Food Stalls 2020

Dukeicon

I was definitely sleeping on the food options in 2017, combination of bad timing and overindulging in general. That being said I had a cracking fake bacon roll from a place in The Park area which was the highlight. I'm pretty much full veggie now (have been pescetarian last few years) so unfortunately the Goan Fish Curry is Goan, Goan gone. Looking forward to focusing on the vegan options this year.

Going to make a promise to myself to have a good breakfast, mid-afternoon/early evening feed every day this year. Just don't have the stamina any more to try and go without. 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I was definitely sleeping on the food options in 2017, combination of bad timing and overindulging in general. That being said I had a cracking fake bacon roll from a place in The Park area which was the highlight. I'm pretty much full veggie now (have been pescetarian last few years) so unfortunately the Goan Fish Curry is Goan, Goan gone. Looking forward to focusing on the vegan options this year.

Going to make a promise to myself to have a good breakfast, mid-afternoon/early evening feed every day this year. Just don't have the stamina any more to try and go without. 

This is my first Glasto as a vegan and I can't wait for all of the options, the problem for me is I just want to try them all. 

So much food so little time! 

1 minute ago, gmb1992 said:

This is my first Glasto as a vegan and I can't wait for all of the options, the problem for me is I just want to try them all. 

I think my plan this year is to try and identify one (maybe two) stall per stage/area in advance so I've at least narrowed the options a little before I arrive. Will be relying on this thread heavily for that info!

49 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

No but I don't need my food with a side of objectification of women. 

I am going to take this in the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I presume it was intended (based on the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I presume you took my original post).

My horror at the slightest suggestion that my comment was actually sexist means I am going to have to ruin to joke I'm sorry, haha.

13 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Are these food confirmations a sign that the poster is coming? I think they should do a food line up poster, headliner positioning would be very contentious though

They do a small one but covers no where near all of the stalls 

image.png.9efbd001b012ea86bba514484cdd014b.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Last year I was so overwhelmed with the festival I didn't really pay a huge amount of attention to the food. This year I want to pre scout out some food places, will defo try to revisit the cajun place at West Holts

Yeah, that place was good!

Just waiting for Crumble Shack to get their confirmation.  That's all I need to know.

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm pretty much full veggie now (have been pescetarian last few years) so unfortunately the Goan Fish Curry is Goan, Goan gone. Looking forward to focusing on the vegan options this year.

In the same boat Swedge.  Been focused on the veggie options in recent years anyway, but this'll be the first when I consciously don't have any of it.  Luckily I can't think  of many better places than Glastonbury to do it! :)

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do I take the fact that you are posting about food as a sign you are feeling better today ? :) 

Just laying in bed bored, so passing the time emailing food stalls I like.

I am feeling a bit better though. 
Charm x

Edited by Charm
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, fat_man_joe said:

I am going to take this in the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I presume it was intended (based on the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I presume you took my original post).

My horror at the slightest suggestion that my comment was actually sexist means I am going to have to ruin to joke I'm sorry, haha.

Yes I assumed you were being slightly tongue in cheek but for me the love for them over Truly Crumptious has always been a bit style over substance. People took photos of their stall and their costumes but not of their food whereas Truly Crumptious just give amazing food and I will take substance over style every time. 

4 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm pretty much full veggie now (have been pescetarian last few years) so unfortunately the Goan Fish Curry is Goan, Goan gone. Looking forward to focusing on the vegan options this year.

You should head straight to the Goan fish curry stall nevertheless! I’ve been having a veggie day at Glastonbury for the last few years, just to freshen up the ol palate and try some different things - I’m a meat eater, but eating it less and less - and the tikka daal and rice at the Goan place is absolutely frickin amazing and beats the shite out of the actual fish curry. Very, very recommended. 

Had a bash of the vegan fried chikn last year on the advice of a drunken, starving vegan mate of mine and that was delicious 😋 

truly crumptious is excellent as well 👍🏻 Tbf I’m more excited about the food than I ever am about the bands 🤣🤣🤣  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I assumed you were being slightly tongue in cheek but for me the love for them over Truly Crumptious has always been a bit style over substance. People took photos of their stall and their costumes but not of their food whereas Truly Crumptious just give amazing food and I will take substance over style every time. 

It's inspiring how seriously you take your crumpets.

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

You should head straight to the Goan fish curry stall nevertheless! I’ve been having a veggie day at Glastonbury for the last few years, just to freshen up the ol palate and try some different things - I’m a meat eater, but eating it less and less - and the tikka daal and rice at the Goan place is absolutely frickin amazing and beats the shite out of the actual fish curry. Very, very recommended. 

Had a bash of the vegan fried chikn last year on the advice of a drunken, starving vegan mate of mine and that was delicious 😋 

truly crumptious is excellent as well 👍🏻 Tbf I’m more excited about the food than I ever am about the bands 🤣🤣🤣  

I may have voiced an opinion to friends that I occasionally view it as a food festival with some bands on in the background...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, fat_man_joe said:

It's inspiring how seriously you take your crumpets.

Hey as I have pointed out in the Get fit for Glastonbury I have lost 6 stone since January 2019. I didn't achieve that weight without taking my food seriously!!! And now I eat far less of it the quality of it has to be spot on!! :D

4 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Can strongly recommend Happy Maki, Dosa Deli and somewhere last year that did vegan fish "vish" tacos. Hope they're all there this year.