 30M Pfizer doses are for after they get their EU allocation and won't be delivered until Pfizer have fulfilled their original EU order (hence, it's not against the rules according to them and they signed the deal before the EU did...whether they get their 30m extra before we start to see the new EU order of an additional 300m doses has not been clarified!). Together with the new EU order, it would bring them close to enough to vaccinating their entire population with Pfizer (they get enough for about 66% of the population from the full EU order (we all do), so another 15 million people from their bilateral deal would cover what could reasonably be expected with room to spare (would be over 80% of the population))...plus they have their share of the Moderna orders, with OZ/AX and J&J coming soon (EMA has now said they expect to authorise the OX/AZ vaccine by the end of January instead of March/April as previously stated...hopefully that will ramp things up across the continent...CMA application from OX/AZ expected to be submitted this week on top of the rolling data they have been supplying). So Germany are currently getting the same pro-rata allocation per week that they would have (though some countries haven't gotten their full allocation on time as there was a shipping difficulty). What France are playing at is another matter altogether! 

3 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Germany "claiming" that their extra 30M Pfizer doses are for after they get their EU allocation and won't be delivered until Pfizer have fulfilled their original EU order (hence, it's not against the rules according to them and they signed the deal before the EU did...whether they get their 30m extra before we start to see the new EU order of an additional 300m doses has not been clarified!). Together with the new EU order, it would bring them close to enough to vaccinating their entire population with Pfizer (they get enough for about 66% of the population from the full EU order (we all do), so another 15 million people from their bilateral deal would cover what could reasonably be expected with room to spare (would be over 80% of the population))...plus they have their share of the Moderna orders, with OZ/AX and J&J coming soon (EMA has now said they expect to authorise the OX/AZ vaccine by the end of January instead of March/April as previously stated...hopefully that will ramp things up across the continent...CMA application from OX/AZ expected to be submitted this week on top of the rolling data they have been supplying). So Germany are currently getting the same pro-rata allocation per week that they would have (though some countries haven't gotten their full allocation on time as there was a shipping difficulty). What France are playing at is another matter altogether! 

Could moving the expected approval time for the OX/AZ vaccine effect UK supply? As we are currently the only country in Europe to have approved it we obviously are 100% supply from AZ. 

1 hour ago, st dan said:

The government clearly want to ease restrictions as much as possible, as soon as possible, for the sake of the economy, so it really is in their best interests (if not for people’s actual health) for them to really prioritise and ramp up vaccinations as much as possible. And credit to them, they seem to have this in hand so far. 

This is why I always thought-and still do-that this is the bit they’ll pull off. It allows them to get the economy moving and it’s a big, headline-grabbing, easy-to-understand win. Test and Trace is boring. They were always going to mess that up.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

The current Flu pandemic? You can make an argument for relaxing the rules for Covid but why include Flu too?

The pandemic that has hospitals at capacity so they expanded the number of people who get the flu vaccine to help relieve some of that pressure.

Or it's a secret plan to get YOU.

Edited by mcshed

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

But this all should be caviated by the information that you are exceptionally paranoid.

it's hard not to be paranoid when every thing you fear comes to pass, I warned of this earlier in the thread but was told only healthcare professionals could administer the jab, well that's no longer the case, the restrictions on our civil liberties continue to be increased and the majority go along with them or beg for more, we are heading into totalitarianism and few seem to care.

Government confirms all those living in care homes, over 70’s and the clinically extremely vulnerable will be offered a first dose by 15 February. 

So I reckon mid-March for a cautious relaxation of the lockdown. I expect retail, gyms and small outdoor social gatherings back first whereas hospitality and small indoor household gatherings might be a couple of months behind that. No prospect of full blown house parties for quite some time yet IMO. 

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

it's hard not to be paranoid when every thing you fear comes to pass, I warned of this earlier in the thread but was told only healthcare professionals could administer the jab, well that's no longer the case, the restrictions on our civil liberties continue to be increased and the majority go along with them or beg for more, we are heading into totalitarianism and few seem to care.

Most people recognise we are in the midst of a deadly pandemic, if you think these restrictions will remain once it is over you are quite frankly not worth listening to.