Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah doesn’t seem to have made the splash I’m sure she/her label were hoping for and dropped off pretty quickly. Here’s hoping single #2 fairs a bit better. I doubt she’s on track for a flop album but Houdini didn’t get things off to the best start. 

Her dance moves in the video are better than the song it's self and that tells you everything as she isn't the best mover. 

Had she not been set to headline next year, I don't think she'd have got it later. There are acts that sell tickets quicker than she does in the UK easily that wouldn't get that headline spot.

Have had a soft spot for Dua Lipa since I saw her on the Friday afternoon in 2017 in John Peel (is that now being called a different name?) while waiting for The Lemon Twigs! 

Houdini isn't very good but I think working with Kevin parker and his pal Tobias is maybe a risk if you're looking for a nailed on hit. Dance the Night is a monstrously huge song however, deservedly so imo, and another impressive writing credit for Mark Robson - I had assumed his days of big songs were behind him.

@northernangelwho are the acts you think would shift more UK tickets than Dua Lipa at the moment? Am interested. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, august1 said:

Think people are in for a shock how that song is going off at G 🤣

I'm tempted to go just for that song. Not that I like it but I always makes me laugh when it gets an airing at the match. It's just so odd that it's been added to the cannon. 

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm tempted to go just for that song. Not that I like it but I always makes me laugh when it gets an airing at the match. It's just so odd that it's been added to the cannon. 

I think she's equally as baffled tbh but it's good to have something more upbeat to play.

I can see a mass exodus after it's been played.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 11:47 AM, august1 said:

I think she's equally as baffled tbh but it's good to have something more upbeat to play.

I can see a mass exodus after it's been played.

This is a mad take

• Upvote 1