When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, km9 said:

I'm not suggesting deleting the thread, just not having it as top of the glastonbury chat topics. As I said a 'non-festival' area would be fine and nobody in here would even notice would they?

I think about 95% of the site traffic is in this section of the forum. If this particular thread is moved then a new one would just be created as most of the traffic is here. 

If the thread is too distressing you can always not read it. For instance the ban xmas songs thread has got far too festive and glittery for my tastes so I’m avoiding it now. 

There’s no obligation to read every thread on the forum. 

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, km9 said:

You're twisting what I'm saying. This is a very informative thread, but it's got nothing to do with glastonbury festival 

but it has, to the extent that everything about covid decides whether there's a festival or not.

I'll be happy to move it when Glastonbury is going ahead (or perhaps when plenty of others are).   Until that point there's very little to be said about Glastonbury that doesn't involve covid.

18 minutes ago, km9 said:

I know that some will shout me down here, especially as I stopped commenting and even reading this thread months ago (as it's so depressing), but could this whole thread not be moved to another area? Maybe a 'non-festival' area? It's quite sad that anybody who stumbles across this looking for glastonbury chat is met with almost 2000 pages of negativity.

The situation is negative and quite rightly, it's the worst global health crisis in a century.

People on here are not negative, far from it.

You need to be able to distinguish between the two.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, km9 said:

I'm not suggesting deleting the thread, just not having it as top of the glastonbury chat topics. As I said a 'non-festival' area would be fine and nobody in here would even notice would they?

No one ever goes in the news thread in the general section. So I reckon if you moved this, the hits would fall through the floor.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I think I need to spread my wings a little and see what else is on this site 😂

I've got to say I've always been very interested in the traffic balance of this site (I work in SEO and spend a lot of time in Google Analytics and Search Console, so am a massive nerd for those type of numbers)

Just popped down for my 3rd asymptotic test (Liverpool). Another negative. Going to partners parents for Christmas Day so going to remain as careful as have been all year. Over heard a woman saying to her child ‘doing another test aren’t we so we can see nanny on Christmas’ 

It’s not completely risk free, obviously no mixing is the only risk free option. But we are extremely lucky to have this option here and I urge everyone in Liverpool City Region to use the opportunity! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Just popped down for my 3rd asymptotic test (Liverpool). Another negative. Going to partners parents for Christmas Day so going to remain as careful as have been all year. Over heard a woman saying to her child ‘doing another test aren’t we so we can see nanny on Christmas’ 

It’s not completely risk free, obviously no mixing is the only risk free option. But we are extremely lucky to have this option here and I urge everyone in Liverpool City Region to use the opportunity! 

Spot on. You can never reduce the risk to zero and you can never increase the risk to 100%, but if you take these steps then the odds of an infection are so infinitesimally small that you might as well see people.