2020 Line-up Thread

RustySpanner

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I don't see what reason they would have to cancel unless the bunch of fuckwits that masquerades as a government reimpose restrictions which seems unlikely.

^This^

The government are the only thing that could stop this now, which seems fairly unlikely given how much shit they'd get for it.

If anyone wants some good news, I commented on the last EOTR fb post asking about the food lineup, and I tagged La Grande Bouffe and Paelleria asking if they'd be there and they both self-confirmed 😄

So that's something! I am looking forward to the music and food very much, the fest has been very much a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel deal for me...

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 13.00.59.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, actionstations said:

If anyone wants some good news, I commented on the last EOTR fb post asking about the food lineup, and I tagged La Grande Bouffe and Paelleria asking if they'd be there and they both self-confirmed 😄

So that's something! I am looking forward to the music and food very much, the fest has been very much a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel deal for me...

Ha... I saw that post in FB.

That Manna kitchen were at Green Man.... it is the fucking business. I'll also have the Goan Fish Curry stand please if it goes to EOTR?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Ha... I saw that post in FB.

That Manna kitchen were at Green Man.... it is the fucking business. I'll also have the Goan Fish Curry stand please if it goes to EOTR?

pretty much every time I walked past Manna kitchen I was like... AGAIN. YES.

And yes to Goan curry, but only once a fest. Also, definitely need to get wasted enough that grilled cheese sandwiches from the cheese truck are the best thing in the universe... good grief I miss festivals.

23 minutes ago, actionstations said:

pretty much every time I walked past Manna kitchen I was like... AGAIN. YES.

And yes to Goan curry, but only once a fest. Also, definitely need to get wasted enough that grilled cheese sandwiches from the cheese truck are the best thing in the universe... good grief I miss festivals.

That truck that does like three different high end toasties 👌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

From August 16th double-jabbed people will not have to self isolate following contact with a positive case which will end the "pingdemic", so there should be no problems with staffing for the festival or the traders.

Oh didnt know that. That is good news. Im double jabbed and have my covid passport so no issue traveling over.

57 minutes ago, Mardy said:

It's measure of my confidence that I've now moved on from worrying about if it will happen to fretting about the weather for that weekend.

giphy.gif

Edited by The Nal

4 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

How confident is everyone feeling? I'm about 99.9% at the moment. 

Government policy is currently being decided by a bunch of backbenchers who drool the word "freeeedoooommmm" out of their mouth every two seconds. So barring a sudden uptick in hospitalisations and deaths I can't see restrictions being reintroduced. Especially after a seemingly cautious Health Secretary suddenly had a huge personal scandal out of nowhere and got replaced by a guy who talks like a crank twitter account

They want their "pool parties in Wuhan" photos after all

2 hours ago, actionstations said:

#AnnounceMomos

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

It's measure of my confidence that I've now moved on from worrying about if it will happen to fretting about the weather for that weekend.

I think this is going to be the year I pivot to ponchos.

I couldn't care less what the weather is tbh. Rain, wind or shine I am gonna be absolutely out of my tree all weekend

I'd hope the whole line-up and day splits would be announced before September, but this isn't the communication of a festival that has doubts about going ahead. (Interesting how this thread seems a lot more worried than Green Man's, which is in a country that hasn't relaxed restrictions yet)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

4 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I'd hope the whole line-up and day splits would be announced before September, but this isn't the communication of a festival that has doubts about going ahead. (Interesting how this thread seems a lot more worried than Green Man's, which is in a country that hasn't relaxed restrictions yet)

I'm not worried. All systems go. But of course until the EOTR set-ups vid screens, for some there will always be a lurking doubt. 

28 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Groan, doesn’t sound like we are getting day splits for some time!

Oh well, the problem with impatience is mine…

Cinema screening should be fairly straightforward, surprised we haven't got that yet. 

Like lots of you, more interested now in the food, and if Beavertown are going to be there. Not that fussed about the day splits, tbh, they can wait, but I would really like the comedy lineup, as I'm currently umming and aahing about whether to go up to Edinburgh fringe in a couple of weeks, and a strong comedy lineup would help me with that decision.

Not attempting to virtue signal or instruct people where to eat or whatever but I'd encourage people to think twice before supporting Happy Maki. The owner is sadly a vocal transphobe and all round nasty piece of work. Last autumn her entire workforce put out a statement explaining this and thought it more important to resign, thus placing themselves in real economic insecurity, rather than carry on working for her. I know of this primary because someone very, very close to me was working there at the time and another as on the receiving end of her vitriol.

It's a shame as I regularly visited Happy Maki at festivals and in Brighton where I live as i loved the food. Whilst I don't think it's necessary to go into real specific detail here and of course I in no way begrudge anyone who would continue to eat there, I thought it would be worth a mention.

P.S - we need the dumpling stand back at EOTR!!!