When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Cod knows why the government continue to allow fishing in this lockdown.

6 minutes ago, bamber said:

It's a mackerel anything at all gets done with this government.

We could keep carping on about it but you do have sometimes question the porpoise of some of these choices.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

We could keep carping on about it but you do have sometimes question the porpoise of some of these choices.

Some people just want to plaice themselves on high perch(es)

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My mate who’s a year younger than me just had their vaccine because their work requires them to go in and out of hospitals.

Hopefully this is a sign that we are really getting a move on!

There seems to be a real disparity between age groups at the moment. Someone at work said her uncle who is 44 and has asthma has had the vaccine! She didn't say he worked in healthcare but he surely must do to get it? Quite a few on here have relatives in their 80s who haven't even been contacted yet.

That said I do think people on the front line should definitely be prioritised. Just seems to be a lot of variation in who is getting it beyond that.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Owen Jones?

It's the centrist false equivelence theory in action - all protesters are as a bad as each other, regardless of cause, motives, demands or actions, unless they're protesting brexit in which case its different and fine

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

It's the centrist false equivelence theory in action - all protesters are as a bad as each other, regardless of cause, motives, demands or actions, unless they're protesting brexit in which case its different and fine

Bullshit

Just now, bamber said:

Bullshit

The idea that leftwing protesters are exactly the same and are as bad as rightwing protesters is indeed bullshit, I agree, I have no idea why some centrist are starting to espouse it (I don't believe they genuinely believe suffragettes, civil rights protesters etc are the same as fascists, so I wish certain centrist pundits would stop pretending that they do) 

Just went to the supermarket quickly. It’s next to our local vaccine hub and there were plenty of cars parked outside/stewards guiding people in.
It’s the first time I’ve seen it in action and all became very real that there is indeed a way out of this shit and it WILL end.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

New messaging and talk of stronger policing tactics ...... The bigger numbers will be from employers making people work im sure ... so that needs to be sorted in the first instance ... and these loopholes closed 

I don't think it's just work though that people are going out for.

Purely anecdotal but I live right next to Wimbledon Common and have been using it for near daily walks since all this shit started; back in lockdown one it was pretty much deserted and you'd rarely see anyone, for the last few months (and somehow even more so in the last week) it's been like Piccadilly Circus most days and absolutely heaving with people, a great number of whom are definitely driving to it because there's often a queue for the car park, or they're just parking in the road near us. There's also been a massive increase in the number of people very obviously in large groups, and/or not seeming to give a crap about keeping your distance.

51 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My mate who’s a year younger than me just had their vaccine because their work requires them to go in and out of hospitals.

Hopefully this is a sign that we are really getting a move on!

see this...it puzzles me...your friend may have a higher chance of catching it, but has a very low chance of requiring hospital treatment if he gets it...and if he does catch it we still don't know if he can infect someone else so he would still need to self isolate etc.

Just now, steviewevie said:

see this...it puzzles me...your friend may have a higher chance of catching it, but has a very low chance of requiring hospital treatment if he gets it...and if he does catch it we still don't know if he can infect someone else so he would still need to self isolate etc.

Maybe just a case of being somewhere at the right time ... when they had some spare Pfizer to give out from no shows ?