2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

So many questions, eh? Who will remain on the line-up, and if they get scrubbed, who might replace them? Will there be any comedy? Who's curating the films, and what's the programme? Will there be an EOTR CD this year, and will it feature 5 minute segments of no-show silence? Will the festival programme consist of photocopied pages stapled together the night before? Will the clothes & second hand records guy be there? Will there be late night shows and will we be able to see a final night mash-up of 3-4 different bands on stage in the Tipi in the time-honoured tradition? Will the quality of the tea bus bacon-and-egg sandwiches at breakfast be maintained? Will the direction sign at Dennis Lane be maliciously reversed? What time on the Wednesday will the set-ups video appear? Will the Wave Pictures get a last-minute call-up? And let's not start talking about the weather forecast just yet? Or shall we? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven't even started the group chat between myself and the two mates I'm going with yet, to arrange who is driving (surely it's not my turn AGAIN!?!?) and whether I'm taking the massive tent that weighs an absolute tonne because of so much uncertainty. Five weeks on Thursday isn't it? Also REALLY want to know what food stalls are going to be there and whether they've got some fresh copies of that awful book that was given away a few years ago for the woodland library. Are Beavertown back, or have we got a new brewery for the more "crafty" drinkers amongst us?

And yeah, get The Wave Pictures on speed-dial.

45 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

So many questions, eh? Who will remain on the line-up, and if they get scrubbed, who might replace them? Will there be any comedy? Who's curating the films, and what's the programme? Will there be an EOTR CD this year, and will it feature 5 minute segments of no-show silence? Will the festival programme consist of photocopied pages stapled together the night before? Will the clothes & second hand records guy be there? Will there be late night shows and will we be able to see a final night mash-up of 3-4 different bands on stage in the Tipi in the time-honoured tradition? Will the quality of the tea bus bacon-and-egg sandwiches at breakfast be maintained? Will the direction sign at Dennis Lane be maliciously reversed? What time on the Wednesday will the set-ups video appear? Will the Wave Pictures get a last-minute call-up? And let's not start talking about the weather forecast just yet? Or shall we? 

Please, please please Do Not start talking about the weather until at least 6:00 am on 2nd September when we might get a reasonably reliable forecast. 

Yes to Wave Pictures though. 

3 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Please, please please Do Not start talking about the weather until at least 6:00 am on 2nd September when we might get a reasonably reliable forecast. 

Yes to Wave Pictures though. 

I've got blazing sunshine on the Thursday, cloud cover for the rest of the weekend. 0.3mm of rain over the whole weekend. Average temperatures of 19 degrees C.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xxialac said:
Gah, if only we’d had this earlier we could have had more foreign bands. 

Hopefully it means we will lose fewer bands though…

On the bright side it means us filthy Irish can come over and go to the festival (hopefully).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, WFD said:

If it wasn't already known Arab Strap are playing on the Thursday (they've just announced a Friday date to add to their Saturday and Sunday dates already scheduled).

They will be on the Sunday as Dublin cancelled so makes sense to play Scotland, Manchester then Dorset 

Edited by Nick07

39 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

They will be on the Sunday as Dublin cancelled so makes sense to play Scotland, Manchester then Dorset 

Ah right, didn't realise Dublin was cancelled - yes that makes a lot more sense than Dorset - Dunfermline - Manchester!

3 hours ago, Nick07 said:

Theyre announced on songkick as playing Thursday but I guess thats just because the festie starts on that date. Songkick do that with festivals. 

Anyway 36 days and counting ...

19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

35 days out. Can't cancel now can they?

Can they?

I don't see what reason they would have to cancel unless the bunch of fuckwits that masquerades as a government reimpose restrictions which seems unlikely.

Infection rates and hospitalisation rates are falling and even if there's an post July 19th upturn, with over 70% already double-jabbed it shouldn't get out of control.

From August 16th double-jabbed people will not have to self isolate following contact with a positive case which will end the "pingdemic", so there should be no problems with staffing for the festival or the traders.

Double-jabbed US citizens can now come over without isolating (and I expect the US to change its don't travel to the UK advice before too long) so any remaining US artists on the line up shouldn't have a problem coming.

Keep the faith, it will happen and we can have a beer together in the Tipi - other bars are acceptable.