When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

46 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I scoffed at the idea earlier in the year (as Labour would get thrown under the bus) but I’m really starting to think the best way forward now is for the Tories to get rid of Johnson, Government of National Unity to bring everyone together and then a GE straight after the pandemic. 

Literally 0 chance any of this happens. How can you think a general election would happen soon when the Tories have an 80 seat majority. What is in it for them?

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Literally 0 chance any of this happens. How can you think a general election would happen soon when the Tories have an 80 seat majority. What is in it for them?

I didn’t say I think it would happen, I said I think it’s the best way forward.

Mainly because the Government have lost control, today shows that and a Government of National Unity would help get every side on side.

55 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sunak will lose support as soon as the general public realise how short he actually is.

He's tiny!

He's also the wealthiest man there has been in parliament since the King was allowed in, which I'm sure won't go unnoticed when he's telling the rest of us we need to cough up a bit more through the upcoming hard times.

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's a dangerous stance by Burnham.  Hold out too long and cases go up to the point where he won't have too many cards left to play and will risk being blamed himself.

Its a good point, events are already starting to overtake his stance e.g. it is going to be difficult for him to argue the North v South divide now London has announced moving to Tier 2 before Manchester (although I acknowledge there is more to it than Manchester and London, but it does illustrate a point). Regardless of whether what he is doing is right or not his position will become very difficult if the case and death numbers aren't going in the direction everyone would like them to. 

Just now, Chef said:

Its a good point, events are already starting to overtake his stance e.g. it is going to be difficult for him to argue the North v South divide now London has announced moving to Tier 2 before Manchester (although I acknowledge there is more to it than Manchester and London, but it does illustrate a point). Regardless of whether what he is doing is right or not his position will become very difficult if the case and death numbers aren't going in the direction everyone would like them to. 

Manchester has been Tier 2 since its conception, they basically modelled Tier 2 around Manchester, the only difference between now and the end of July for us is we can now mix in gardens.