Its suddenly just hit me we probably wont be going.

angelin

3 hours ago, angelin said:

I couldnt put off booking my flights to Vancouver any longer and it was cheaper to land the Thursday morning. Thats it then, isnt it? Even if we are lucky in the resale it will be impossible to find camping  on the Friday. 

we’ve been in this position many times before and weve always got lucky barr once. Theres never been ten of us though. Usually half have got them by now.

Has anyone else made contingency plans?

Why have you booked a flight to Vancouver when the festival is in Shepton Mallet ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Charm said:

Sorry to hear this but feel pretty sure there will be places to camp on Friday. 
I’m planning a long weekend in Ibiza over the festival if it doesn’t happen for me, couldn’t face being here. 
Charm x

This is my tactic. Although swapping Ibiza for Amsterdam 😂

54 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Here is a pic of campsite availability taken on the Saturday (I think). Was defo space on the weekend in 2019.  

A87F1CF7-7E93-4605-93E5-9FF726861AC5.jpeg

Cheers for this - always wondered what availability would be like if I was ever late. Not sure how accurate those percentages are though. Bushy seemed a bit busier than usual last year, but it wasn't comparable to the likes of Kidney and Pennards.

4 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Cheers for this - always wondered what availability would be like if I was ever late. Not sure how accurate those percentages are though. Bushy seemed a bit busier than usual last year, but it wasn't comparable to the likes of Kidney and Pennards.

Pennards looked pretty full by 11am Wednesday. The 95% percentages basically mean you could find a space for a small tent in the middle of a load of other peoples tents.  If you are in a group you have no chance on the most popular fields come Thursday.

14 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

The percentages are for the "safe" limits.  You can always squeeze a tent or two in (unless they're massive), you just won't be able to all camp in a circle with your mates.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

image.png.7e4c120e13abff6c9651cacc2fae3914.png

Is this 80% right? Even on the Saturday? Thought that area would be more like 95% by then...

I have to agree with the other comments in the thread. Thursday afternoon last year I was walking back into camp and the sign by Oxlyers said “FULL” and had it crossed out so it’s interesting the picture posted above has 95%. Guess it depends n how each fields stewards see it.

Even at 95% though you’re only going to find room for a pop up if you’re lucky I guess.

22 hours ago, Bisque said:

Teacher here. Going late, there will be camping.

If it gets cancelled, I don’t think it will, then Uganda or Mexico weather & money depending as a replacement.

I'm lucky with my time off and accomodating bosses (for now)  - apart from last year when I got an Ofsted phone call as I was leaving - but if I don't get tickets this year it'll be work for me and maybe a weekend in Ibiza in the summer. 

Last year I was late down, but my friends had pitched our gear on the Wednesday so it was fine. 

@angelin I've been where you are; most notably November/December. You've got to stick positive, we still have resale attempts and competitions, plus any late volunteering spaces that come up (if you're able to - I'm not and I appreciate if you're aboard it mightn't be an option). Just keep going and pop your head in the resale thread, we're all suffering in there but we have the optimism of @Big durbs to keep us going and @crazyfool1's campaigning skills to marvel at!

• Upvote 1

Thanks both ... it’s not long now ... bit of a final push and we are there .... obviously more than gutted in October and it’s been a weird few months without any firm June plans as yet ... BUT I will see you all on the farm in June .... stay positive and prepare :) 

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm lucky with my time off and accomodating bosses (for now)  - apart from last year when I got an Ofsted phone call as I was leaving - but if I don't get tickets this year it'll be work for me and maybe a weekend in Ibiza in the summer.

I’ve been covering so many classes since I’ve started at this school that has put me in the good books. So many teachers off long term sickness the kids are getting fed up of supply so they’ve put me as a semi-permanent teacher cover on classes. I will get the Friday off & push for Thursday. It’s going to be back to back Bear Grylls videos on Monday if I make it.

Don;t really want to invest in flights at the moment, so the contingency for not getting a ticket is driving down to France (we live in south London, so pretty easy) and spend a couple of days visiting Euro Disney and the WWI history in Belgium (one the wife wants to do, one I do - I'm sure you can guess which way around it is). Chuck in Paris and it could be a worse long weekend!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Don;t really want to invest in flights at the moment, so the contingency for not getting a ticket is driving down to France (we live in south London, so pretty easy) and spend a couple of days visiting Euro Disney and the WWI history in Belgium (one the wife wants to do, one I do - I'm sure you can guess which way around it is). Chuck in Paris and it could be a worse long weekend!

Sorry to hear to are ticketless, don’t know how I’ve missed that. Wishing you lots of luck in the resales. 
Charm x

7 minutes ago, Charm said:

Sorry to hear to are ticketless, don’t know how I’ve missed that. Wishing you lots of luck in the resales. 
Charm x

Very kind, thank you! I prevailed in the coach resale last time, so who knows?

I'll be 44 by the next fest though - maybe I should just take the hint!

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Must feel amazing to get a resale ticket.  Nah, you are never too old for Glastonbury, I can’t ever see myself not going. 
Charm x

16 hours ago, Charm said:

Must feel amazing to get a resale ticket.  Nah, you are never too old for Glastonbury, I can’t ever see myself not going. 
Charm x

We got resales tickets it 2016. It was an incredible feeling, all of a sudden you are running around making plans, checking the clashes, arranging holiday time off, buying stuff and generally feeling euphoric.  Then there’s a little bit of regret that you’ve spent the winter thinking you weren’t going! Best of luck to all on here in the resales, plenty of helpers trying to get you all tickets! 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for some resale good karma, I've managed to bag twice for people off here in 2017 - @Yoghurt on a Stick and another - and came within a whisker last year only for the payment confirmation never to load. Hopefully, I didn't use all my luck up!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Homer said:

Nonsense - 44 is def not to old! Lol

I will be nearly 47 when I walk through the gates for the first time this year.

hope you get tickets in the resale 🤞

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Homer said:

No rush to book flights anywhere at the minute. Plenty of space.