When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I saw it, sorry. Didn't really mean technically, just meant outcomes as in will the Republicans win with Pence or not.

Oh sorry! I hope Pence doesn’t win, he’s a maniac.

This is a complete dumpster fire. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Oh sorry! I hope Pence doesn’t win, he’s a maniac.

This is a complete dumpster fire. 

Personally I have no issue with people not knowing things and checking their notes or asking one of their aides to help. HOWEVER the way he does it is just insane, he is just the opposite of statesman like it's unreal plus the fact that your being interviewed by look north, that covers Yorkshire have some answers... Do some prep. 

That Johnson interview above really plays to reinforcing my beliefs, not going to lie.  Inept, winging it, reliant on little more than catchphrases from a marketing agency and unable to provide any substantive statement that in any way defends Government action.  Test and trace isn't working?  Blame the people.  The virus not being spread by the working classes but by international travellers, and who are having to bear it's brunt on the frontline out at work every day?  Erm...china...bats.   Don't blame people like the energy company executive who caught it in Singapore, then travelled to Italy and infected people there, some of whom came back here and some of whom travelled on to the Balearic islands.  It absolutely cannot be discussed that this virus only travelled so effectively around the world because some people continued, irresponsibly, to travel globally when it was clear there was a global pandemic.  Nope, let's not highlight that, right Boris?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

loses election and then dies?

Ideally I'd like him to lose the election then stay alive long enough to go to prison and then watch his businesses actually fail and his allies (including his kids) turn on him and each other in a desperate attempt to save their own skins.

29 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think he'll make it because he is a jammy bastard. I'd really not be that sad to see him die personally (I know it sounds harsh but I'd be lying if I said I was), but the more I think about it the more it would be a shit outcome politically. What will happen with the election? Will he end up getting some kind of martyr/redemption narrative? That would be unbearable.

Best scenario really, much as I hate to say it, is for him to get well as quickly as possible and get on with losing the election. Then we can just put the fucking stupid racist clown behind us.

I wouldnt honestly be upset if he did die, though I occasionally feel pangs of how horrible it must be to be in hospital wondering how bad it might get and wondering if you've made a huge mistake. 

For me it's like some dickhead who insists on drink driving and not wearing a seat belt, boasts about it and encourages others to do likewise, puts everyone's life at risk then one day crashes and dies- would I feel bad for them? Not really, it's more a case of 'well, you've kind of brought it on yourself you idiot' 

I do find it odd how people (like his supporters) who literally support the death penalty and rejoice at political figures being bombed and assassinated abroad, (or even here who support trident and insist politicians must be willing to use it to be PM) , say people who wish him dead are terrible human beings, though. 

We all know how life works though, and tossers usually come out of scrapes smelling like roses, so I expect him to have a swift recovery and become even more unbearable than before - he might even cite it as proof that it's not a big deal or that it proves you have to carry on with your life and take the chance. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I wouldnt honestly be upset if he did die, though I occasionally feel pangs of how horrible it must be to be in hospital wondering how bad it might get and wondering if you've made a huge mistake. 

For me it's like some dickhead who insists on drink driving and not wearing a seat belt, boasts about it and encourages others to do likewise, puts everyone's life at risk then one day crashes and dies- would I feel bad for them? Not really, it's more a case of 'well, you've kind of brought it on yourself you idiot' 

I do find it odd how people (like his supporters) who literally support the death penalty and rejoice at political figures being bombed and assassinated abroad, (or even here who support trident and insist politicians must be willing to use it to be PM) , say people who wish him dead are terrible human beings, though. 

We all know how life works though, and tossers usually come out of scrapes smelling like roses, so I expect him to have a swift recovery and become even more unbearable than before - he might even cite it as proof that it's not a big deal or that it proves you have to carry on with your life and take the chance. 

I mean, you put it a lot better than I ever could. This basically.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just had my flu jag this morning and the parting shot from the doctor was, hopefully see you soon for the Covid inoculation! Loved her optimism! 

Is jag a Scottish thing ? I’ve got my jab in a couple of weeks ... a jag for me is a car 🚗!! :) 

20 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Personally I have no issue with people not knowing things and checking their notes or asking one of their aides to help. HOWEVER the way he does it is just insane, he is just the opposite of statesman like it's unreal plus the fact that your being interviewed by look north, that covers Yorkshire have some answers... Do some prep. 

Don't know if this has been posted, it's from last week's Eye.  Johnson doesn't do prep. 

20201003_133602.jpg

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How bad is Pence ... ? @stuartbert two hats mentioned he wasn’t good last night but I know very little about him ... 

Hardcore Christian, dislikes abortion/immigrants/black people/brown people/gay people, enjoys guns, the usual with that lot.

The good thing is he's simply not as charismatic or popular as Trump so he'd never, ever win an election on his own.

Edited by jannybruck

Yeah Pence is an utter arsehole:

Pence is an opponent of abortion, and his unwavering support of abortion restrictions has gained him the support of grassroots conservative activists.[284] He began seeking to defund Planned Parenthood in 2007[285] and in three congressional sessions, he introduced legislation to block organizations that provide abortion services from receiving any Title X funding, even for services not related to reproductive health or family planning.[286]

Pence has criticized comprehensive sex education. In 2002, he criticized a speech by then-secretary of state Colin Powell, who had said it was "important for young people ... to protect themselves from the possibility of acquiring any sexually transmitted disease" through the use of condoms.[287][288] Pence called Powell's comments a "sad day" and expressed his support for abstinence education.[287][288] He asserted that "condoms are a very, very poor protection against sexually transmitted diseases" and that Powell was "maybe inadvertently misleading millions of young people and endangering lives."[287][288]

Pence has been a vocal opponent of efforts to expand LGBT civil rights, during both his governorship and his tenure as a U.S. representative. In 2000, his congressional campaign website said, "Congress should oppose any effort to recognize homosexuals as a 'discrete and insular minority' entitled to the protection of anti-discrimination laws similar to those extended to women and ethnic minorities."[295] Also included on his website was a call for "an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus" and instead advocated that "Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."[296][297][298][299] Some LGBT rights advocates have cited this as evidence of Pence endorsing conversion therapy, a charge he denies.[300]

In 2007, Pence voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would have banned workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.[301] Pence opposed the 2009 Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Act,[302] saying that Barack Obama wanted to "advance a radical social agenda"[303] and said that pastors "could be charged or be subject to intimidation for simply expressing a Biblical worldview on the issue of homosexual behavior."[304] Pence has said that homosexuals should not serve in the military, saying, "Homosexuality is incompatible with military service because the presence of homosexuals in the ranks weakens unit cohesion."[305] Pence opposed the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," saying in 2010 that allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve in the military would "have an impact on unit cohesion."[305][306]

Pence opposes both same-sex marriage and civil unions.[307] While in the House, he said that "societal collapse was always brought about following an advent of the deterioration of marriage and family."[308] He has advocated a constitutional same-sex marriage ban but did not champion such a proposed ban for his first year as governor.[309]